Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 30 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
if we want to compete with SC (plus ND, Texas, et al.), we need more talent plus good health
So who do we get to solve this problem? Beers? I don’t think there’s a lot of front court options out there. I just hope we get Emely Rodriguez. Geno scouted her, made a judgment and offered her a spot. He is bound to have seen more than I could.

Reaction Score
Question for the forum:
If Ines idoes not receive an offer from another team, can she return to UCONN?
Does UCONN have to accept her back?
I just wonder if a player could lose her scholarship by testing the portal without success.

Reaction Score
Question for the forum:
I just wonder if a player could lose her scholarship by testing the portal without success.
The school is under no obligation to accept the player back. It can happen if both parties agree, but a lot of players wind up out in the cold.

Reaction Score
Question for the forum:
The short answer is no, the original team does not have to accept any transfer candidate back. But they might.

As for Inês and Amari, I’m confident they’ll find places to land in D1, even if it’s at mid-majors.

Reaction Score
Good player.

Man. Considering the situation at LSU, I do and don't get it at the same time. Wonder if Del Rosario stays even though her HS team mate is leaving?

Reaction Score
Man. Considering the situation at LSU, I do and don't get it at the same time. Wonder if Del Rosario stays even though her HS team mate is leaving?

Velez didn't sniff the rotation (not surprising given Mulkey's history). Del Rosario got minutes (and looked decent in them), and is in line for more w/ Reese's departure

Reaction Score
Wow the Big East is getting weaker by the minute! Not good. And some teams are going to get quite a collection of high quality players. It’s going to be really tough to pull off a championship without acquiring some of these seasoned veterans.

Reaction Score
Deja Kelly leaving is a shocker. Wonder how much the loss to South Carolina played in her decision to leave. I can see her in the Big Ten next year USC or UCLA.

Reaction Score
I chose the reaction wow because it's another Villanova transfer, but I can't lie that I'm dying at the images used for reference. I'm old, immature and don't care because I live for content like this to break up my work day.:p
I didn't get the picture on the left. I saw the Olsen twins but got stuck on their first names or was trying to think of twins.

Olsen in the portal is kind of a big deal. She was a legit second option on the Villanova team that went to the sweet 16 and she put up numbers this year as their primary option. She did really struggle against UConn this year but still. She'd be a real good get for the right team.

Im big on the portal but on the flip side and I know this is a coaches biggest fear, it has to be rough to give the keys to a player and build around them and then they leave. The opportunity u gave them really could've gone to someone else.

WBBTakeover

Lindsey Harding for Fever head coach
Reaction Score
Deja Kelly leaving is a shocker. Wonder how much the loss to South Carolina played in her decision to leave. I can see her in the Big Ten next year USC or UCLA.
I don't see it as a shocker. Deja wants to play in the WNBA, and her performance this season at UNC put her behind the curve. She is an inefficient shooter and does not run a team well. WNBA teams don't want that at her size (only about 5'8). Like Hailey Van Lith, she needs to work on becoming more efficient as a shooter.

She'd do well in the B1G, but she should only consider teams that will help her develop into a more efficient scorer. USC and UCLA won't help her (re UCLA, look at Osborne's and Jones' shooting percentages), as the guards at those schools either did not shoot well or she isn't going to supplant them (see Kiki Rice). She should consider Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, or Penn State if she's looking for a program that will help her raise her shooting percentages. Those are not the glamorous B1G teams, but they are the teams that shoot the ball the best. If her goal is to have a WNBA career, she'll need to be able to shoot it with high efficiency in college.

If she's feeling adventurous, she could explore Gonzaga.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I don't see it as a shocker. Deja wants to play in the WNBA, and her performance this season at UNC put her behind the curve. She is an inefficient shooter and does not run a team well. WNBA teams don't want that at her size (only about 5'8). Like Hailey Van Lith, she needs to work on becoming more efficient as a shooter.

She'd do well in the B1G, but she should only consider teams that will help her develop into a more efficient scorer. USC and UCLA won't help her (re UCLA, look at Osborne's and Jones' shooting percentages), as the guards at those schools either did not shoot well or she isn't going to supplant them (see Kiki Rice). She should consider Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, or Penn State if she's looking for a program that will help her raise her shooting percentages. Those are not the glamorous B1G teams, but they are the teams that shoot the ball the best. If her goal is to have a WNBA career, she'll need to be able to shoot it with high efficiency in college.

If she's feeling adventurous, she could explore Gonzaga.

To go from going to school in Chapel Hill to Spokane would be one of the most culture shock transfers I've witnessed

WBBTakeover

Lindsey Harding for Fever head coach
Reaction Score
To go from going to school in Chapel Hill to Spokane would be one of the most culture shock transfers I've witnessed
I could see a men's player doing it, but it would be a tough sell for a woman.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom