Poll: How do you prefer watching a UConn Men’s BB game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll: How do you prefer watching a UConn Men’s BB game?

How do yo prefer watching a UConn Men’s BB game?

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Definitely live in person, but if I’m at home its with my 10 yo daughter. She kind of pays attention, but I think she does it to spend time with me. If it’s March, then it’s at home with my daughter and a pepperoni pizza cut into squares.

Reaction Score
Being in SW Florida, I guess watching at home is the best available. God bless streaming, I get all the games in one package.
SWFL go out to the bar. It's 80 degrees in December and it's a great way to mix it up with all the other Connecticut people. We must do our part to spread the gospel of UConn to these SEC heathens.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Live every time, but generally that's no can do. I used to like watching away games with a few friends who are alumni and as psycho about the games as I am. Now that I live 2,000 miles away, I don't know another local UConn fan. So it's:

A) at home with my 14 year old daughter, or

B) alone if she's got something else going on

My wife just knows I'm a lunatic while watching a game, and finds someplace else to be. Oddly, her fly-by check ins are a lot less frequent when we're losing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
  1. Live at Gampel
  2. Live at XL (the 2-3 biggest BE home games)
  3. Home Alone

100. XL cupcakes /lower BE games

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Either by myself or only with other UConn fans (in person, at a bar, at a house).

I don’t do well watching with casuals who talk through the entire game / don’t pay attention…

Reaction Score
1693444231621.jpeg

Reaction Score
After reading these replies I realize I am not the only nut who lives and dies with our team. During the tournament last year I developed a routine where I would run during timeouts. My wife thought it was a great way to improve my cardio. And I had to hit 20,000 steps every day of March madness. What a great benefit of rooting for the champs. Thank you DH and crew for helping improve my health

Reaction Score
After reading these replies I realize I am not the only nut who lives and dies with our team. During the tournament last year I developed a routine where I would run during timeouts. My wife thought it was a great way to improve my cardio. And I had to hit 20,000 steps every day of March madness. What a great benefit of rooting for the champs. Thank you DH and crew for helping improve my health

I do 10 burpees every timeout. Glad I'm not alone, lol

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I put the game on the TV and whoever is there has to watch it with me. If there is no one here, then I watch it alone.

Regular season game, meh, I just watch. Big game - I do pace a lot. Really big game, I will expand my pacing to actual overland travel.

For the title game this year, my wife and I rented a place on Florida for a week. My inlaws came to stay with us for a few days. I watched for like three minutes with them and then my mother in law said, oh, no, UConn’s losing in the first minute or two of the game and I got out of Dodge.

I watch the game on my ipad on a bench outside.

Reaction Score
In person when I can, but living in Texas the opportunities are limited. I mostly watch at home. Small gatherings mostly.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Live is best then home alone. I lose it when I have to watch games with people who have zero interest in the game. I ride my Peloton for the first half , shower then settle in for the second.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Always live when possible, if not home with my two boys 100% focused on game, we normally stand the entire game. Never a bar, no boys and majority don't care about game. Hoop in chat as needed to get fans reactions and maybe add my two cents.

That is awesome! So pumped up everyone is standing! I may try that because I tend to jump out of my chair at great plays or bad ref calls. My wife won't even come into the room when the game is on.
She thinks she's bad mojo.

Reaction Score
I chose "a couple of friends/family" but it's just me and the Warden, that's it. If the kid is home on break, she will watch too.

I pace, I swear, I have the iPad on ESPN with the current stats. We usually buy a three-pack of games each year and they hate going with me because I can't sit still.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
For the title game this year, my wife and I rented a place on Florida for a week. My inlaws came to stay with us for a few days. I watched for like three minutes with them and then my mother in law said, oh, no, UConn’s losing in the first minute or two of the game and I got out of Dodge.

I watch the game on my ipad on a bench outside.
That’s very nice of you. I absolutely would have made her leave the room and told her she could watch on the iPad.

It’s like when I’m watching games with my family… my dad, my brother and me are all screaming f bombs at the TV and my mom will go “oh no, did something bad happen”?

Reaction Score
That’s very nice of you. I absolutely would have made her leave the room and told her she could watch on the iPad.

It’s like when I’m watching games with my family… my dad, my brother and me are all screaming f bombs at the TV and my mom will go “oh no, did something bad happen”?
My mom knows nothing about sports but to this day she knows who Patrick Ewing is and she calls him "Hands of " Ewing.

We watched every single Knicks game growing up and my dad constantly screamed at the TV about the refs and constantly called Ewing "hands of ." My mom would walk in the room and ask, "What did hands of do now?"

Reaction Score
In person because you get a much better feel for the flow of the game. On TV it's much more nerve racking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom