Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 38 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
Seriously. I feel like this is not being talked about enough. I'm happy for the players. These numbers are insane though, like in a 'I can't imagine being that young and going from one year playing ball for only on a scholarship, then a couple years later making truly life altering money' type of way . It almost feels fiscally irresponsible not to explore schools based on nil options. And it's all so secretive, which is how it should be I guess, since they are young kids at a college campus. I heard the 150k number for Liz Kitley and I thought it was cap. In retrospect it sounds like she woulda been kinda underpaid.
I highly doubt it (700k), at that price only a few schools could compete. NIL and the portal are heading for the iceberg! Ha ! Does anyone claim to know what is going on, care about where this is leading? Coaches are going to lose their hair and their minds. OSU, Michigan, etc. decent seasons and yet people still leave! No wonder Tara quit… no Pac 12, the NIL auction, portal is the new lesson in No Loyalty, no hard work , ghosting your dates or teams… all this gets them ready to be rotten adults. Good luck everyone!

Reaction Score
If Texas were to land Beers, their lineup will be insane:
C-Raegan Beers
F-Aaliyah Moore
F-Madison Booker
G-Shay Holle
G-Rori Harmon

Bench:
Deyona Gaston
Taylor Jones
Amina Muhammad
Justice Carlson
Jordan Lee
Shay Holle has been there longer than most of the bricks. But yes that could be an impressive group.

Reaction Score

I kind of like Gaston from what I've seen from her..........she seemed pretty tough/physical and moved well on the court.......8.4/4.2 in 18 minutes a game is solid production............no idea about whether UConn or Gaston would work but both could do a lot worse.....

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

She played really well at the end of the '22-'23 season when von Oelhoffen shut down her season. Never got consistent minutes in '23-'24.

Reaction Score
All these players moving from team to team will quickly devalue what has made the women's game more attractive than the men's. Ironic that the increased attention leads to more money, which leads to players leaving better teams for worse teams with deeper pockets, which, eventually, will likely dampen the enthusiasm and interest. If the sport just becomes a bunch of mercenaries jumping ship every offseason, people can see that with the men.

Reaction Score
She played really well at the end of the '22-'23 season when von Oelhoffen shut down her season. Never got consistent minutes in '23-'24.
My daughter's favorite player--this one hurts too. Adlee is a hooper and can shoot the lights out. Just didn't get the minutes at OSU because her 1v1 defense wasn't as strong as others. Adlee will make waves wherever she lands. Raegan Beers and Adlee are good buddies and also Lily Hansford. Not a good sign (for OSU). More pain is coming for OSU fans.

Reaction Score
Well now ....

There are only a few groups of players who could "break the internet" with a move:

-Underclassmen who are 1st team All-Americans
-Players at Top 5/10 schools returning from long-term injury
-Current Final Four participants who are/were expected to be stars for their respective teams in 2024-25
-Big-time players who were big-time portal pick-ups just last year

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
All these players moving from team to team will quickly devalue what has made the women's game more attractive than the men's. Ironic that the increased attention leads to more money, which leads to players leaving better teams for worse teams with deeper pockets, which, eventually, will likely dampen the enthusiasm and interest. If the sport just becomes a bunch of mercenaries jumping ship every offseason, people can see that with the men.
I've all but lost interest in men's hoops, and that was even before the current transfer portal madness. Just everybody in a hurry to get to the NBA as quickly as possible, seemed like the players for the most part didn't want to be in college and really didn't care that much about the name on their jersey (the front, not the back...). Women's hoops was my refuge. And now it's all but lost too. Dang.

Reaction Score
There are only a few groups of players who could "break the internet" with a move:

-Current Final Four participants who are/were expected to be stars for their respective teams in 2024-25
FWIW … A South Carolina insider has said it is not SC related.

Reaction Score

Y'all are assuming it's a player. Maybe it's a coach.......

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
FWIW … A South Carolina insider said it is not SC related.
Yeah, because people believe everything they see on the internet.
In other words, if I was a school "insider", and I knew something big was about to happen, I would say it is not school related too.

Reaction Score
I was thinking. What if Scott Rueck is Stanford's next coach? Or who do we think can be their next coach? Because that is going to have huge transfer portal implications

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I was thinking. What if Scott Rueck is Stanford's next coach? Or who do we think can be their next coach? Because that is going to have huge transfer portal implications
Hasn't the new coach already been reported, one of Tara's assistants?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom