Please put your ludicrous head coach suggestions here ←←← | The Boneyard

Please put your ludicrous head coach suggestions here ←←←

Reaction Score
So far I've seen Karl Hobbs, Rick Pitino, Richard Pitino, 'lil Dicky Pitino, the corpse of Thad Matta, Kevin Freeman, Ricky Moore, JC, JC for a couple years w/Glen Miller as coach in waiting, various high school coaches nobody has ever heard of, Geno a million times, JTIII, JTIV, Becky Hammons, and probably others I'm missing.

Who's next? Dave Bliss doing anything? Gene Hackman retired from acting a while ago, he's available. Maybe Phil Jackson wants a new challenge?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Brad Stevens.

He’s from New England. Or he’s from somewhere else, but he’s in New England now. Anyway, he’s used to the traffic because you people drive like jackasses.

He knows a lot of the Celtics and other NBA players. He’s connected to the scene, as the young people might or might not say. I don’t know any young people, really.

He’s younger and he doesn’t ride bikes, so we avoid a lot of the trouble we had with Jim Calhoun. He’s familiar with UConn basketball because we tore his heart out in 2011 and he might think if he comes here we might give it back. His offense involves plays and doing things on purpose which is something we could use.

He’s quite wealthy already so he won’t mind working here for $350,000 and a sweet leased Accord. (10,000 miles a year, Brad, anything more and it’s 12 cents a mile. We are not made of gold here.)

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
So far I've seen Karl Hobbs, Rick Pitino, Richard Pitino, 'lil Dicky Pitino, the corpse of Thad Matta, Kevin Freeman, Ricky Moore, JC, JC for a couple years w/Glen Miller as coach in waiting, various high school coaches nobody has ever heard of, Geno a million times, JTIII, JTIV, Becky Hammons, and probably others I'm missing.

Who's next? Dave Bliss doing anything? Gene Hackman retired from acting a while ago, he's available. Maybe Phil Jackson wants a new challenge?

It's Becky Hammon...no 's'. She's a better choice than most of those named. She's forgotten more about BB than most of the rest on this list know. She's also a Russian citizen. She can score us some serious Ruuskie talent.

Reaction Score
It's Becky Hammon...no 's'. She's a better choice than most of those named. She's forgotten more about BB than most of the rest on this list know. She's also a Russian citizen. She can score us some serious Ruuskie talent.
Ms. Jamón’s also never been a coach at any level nor had to recruit in the college arena. Now I would trust Pop’s protégé as much as anyone but not here and now.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Could always help Eddie Sutton find his long lost championship.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Christian Laettner with Danny Hurley and
Mike Jarvis as lead recruiter and Alaa Abdelnaby as the big man coach

Reaction Score
He's currently unemployed, has met with our program at least twice in the past eight years, and already has the attire.

jMbZAkH.jpg

Get it done, AD DB.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie, for one injury free season
Caron Butler, because he has the tough part down
Dook Vitale, he loves the game, although talking about Dook during our games might be a distraction
Bill Walton, we'll have a spiritual team and he can probably teach the bigs something when he's not stoned
Whoopi Goldberg (a/k/a Eddie)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Jim Christian. He took a bunch of no rated players and took a program off life support. That and he looks like Gru and can bring minions to his staff. Bring back the youth fan base. Coaching in front of more than 10 people and having to deal with media that cares are the potential areas of concern.

Reaction Score
Brad Stevens.

He’s from New England. Or he’s from somewhere else, but he’s in New England now. Anyway, he’s used to the traffic because you people drive like jackasses.

He knows a lot of the Celtics and other NBA players. He’s connected to the scene, as the young people might or might not say. I don’t know any young people, really.

He’s younger and he doesn’t ride bikes, so we avoid a lot of the trouble we had with Jim Calhoun. He’s familiar with UConn basketball because we tore his heart out in 2011 and he might think if he comes here we might give it back. His offense involves plays and doing things on purpose which is something we could use.

He’s quite wealthy already so he won’t mind working here for $350,000 and a sweet leased Accord. (10,000 miles a year, Brad, anything more and it’s 12 cents a mile. We are not made of gold here.)

Don't forget the club membership! Not a country club, mind you. BJ's or Costco. You pick, Brad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom