Please put your ludicrous head coach suggestions here ←←← | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Please put your ludicrous head coach suggestions here ←←←

B

BlazePizza

My mom teaches with a guy who coaches youths in Simsbury with Rebecca Lobo, and he came into my parlor the other day. He ordered a sausage and pepper pie, and began telling me that Lobo told him that Diana Taurasi has expressed interest in coaching, but we won’t give her the job because she is too tall in heels. It’s unfortunate, but I agree with the logic.

Then a guy came up to the counter and asked for ranch dressing. Can you believe it? Ranch.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
My mom teaches with a guy who coaches youths in Simsbury with Rebecca Lobo, and he came into my parlor the other day. He ordered a sausage and pepper pie, and began telling me that Lobo told him that Diana Taurasi has expressed interest in coaching, but we won’t give her the job because she is too tall in heels. It’s unfortunate, but I agree with the logic.

Then a guy came up to the counter and asked for ranch dressing. Can you believe it? Ranch.

I'm in awe with the number of ways you are able to mention your pizza shop in almost every post.

Shameless, but oddly impressive, all things considered.

Reaction Score
Jim Christian. He took a bunch of no rated players and took a program off life support. That and he looks like Gru and can bring minions to his staff. Bring back the youth fan base. Coaching in front of more than 10 people and having to deal with media that cares are the potential areas of concern.

Not saying Christian is the answer, but he has done a very good job at BCU bringing them back from the dead. To me, this shows that there are unheralded coaches out there who can coach and be successful at a high level program. It will take work to identify them and convince them to come here, but it isn't impossible like some here believe. DB needs to get someone (a consultant, search firm or whatever) to identify a short list of coaches ASAP if he hasn't already done so. Hurley may seem the obvious choice, but until you do your due diligence and check every possibility out there, you won't be sure and we can't afford to not be sure. Forget name recognition and where they are coaching today, just get the best coach we can find and let him pick his staff.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
So far I've seen Karl Hobbs, Rick Pitino, Richard Pitino, 'lil Dicky Pitino, the corpse of Thad Matta, Kevin Freeman, Ricky Moore, JC, JC for a couple years w/Glen Miller as coach in waiting, various high school coaches nobody has ever heard of, Geno a million times, JTIII, JTIV, Becky Hammons, and probably others I'm missing.

Who's next? Dave Bliss doing anything? Gene Hackman retired from acting a while ago, he's available. Maybe Phil Jackson wants a new challenge?
I would get season tickets behind the bench if we brought in Becky Hammon.

Reaction Score
So far I've seen Karl Hobbs, Rick Pitino, Richard Pitino, 'lil Dicky Pitino, the corpse of Thad Matta, Kevin Freeman, Ricky Moore, JC, JC for a couple years w/Glen Miller as coach in waiting, various high school coaches nobody has ever heard of, Geno a million times, JTIII, JTIV, Becky Hammons, and probably others I'm missing.

Who's next? Dave Bliss doing anything? Gene Hackman retired from acting a while ago, he's available. Maybe Phil Jackson wants a new challenge?

What a ridiculous list, We need an experienced coach with recruiting connections. Stop hiring 2nd tier coaches.

Reaction Score
I'm all in on Rick Pitino! I don't care if our recruits take money, are entertained by hookers on recruiting visits, or any other NCAA infraction. I simply just want to WIN again! Let's be real honest JC was no saint here when we at the height of our success.

Reaction Score
Title says ludicrous.

Chris Bosh with a strong assistant staff all penny and brown!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom