Please put your ludicrous head coach suggestions here ←←← | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Please put your ludicrous head coach suggestions here ←←←

Reaction Score
Brad Stevens.

He’s from New England. Or he’s from somewhere else, but he’s in New England now. Anyway, he’s used to the traffic because you people drive like jackasses.

He knows a lot of the Celtics and other NBA players. He’s connected to the scene, as the young people might or might not say. I don’t know any young people, really.

He’s younger and he doesn’t ride bikes, so we avoid a lot of the trouble we had with Jim Calhoun. He’s familiar with UConn basketball because we tore his heart out in 2011 and he might think if he comes here we might give it back. His offense involves plays and doing things on purpose which is something we could use.

He’s quite wealthy already so he won’t mind working here for $350,000 and a sweet leased Accord. (10,000 miles a year, Brad, anything more and it’s 12 cents a mile. We are not made of gold here.)

Frank Vogel. For the same reason, except I like him better.

Reaction Score
Georgia just fires Mark Fox and ESPN spews on for 5 minutes about what a great coach and person he is and how Georgia is a terrific job. This is 2 minutes after talking about Ollie and UConn. They spent the whole time talking about how UConn is not in their ideal conference, can’t recruit and the school is in the middle of nowhere...gotta love ESPN backing their state university in the state they reside

Reaction Score
Georgia just fires Mark Fox and ESPN spews on for 5 minutes about what a great coach and person he is and how Georgia is a terrific job. This is 2 minutes after talking about Ollie and UConn. They spent the whole time talking about how UConn is not in their ideal conference, can’t recruit and the school is in the middle of nowhere...gotta love ESPN backing their state university in the state they reside
they were not nearly as negative as you're making it out to be. Bilas was pretty nice to us

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

One of the things I’ve never understood is this expectation that because their headquarters is in Bristol, they should be nicer to us than they would otherwise.

They clearly have some sort of bias (cough cough Newhouse cough cough) that I’d like to see pared down, but the whole “they should be nice to us because they’re located in the state” thing really isn’t a good rationale.

Reaction Score
they were not nearly as negative as you're making it out to be. Bilas was pretty nice to us

You must not have watched it then...I never said ESPN should be “nice” to us because they’re in CT. They also shouldn’t openly be lobbying for us to be in a non-football conference after they were part of screwing UConn in conference realignment. The last thing ESPN wants is another strong conference in football and b-ball...keeping UConn down is in their best interest from a media contract standpoint

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Coach Reeves, if Carver doesn't have him under contract.

Reaction Score
How about Jamie Dixon. Getting bounced in the 1st two rounds of the NCAA tournament would be welcomed right about now.
Dixon used to recruit muscular players who looked like they just finished a stretch in the slammer.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Big splash, that's right baby Dickie V. Give him 4 years see what he can do.

Reaction Score
Taylor Rooks. Opposing teams won't be able to play defense. Or offense.
I like it, but I'd rather we put her on the team. I wanna see her athleticism.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
In all seriousness does Ray Allen have any interest in coaching?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Norman Dale, obviously. He'd break those young bucks.
th

Reaction Score
Gene Hackman. The swinging gate becomes a signature piece of our offense.
That was Shooters go to play not coach Dale. So the ghost of Denis Hopper. If the spirit is not willing, some drunk basketball savant.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Ol' George Blaney, with Karl Hobbs and Glen Miller next to him.

But really I've been warming up to Tom Crean.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom