Post Game Press Conference Louisville and UConn. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Post Game Press Conference Louisville and UConn.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Fantastic Presser

1) I did not know that it is not Geno who does not want the regional net cut down but a vote by the players/

2) Based on what Lou was physically and mentally yesterday, it was a miracle she was able to turn it around

3) Last 15 seconds, he discusses the 101 year old UConn fan. Than at the end, wants his address so he can send him something.

Maybe, going incognito as @Woof 101 ;)

Reaction Score
Geno was very emotional but had a grip on his emotions so tightly that he seemed somber at times. The last question brought some out. I bet he shed a couple tears today
I think he was teary; when the game ended he walked to the middle of the court with his fingers to his eyes, it was beautiful to watch. Best game I’ve watched in person, you could feel the energy the entire game.

Reaction Score
Geno was very emotional but had a grip on his emotions so tightly that he seemed somber at times. The last question brought some out. I bet he shed a couple tears today

I think this year has reawakened the joy (and sometimes agony) of teaching for Geno. He's had so many good, experienced players for so long, that it was more like refining and elevating, but this year has been more basic teaching. That's been my takeaway, particularly with his answer to the last question.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Christyn: "I love you, man." Recruiting material right there!

Recruiting material: Lou with Holly on the court. Holly asks her what it's like to be going to the 12th straight Final 4. " It's amazing just to be part of this program. Just to wear this name on our chests everyday. You know you're part of something special and they've created something amazing here and you just want to play as long as you can." She's pretty good off the cuff what?

Reaction Score
Recruiting material: Lou with Holly on the court. Holly asks her what it's like to be going to the 12th straight Final 4. " It's amazing just to be part of this program. Just to wear this name on our chests everyday. You know you're part of something special and they've created something amazing here and you just want to play as long as you can." She's pretty good off the cuff what?
Thought that was a pretty big comment. Especially since a lot of High School Talent chose other schools over UConn this year.

Reaction Score
Thanks for all the links to the NCAA and locker room coach and players. Keeping it with the players:

I love what Phesa has to say, and
I love what Megan has to say, and
I love what Lou has to say, and
I love what Chrystal has to say, and
I love what what Christin has to say, and
I love what Olivia has to say, and
(if interviewed) I would love what the others have to say.

UConn, where you grow up to be a wonderful woman and where dreams come true

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I liked what Geno said about Sveta. He said she couldn't make the FF so flew in from Moscow for the game. Geno took her in to the locker room and told the team this is what it means to play for this program.

Did he say this in the official presser or the other video? (sheepeshly multitasking a bit)

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Why after games does Lou always look like she's just gone 15 rounds with Mike Tyson? Head bang

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I've slept on this comment and still woke up wanting to say it. I was very impressed with Sam Fuehring throughout the game, but I was more impressed with her in the press conference. Howard Megdal, God bless him, 10 minutes out of this great Round of 8 game chooses, highly inappropriately, to ask Sam about the WNBA (he's been flogging his own gossip about the draft for weeks) and Sam politely but firmly blew him off. I loved it. Well done Sam.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

I agree and Kudos to @BRS24 . But I understand an internal memo is circulating at ESPN about how Other is now a verboten word on air. It frankly hi-lites the all to often tendency of ESPN to pick one or two players or themes and absolutely grind your ears off with them. Yeah, it's easy, it's lazy and it's just bad sports' journalism.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Reporter #1 - Lou, what did you
Reporter #2 - Katie Lou, how did you
Reporter #3 - Katie, when did you
Reporter #4 - Lou, why did you
Reporter #5 - Meghan and Christyn, what do you think about Lou?
Reporter #6 - Ok back to Lou,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom