Polley Pitched A Shutout | The Boneyard

Polley Pitched A Shutout

Reaction Score
I was wrong. Closest came against Creighton. Had 0 points, 0 assists and 1 rebound in 17 minutes. Pitched a shutout with 4 fouls against USC but that was in only 4 minutes.

Reaction Score
I was wrong. Closest came against Creighton. Had 0 points, 0 assists and 1 rebound in 17 minutes. Pitched a shutout with 4 fouls against USC but that was in only 4 minutes.
Yes, so tonight is the high water mark.

WaterDawg

Lurker Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
He’s a feast or famine kinda guy and tonight was definitely a famine. All good though... We won!

Reaction Score
He is what he is at this point, his game isn't going to change. He's a (very) poor man's college version of Channing Frye. I would like to see us run some more action for Bouk opposite of Polley when he's running off screens, or even the bigs after screening for Polley because teams have been militant about trying to run him off the 3 point line since he went on his hot streak.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
0 fouls, 0 turnovers, 0 blocks as well. Bro just went out there and ran around
No, I was actually txting my sister that he doesn't run around much, and definitely not enough to get himself free for uncontested shots. The only explanation/excuse I could come up was linger effect of the ACL tear.

I don't want to post negatively about him, but what I see is on a continuum that goes from puzzling to bothersome.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
You would rather play a shorter player who shoots worse and also doesn't rebound or pass well and also turns the ball over all the time?

Don't ever coach, please.

Even when he pitches a 13 Trillion like tonight he is a threat and spaces the floor.
I'm not going back and forth with the insults, but Polley literally can't do anything besides shoot. Adams is shorter but does everything else better than Polley including defend, rebound, pass and finishing. With Jackson in the fold I'm over the Polley experiment at this point in his career.

Reaction Score
No, I was actually txting my sister that he doesn't run around much, and definitely not enough to get himself free for uncontested shots. The only explanation/excuse I could come up was linger effect of the ACL tear.

I don't want to post negatively about him, but what I see is on a continuum that goes from puzzling to bothersome.
When puzzling is your upside, that is not good

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Dove: "Polley wanna basket?"

Polley: "Yeah, no."

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Defenses sag off of Whaley and Jackson making it more difficult for Sonogo, Cole and Bouknight to create. That is not the situation when Tyler is playing. There is a value to having Tyler on the floor for offense even if he doesn’t score.

I was happy he only had one play that his player slipped past him this game. However when he plays tight defense he is slow to react for rebounds.

Brendan is only a slightly better defender, definitely a better ball handler, not as good at causing defenses to blanket him the way they do Tyler and is a free throw liability relative to Tyler.

Reaction Score
I love Polley and accept him for the role that he fills, but he is actually among the worst 6’7+ Rebounding players I can find in history using the player index.
6’9”.....that makes it way worse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom