Point guard | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Point guard

Reaction Score
Why did he go to Howard? Did he have high major options and wanted to go to a HBCU?
He was recruited by BU Monmouth, Howard, and got a look from St Bonnie’s though I don’t think an offer. But he was the best player in New Jersey. Hence my suspicion that he is an off the bench guy. Plus he is only 6-1.

Reaction Score
He was recruited by BU Monmouth, Howard, and got a look from St Bonnie’s though I don’t think an offer. But he was the best player in New Jersey. Hence my suspicion that he is an off the bench guy. Plus he is only 6-1.

Well then you're setting yourself up to be pleasantly surprised. RJ is an under control ball handler, can penetrate, shoot, and find the open man. He's a pure PG that will fit Hurley's system flawlessly. Are you ignoring some of the insiders saying he's been the best player in practice? It'd be quite a head scratcher if our best player comes off the bench. Brace yourself because RJ is going to play big minutes and is going to be a major contributor. This year off practicing with the squad will only make him better.

Reaction Score
I'm leaning to the side of those who say we need more and better [PG] point guard "play" next year, specifically. That means making the other non PG's better and passing to set them up for their shots. PG's and shooters are critical, and right there with them you have to have board hounds! Teams fall apart fast when injuries or poor play from the PG's happens.

Reaction Score

He's not even 6' that's another issue. He's as close to 6'1 as Gilbert is to 6'.

Reaction Score
“Insiders” or not How many times over the years have we heard our best player can’t currently play or is a transfer?

I’ll hold my judgment until he plays good comp suiting up for us.

Reaction Score
This is from our very own "A Dime Back"

Christian Vital's shots aren't falling this year (which is obviously the most important thing), but he's also on pace to become just the third UConn player since 1993 to average at least 10 points, 6 rebounds and 2 steals per game. Caron (01 & 02) Burrell (93)

Reaction Score
“Insiders” or not How many times over the years have we heard our best player can’t currently play or is a transfer?

I’ll hold my judgment until he plays good comp suiting up for us.
The benchmark is to be a slight upgrade from the production we’ve gotten from our older PG. Do I expect that? Yes.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He's not even 6' that's another issue. He's as close to 6'1 as Gilbert is to 6'.
He’s actually shorter than Al I’m pretty sure but I don’t doubt his ability to get buckets at this level. His clips remind me of Khalid who was was 5’9 230?

Reaction Score
He’s actually shorter than Al I’m pretty sure but I don’t doubt his ability to get buckets at this level. His clips remind me of Khalid who was was 5’9 230?

He’s not shorter than Gilbert. Gilbert I’ll give 5’9.5” and Cole I’ll give 5’10.5”

Reaction Score
He’s not shorter than Gilbert. Gilbert I’ll give 5’9.5” and Cole I’ll give 5’10.5”
Fellow left handed Big East PG Markus Howard is only listed at 5'11".

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He’s just shorter than I thought. I saw him next to Al and my heart sank.

Reaction Score
OP is right on... We desperately need to recruit another PG to lead this team in the future. I cannot put my stock into a guy who hasn't played high D1 yet, Gaffney, who is still a work in progress, and the belief that Bouk, Jackson, and Adams can all be useful ballhandlers when none of them have really proven that just yet.

Hurley's offense needs guys who can make plays. Sadly, our two upperclassmen in the backcourt are just too flawed in key areas to be guys who you can depend on.

Reaction Score

And Ja Morant was recruited by who? Recruiting rankings are wrong all the time. Its a good general predictor, but it isnt the end all be all. Scott Hazeltine was a top 10 recruit. How’d that work out?

Cole is going to be a stud. Look at his stats and watch him play.

Reaction Score
OP is right on... We desperately need to recruit another PG to lead this team in the future. I cannot put my stock into a guy who hasn't played high D1 yet, Gaffney, who is still a work in progress, and the belief that Bouk, Jackson, and Adams can all be useful ballhandlers when none of them have really proven that just yet.

Hurley's offense needs guys who can make plays. Sadly, our two upperclassmen in the backcourt are just too flawed in key areas to be guys who you can depend on.
So you'd rather put "your stock" in an unproven freshman than a player who has shown he can score and distribute even against better comp? Your post just doesn't make sense to me.

Reaction Score
I saw Fatts Russell in person against George Mason. I kept thinking that this Hurley recruit is hopefully the kind of player that Coach will bring to our team over the next few years. A point guard who can shoot and pass. Nothing more, nothing less.

BTW Rhode Island is my sleeper this March.

Reaction Score
He was only McDs AA because of where the game was if I remember correctly. Not near the Top 10.
Yes, the game was in Boston so they had 2 players from the area. Both should not have been McD's All Americans. For mythical Boneyard Bucks, name the other player.

Reaction Score
Neil Fingleton
Neil was short compared to Robert Wadlow.
i3pKjm69YbHQB97Cx8BCsOSpLS9igxfv0m37E1RIF7k.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom