Players return late July except... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Players return late July except...

Reaction Score
"asymptomatic superspreaders" & "anarchist history and thought"

An interesting read from the Boston Globe. I would actually like to take that class on anarchist history.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Maybe some reduced conference only games with the Eastern teams of the Big East playing each other and the Mid US Big East teams playing each other ???

Yes, and eliminate air travel over 2 hours. Mix in some local OOC schools within a 750 mile radius just for this season to fill in the schedule.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A lot of my college memories involve sharing bottles and joints. I read that at about the same time either the Asian and Hong Kong flu was killing people all over the world. I never remember ever giving it a moment of concern. My habits didn't change.
If I were a middle aged instructor I would be very concerned.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn travels by charter.

Right. I would not think this would pose the same problems/challenges faced by teams that fly commercial. I have not read a post here that noted exactly what those concerns are.

Reaction Score
UConn travels by charter.

Louisville also travels by charter. So do many schools. But most fly commercial. I don't know about you folks, but I wouldn't want my (grand)daughter flying commercial on a packed plane this fall/winter unless it was an emergency. And college sports is far from an emergency.

Reaction Score
Let the NCAA settle this right now. All college sports, football, basketball, tiddily winks, whatever, will be played starting March 1, 2021, give or take a couple of weeks. Are you ready for July Madness? Hopefully, we will have a working vaccine by then.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I wonder what this does to men's soccer?
Many sports affected at UConn. Football has Canadians including 2 QB, Men’s hoops has an incoming Canadian, I’m sure the hockey teams have foreign players. Players who stayed in the US will be okay but not sure how many UConn kids did once in person classes were suspended

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Many sports affected at UConn. Football has Canadians including 2 QB, Men’s hoops has an incoming Canadian, I’m sure the hockey teams have foreign players. Players who stayed in the US will be okay but not sure how many UConn kids did once in person classes were suspended

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
According to the notices, during the effective dates of the restrictions:

"... travel through the land ports of entry and ferry terminals along the [... United States-Canada and United States-Mexico borders] ... shall be limited to "essential travel," which includes, but is not limited to-
  • U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents returning to the United States;
  • Individuals traveling for medical purposes (e.g., to receive medical treatment in the United States);
  • Individuals traveling to attend educational institutions; *

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
That seems to mean Edwards will be allowed to travel to UConn.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Probably true about Edwards. Watched an interview a few days ago and GA seemed more concerned about Anna and Nika when he was discussing international players.

Reaction Score
21 year-old Penn State student dies of Covid-19

"UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Penn State has learned through family and friends that Juan Garcia, a 21-year-old College of Earth and Mineral Sciences student from Allentown, died June 30 of respiratory failure and COVID-19. His death is the first known Penn State student death related to the coronavirus.

“We are profoundly saddened to learn about Juan’s untimely death during this pandemic,” said Vice President for Student Affairs Damon Sims. “While I did not know Juan personally, we have learned through conversations with those closest to him that this young man had a remarkable spirit and was greatly loved. I know our entire campus community sends our deepest condolences to his family and friends as they grieve this unthinkable loss. It is a poignant reminder that no one among us is immune to the worst consequences of this virus.”

How does this season happen?.....

Reaction Score
Right. I would not think this would pose the same problems/challenges faced by teams that fly commercial. I have not read a post here that noted exactly what those concerns are.
Does it really make a material difference what type of plane they fly? If an opposition players gets the virus, likely UConn will during the game.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly the problem with either Anna or Nika is the acquisition of a visa since the office that provides the visa is closed.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly the problem with either Anna or Nika is the acquisition of a visa since the office that provides the visa is closed.
Nika

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
It is my understanding from my daughter who works in Poland that student visa's aren't being issued. Now if she was a professional ball player, she will be let in; go figure.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
It is my understanding from my daughter who works in Poland that student visa's aren't being issued. Now if she was a professional ball player, she will be let in; go figure.

Anna already has a student visa. The issue for her is the US ban on travel from certain European countries, including Poland.

Reaction Score
New immigration rules just out today says students on visas have to leave the country or transfer to another school if their school goes to online learning. Doesn't sound good considering many schools have already said they are switching to online learning after Thanksgiving. Hopefully more details are released and this isn't as draconian as it sounds. Somewhere there has to be exceptions that allow our foreign players to come here and be able to stay.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This seems very serious No end to the hurdles being thrown up. Head bangHead bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom