Playoff Race | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Playoff Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The SEC has 1 really high quality OOC win, Auburn over Kansas State, and 2 other good OOC wins in LSU over Wisconsin and Georgia over Clemson. The SEC has a losing record against other majors, and its East champ lost to Indiana. This league is overhyped.

Reaction Score
I don't know how anyone can actually watch these games and not see that the SEC passes the eye test. It is far and away the best conference.

I still don't understand how TCU is ahead of Baylor. The pundits are ripping their 2 point win yesterday while seemingly ignoring TCU's games against Kansas and WVU. And oh by the way they actually played each other and Baylor won. Somehow in this alternate universe that doesn't matter.

Reaction Score
if ohio st doesn't win the 10 champ, i would have no problem with both tcu and oregon in the play off

Reaction Score
I don't know how anyone can actually watch these games and not see that the SEC passes the eye test. It is far and away the best conference.

I still don't understand how TCU is ahead of Baylor. The pundits are ripping their 2 point win yesterday while seemingly ignoring TCU's games against Kansas and WVU. And oh by the way they actually played each other and Baylor won. Somehow in this alternate universe that doesn't matter.
TCU lost a close one at Baylor
Baylor lost by 2 touchdowns at West Virginia

Who has the better loss?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If everyone wins out: Bama, Oregon, FSU, OSU - Baylor, TCU next
If Bama loses: Oregon, FSU, OSU, BAY - TCU next
If Ore/FSU lose: Bama, Ore/FSU, OSU, BAY - TCU next
If OSU loses: Bama, Oregon, FSU, BAY - TCU next
If Baylor loses TCU takes their spot in all of the above scenarios.
If two of Bama, FSU, Oregon, OSU lose: Remaining two plus BAY, TCU - Arizona, Missouri.

That should about cover it. The committee will reward OSU for a potential win over Wisc. this week. If they lose, that takes care of everything and the B12 moves up.

Reaction Score
Ohio st is not guaranteed in. They don't need to just win ; their new QB must play well.

Reaction Score
Yeah it told us that the bottom half of the SEC is not quite as good as the top quarter of the ACC.

Actually since all four ACC wins came over teams from the SEC East it just confirms how far down that division is at the moment.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
tOSU lost their QB, which will knock them down.

I think TCU is a little ahead of Baylor because of better loss and win over Minnesota.

Reaction Score
nelsonmuntz said:
tOSU lost their QB, which will knock them down. I think TCU is a little ahead of Baylor because of better loss and win over Minnesota.

Only in a crazy world does a team win with its 3rd QB and get penalized for it.

Reaction Score
Only in a crazy world does a team win with its 3rd QB and get penalized for it.

He played 10 minutes in a win over a terrible michigan team. Big woo.

You want the 4 best teams in the playoff. There are now BIG concerns about how good ohio st will be going forward.

Reaction Score
TCU lost a close one at Baylor
Baylor lost by 2 touchdowns at West Virginia

Who has the better loss?

While we're debating subjective things like who has the better loss and SOS these two teams met on the field and one team finished the game with more points. You want to call it a close flukey win then fine take FSU out of the too 4.

Honestly this is crazy. Why play the games if the head to head results don't matter?

Reaction Score
While we're debating subjective things like who has the better loss and SOS these two teams met on the field and one team finished the game with more points. You want to call it a close flukey win then fine take FSU out of the too 4.

Honestly this is crazy. Why play the games if the head to head results don't matter?
Baylor lost to WV. TCU beat WV.
Why is that any less relevant?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're right using head to head results is just too nuts and revolutionary.

I think if their resumes were closer head to head would give Baylor the edge. They don't have a win even as good as Minnesota OOC. Let's see if they beat K State prior to sweating it. They may both get in.

Reaction Score
If Oregon goes down and Ohio State loses to Michigan State, who leapfrogs Baylor to keep the Big 12 from placing 2 teams while the B1G and PAC stay home?

Reaction Score
I think if their resumes were closer head to head would give Baylor the edge. They don't have a win even as good as Minnesota OOC. Let's see if they beat K State prior to sweating it. They may both get in.

How much closer can their resumes get? They played the same league schedule. They both played SMU and an FCS patsy. What you're really saying is that playing Minnesota as opposed to Buffalo outweighs their head to head matchup. I vehemently disagree. That's straight crazy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How much closer can their resumes get? They played the same league schedule. They both played SMU and an FCS patsy. What you're really saying is that playing Minnesota as opposed to Buffalo outweighs their head to head matchup. I vehemently disagree. That's straight crazy.

Well Baylor hasn't played K State yet.

You are also ignoring the loss against West Virginia that's a pretty big difference in their resume.

Minnesota vs Buffalo.
One beat West Virginia and one didn't.

I don't see why a 3 point win at home trumps the rest of it as clearly as you do.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Why play all the other games if only one game matters?

Reaction Score
vowelguy said:
He played 10 minutes in a win over a terrible michigan team. Big woo. You want the 4 best teams in the playoff. There are now BIG concerns about how good ohio st will be going forward.

Then ignore the records.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If Oregon goes down and Ohio State loses to Michigan State, who leapfrogs Baylor to keep the Big 12 from placing 2 teams while the B1G and PAC stay home?

I think the winner of Oregon/Arizona is going to the playoff. The Pac 12 is too good this year to lock out a 2 loss Arizona team.

Not sure what happens if Missouri wins, but I am confident the officials will take care of that game if Alabama stumbles.

Mississippi State is out of the picture.

Florida State has locked up a bid in my opinion.

TCU will beat out Baylor by a hair.

Reaction Score
Well Baylor hasn't played K State yet.

You are also ignoring the loss against West Virginia that's a pretty big difference in their resume.

Minnesota vs Buffalo.
One beat West Virginia and one didn't.

I don't see why a 3 point win at home trumps the rest of it as clearly as you do.

All of this is assuming that Baylor and TCU win next weekend.

TCU squeaked by WVU on a last second FG. WVU had "game control" for most of the game. We can also bring up TCU's close call against a dreadful Kansas team.

Their resumes are similar enough to warrant going to head to head.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think if Florida State loses they are out if the others hold serve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom