Possible 1 Year Transfer | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Possible 1 Year Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

All around, probably a good thing. Would have loved to have him on the floor though.

Forgive me but I don't buy the narrative this is a positive development. He is already a college graduate; maybe some academics in the faculty lounge might celebrate this - but not if you are a basketball fan. Ollie did try to get him in.

Reaction Score
Forgive me but I don't buy the narrative this is a positive development. He is already a college graduate; maybe some academics in the faculty lounge might celebrate this - but not if you are a basketball fan. Ollie did try to get him in.
He is not a college graduate. He is still an undergrad and only immediately eligible because Southern University is banned from the postseason due to APR issues.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

He didn't graduate college yet chief. Gotta check your sources.

Reaction Score
Fishy, I believe posted, he graduated from Southern.

Something was cleared up for me - I stopped reading the other thread, so not sure if this has been mentioned.

Godfrey isn't a graduate transfer. Southern has been banned from the postseason due to their APR issues and Godfrey has been sprung Oriakhi-style. I'm sure that's why UConn admissions didn't want to entertain this one.

Calvin Godfrey, a 6-9, 210-pound power forward who spent last season at Southern, will transfer to Memphis and be eligible immediately under the APR waiver. Southern is banned from the NCAA tournament this season due to underperforming APR scores.

Godfrey was also considering UConn. He said the Huskies, for reasons he was unable to explain, couldn't "get [me] into the program."

http://www.sadtrombone.com/

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Tough loss. But we can do it the right way.

C

Chief00

He is not a college graduate. He is still an undergrad and only immediately eligible because Southern University is banned from the postseason due to APR issues.
Thanks for the clarification.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Memphis will have a deep, talented and physically imposing front line next year. Bring it on!

Reaction Score
We can only assume that Godfrey's transcript look problematic, and that they did not want to take any hits to their APR number. I sure would have liked to add a player of his abilities, but not at the risk of impacting any future tournament eligibility or scholarship issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom