Poll: How do you prefer watching a UConn Men’s BB game? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Poll: How do you prefer watching a UConn Men’s BB game?

How do yo prefer watching a UConn Men’s BB game?

• Total voters

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
In person

Otherwise I'd save a ton of money

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Home games - HAVE to be there. No excuses. What are we even talking about?

Away games - depends on the game. If it’s a big one, maybe with the fellas having beers in the basement. If it’s a huge one, maybe home by myself stressed. If it’s super rainy/snowy, home on the couch by myself with a fire going.

Never at a bar. Too many casuals and distractions. I’d want to slap the first person that asks “are they still in the AAC?”

Reaction Score
Bars are usually out unless of course you’re assured of sound, loud. But even then it’s just not the same.

At the game was great, being part of it through the years as JC built this thing we have now, was so much fun memories for ever. Have to say that since I coached my son growing up and watched him play through HS and went to less games I have grown fond of being a home body. The ability to see a play that the refs miss and replaying it immediately to see they missed it happens a lot. In ‘99 I watched the BE tourney through the FF every game with a bunch of friends (a few BYers) at Rookies in Cromwell (now Chicago Sams)…and we had a blast. On Monday night I couldn’t leave the house I had to watch all the local and national pre-game hype I was a mess. My phone was ringing off the hook. I was happy with my decision and kind of haven’t looked back.

Home, yelling when I need to, replaying when I need to, going back and forth with my brother and friends about calls etc etc when I need to that’s the way I roll now.

Can’t wait to get back it.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
You are all disgusting animals and I’m embarrassed to be associated with you

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bars are usually out unless of course you’re assured of sound, loud. But even then it’s just not the same.

Back in early Calhoun I can remember going to bars to watch a game down here in Jersey. One time we had to get them to change it to put on the game on the big TV. Probably like all of us, I get into it and can be a little loud. It started to draw people's attention and they came over to see what was going on and they stayed to watch the game. By the end of the game, which we won, we had a bar full of Jersey people with no particular Connecticut rooting interest cheering for UConn. My wife and I still chuckle about that from time to time.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
After reading these replies I realize I am not the only nut who lives and dies with our team. During the tournament last year I developed a routine where I would run during timeouts. My wife thought it was a great way to improve my cardio. And I had to hit 20,000 steps every day of March madness. What a great benefit of rooting for the champs. Thank you DH and crew for helping improve my health

This is a great idea. I have to lose a bunch of weight, this is something that can help with that. Especially since I've usually got a ton of energy during games anyway.

Reaction Score
  1. Live, but I moved 1,400 miles away so . . .
  2. With like-minded family and friends if I'm visiting CT, but mostly . . .
  3. Home alone where I can be crazy and have my laptop open for the chat and boxscore.

Reaction Score
Of course live that’s too easy of an answer.

Specifically my tune is far different with a regular season game vs tourney game. I watch a regular season game wherever with whoever I’m usually easy going with a free schedule. Do I still get intense during games especially conference games of course.

Now postseason games I’m a complete nut. BE tourney games I’m about half and half, NCAA games a different story. I plan a rigid schedule around it. I cannot be around anyone during the games. I get super nervous all day I can barely sleep and I constantly pace back and forth in my living room I don’t eat during the games, drink no question. This latest tourney run obviously made me chill a lot.

Reaction Score
This is a great idea. I have to lose a bunch of weight, this is something that can help with that. Especially since I've usually got a ton of energy during games anyway.
Block out an hour and 15 in the middle of your work day - walk three miles, have lunch and a shower - you'll be fine.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Buzzed
Wondered if this would be an option, and expected it to show up in comments.

I'm grateful that so far nobody has written "unclothed."

Ftr, I generally watch alone, but text with my sister throughout many games, while firmly & politely fending off engagement with others who aren't as fully engaged with the team 12 months a year but mean well.

Reaction Score
Live at the event is obviously ideal.

If I'm going to watch on TV, I prefer to be alone. Any other team, I can watch with friends of family, but I turn into a monster watching UConn basketball games and can't be allowed around other people.
For me, I just can’t stand the comments made by people who clearly don’t understand anything more about the game beyond ball-in-hoop=good. And that is literally everywhere. Even live. “SHOOT IT”. I was at Gampel for GTown last year and it was brutal. Makes me just want to watch at home. I can’t just be drunk in the crowd of the student section anymore.

Like watching a football game with every person around you people yelling “TACKLE HIM” the instant an opposing player has the ball past the line of scrimmage

Reaction Score
…..but the only person I like watching it with at home is my ten year old son. Priceless

Reaction Score
I prefer to watch the game alone at home alone and focus on the game. For other sports, I typically prefer to watch it with other people.
For me it depends if the game is during the week or on the weekend.

Reaction Score
It honestly depends on where the seats are and who I am watching the game with. Had seats 2 rows back in Philly once for a Villanova game. Surrounded by 'Nova fans, but they were respectful and took their loss pretty well. My first game was at the Civic Center and I was a kid. The tickets were free and a nice gesture from a family friend. The players looked like ants though on the floor. I also hate being at a bar and 'that' guy yelling for a foul when a guy would breath on a player.
It's all about who and 'the view'. If the fellow fans/rivals fans know their stuff and are remotely respectful I'm good. Just as long as I'm not suffering through my friend's girlfriend asking if that was a 3-pointer when Jalen Adams would put up a floater in the point, over and over again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom