Players return late July except... | The Boneyard

Players return late July except...

Reaction Score
UConn women return in late July but Makurat, Mulh, and Edwards May not be allowed to return to U.S. It’s probably meaningless since it would be insanity to play the season but it does present a major problem. Geno designed his offense at the end of the season around Anna and he needs Edwards under the basket in relief. Those of us who are eager to see Paige and Anna creating an unstoppable offense may have to wait until...next year.

Reaction Score
Geno designed his offense at the end of the season around Anna

That's news to me. Is this something he just said? And I'n no expert but isn't March a little early to be deciding on the next year's offense, especially with 6 of the 10 on his roster not having one second of actual game time?

Reaction Score
I have to think they'll figure things out. I'm not sure they could even have a season if international players couldn't return. Can you imagine what some teams would look like? Not sure USF could field a starting line up.

Reaction Score
I have to think they'll figure things out. I'm not sure they could even have a season if international players couldn't return. Can you imagine what some teams would look like? Not sure USF could field a starting line up.
They couldn't field a ping pong team..

Reaction Score
I wonder what this does to men's soccer?

Reaction Score
I actually like this set up better than them ending the season, then finals, then going home for a few weeks, then coming back for the first summer session, then going home again for a month and a half before returning for fall. This will provide a nice continuity in that the team will be together from late July until April instead of the usual start and stop nature of post-season practice.

Reaction Score

I think USF has 10 or 11 foreign players on the 2020/21 roster.............:eek:

Reaction Score
Dawn will call her buddy Nikki Haley to get Laeticia Amihere back from Canada

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think USF has 10 or 11 foreign players on the 2020/21 roster.............:eek:
Alvarez is from Florida; Harvey is from Tennessee; and Leverett is from Georgia. The others:

Czech Republic
Croatia
Italy
Greece
Netherlands
Spain
Portugal
Belgium
Czech Republic
Puerto Rico (can fly to U.S.)
Portugal
Spain

That's 11, excluding Puerto Rico. So they can play 4 on 5 with no bench. ;)

Reaction Score
To repeat something I posted in another thread yesterday, the American Academy of Pediatrics strongly advocates for schools to open and take precautions (3 feet of social distancing minimum, etc.) to minimize risks. They state there is virtually no risk of serious outcomes, including death, for people under 25 and more risk for suicide ideation and other major problems if kids continue to be isolated at home.

So, let's pray for the politicians making the decisions to listen to these real "medical experts" and not the pundits on TV or those on the internet looking for viewers or clicks.

With respect to the three countries these young ladies would be coming from, consider the following: -Poland is 38th in population (37.8 million) and 39th (34,775) in cases (92 per 100,000) with 1,477 deaths;
-Canada is 39th in population (37.7 million), 19th (104,271) in cases (277 per 100,000) with 8,615 deaths;
-Croatia is 130th in population (4.1 million) and 98th (2,831) in cases (69 per 100,000) with 108 deaths.

Reaction Score
To repeat something I posted in another thread yesterday, the American Academy of Pediatrics strongly advocates for schools to open and take precautions (3 feet of social distancing minimum, etc.) to minimize risks. They state there is virtually no risk of serious outcomes, including death, for people under 25 and more risk for suicide ideation and other major problems if kids continue to be isolated at home.

So, let's pray for the politicians making the decisions to listen to these real "medical experts" and not the pundits on TV or those on the internet looking for viewers or clicks.

With respect to the three countries these young ladies would be coming from, consider the following: -Poland is 38th in population (37.8 million) and 39th (34,775) in cases (92 per 100,000) with 1,477 deaths;
-Canada is 39th in population (37.7 million), 19th (104,271) in cases (277 per 100,000) with 8,615 deaths;
-Croatia is 130th in population (4.1 million) and 98th (2,831) in cases (69 per 100,000) with 108 deaths.
TVs have nothing to do with our players being allowed to enter the country.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
They will be back. I have clients who travel back and forth from NY airports. They are tested and temps taken when they get on and off the plane. No 14 day quarantine either. Im sure Anna and Nika will be here. Tested in Europe by doctors then temp taken when getting on the plane. Temps taken when they arrive and possible Doctors checkup and they will play if they test ok.

Reaction Score
yeah, players from europe, south america, canada, etc. coming to WNBA teams recently.. haven't heard of problems for them.
meeseman from belgium.
zahui from switzerland (i think).
magbegor from australia.
theres 2 players from canada on lynx.
even dantas from brazil made it in yesterday.

Reaction Score

"No risk of serious outcomes" for those under 25? Have to question this statement. My daughter is a pediatric nurse and just had two teenagers die and a 4 week old baby near death but fortunately make it through. There are many medical issues that anyone can have that coupled with Corona Virus are often fatal. Let's not confuse rare with "no risk."

Reaction Score
"No risk of serious outcomes" for those under 25? Have to question this statement. My daughter is a pediatric nurse and just had two teenagers die and a 4 week old baby near death but fortunately make it through. There are many medical issues that anyone can have that coupled with Corona Virus are often fatal. Let's not confuse rare with "no risk."
Besides there are the very real dangers of these youngsters infecting elderly and medically compromised. The current increase in cases is among the younger. In a few weeks we may see it spread to those endangered groups. Besides we keep learning more and more about this virus every week and most of it is’t good. It is why this 75 year-old who desperately misses his kid and grandkid is staying put, waiting for vaccine. When the polio vaccine was released, my mom didn’t wait for mass vaccinations at school, she had me in doctor’s office on day of general release. It was fun watching hundreds of my classmates get the “needle” later.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom