Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
The portal closes May 1. You may be thinking of the beginning of NLI signing, which starts April 18
Thanks. Knew I had the wrong date in mind. Will be interesting to see the final number of portal entrants once it's closed.

Reaction Score
I get what you mean, but she doesn't fit Iowa State's style of play from what I've watched. Her outside shooting is decent, but she's more of a slasher.

The last two seasons she's been the primary ball handler. With who ISU has now and their incoming freshman class, it seems crammed.

Currently down to 8 players including the incoming HS gals. Backup center to Crooks just left so Cyclone have no center or big forward to go with Crooks after Bristow also took the portal walk.

Reaction Score
I have no idea if this means ANYTHING, but Barker has a deal with Adidas, and LSU is a Nike school. Maybe she switches companies, but MS State is another SEC Adidas school. SC is Under Armour.

Reaction Score
So w/ Hailey Van Lith and Velez leaving, we know (based on Mulkey's history) LSU is going to grab one of the blue-chip guards from the portal. Which one tho?

• Phelia
  • Gray
  • TVO
  • Deja Kelly
  • KK Bransford
Ooh ooh ooh, let it be Kelly. Please please please.

Reaction Score
I’m also seeing more “rumblings” about Kiki from Stanford on twitter. If true that would be a massive get for anyone

Reaction Score
I have no idea if this means ANYTHING, but Barker has a deal with Adidas, and LSU is a Nike school. Maybe she switches companies, but MS State is another SEC Adidas school. SC is Under Armour.
Hailey Van Lith is also an adidas player and still went to LSU. Shouldn’t be a problem.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
What a gut punch to A&M and Joni Taylor to have Janiah Barker transfer out. And, that's in spite of having just signed an NIL deal with adidas (A&M is an adidas school) like three weeks ago.

Reaction Score
Duke could also be a good landing spot from an academic perspective. My guess is Notre Dame if she enters the portal though. ND needs help in the post and with the guards they have, Kiki will flourish in their lineup and help turn them into a title contender.
I wonder how she’d feel playing against Stanford in the ACC? That surely would be very uncomfortable.

Reaction Score
I doubt Barker comes to South Carolina because I doubt she would be a starter. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if she does. There were rumors in the last off-season that she was coming to South Carolina and she is good friends with many in the program.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith is also an adidas player and still went to LSU. Shouldn’t be a problem.

I'm guessing adidas won't be thrilled if she ends up at a Nike school like Hailey Van Lith did at LSU. And, Hailey Van Lith's deal was in place way before she left Louisville. Barker's season ended like 2 weeks ago and signed the deal like 3 weeks ago.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So w/ Hailey Van Lith and Velez leaving, we know (based on Mulkey's history) LSU is going to grab one of the blue-chip guards from the portal. Which one tho?
  • Phelia
  • Gray
  • TVO
  • Deja Kelly
  • KK Bransford

LSU has Flaujae Johnson and Mickayla Williams at the SG/W positions. They need a point guard, IMO.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I'm guessing adidas won't be thrilled if she ends up at a Nike school like Hailey Van Lith did at LSU. And, Hailey Van Lith's deal was in place way before she left Louisville. Barker's season ended like 2 weeks ago and signed the deal like 3 weeks ago.
Similar to Azzi, who has a relationship with Steph Curry & Under Armor, and Aaliyah with adidas, it shouldn't be an issue.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
There's rumblings that Kiki Iriafen may be grad transferring somewhere. If true, she's likely the biggest catch in the Portal market.
Kiki would look good in bright Red and White.

Reaction Score
I noticed Talia von Oelhoffen is following a bunch of UCLA players as well

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Similar to Azzi, who has a relationship with Steph Curry & Under Armor, and Aaliyah with adidas, it shouldn't be an issue.

I'm not saying it's an issue. With Barker, the timing of her transfer barely a couple of weeks after she signs her deal with adidas is kind of funny (if she ends up transferring a non-adidas school). As for the other players you mentioned, I believe their deals were signed after they were already suited up for a Nike school; same when Flaujae signed a deal with Puma, I believe. Nike must be laughing knowing these adidas signees still have to wear their college uniforms withe the Nike logo and Nike shoes 35-40 times a season with most on television, and they don't have to pay them NIL.

Reaction Score
Curious about the report of $700,000 pay-to-play payments to WBB players. Was under the impression that the WBB amounts were much lower. Is there a validated or semi-validated example of a WBB player receiving $500k+ in NIL/pay-to-play?
In other sports, I've heard it said that coaches losing players or against NIL often greatly exaggerate the dollar amounts. Would imagine that's true for wbb too. I cannot imagine 700k in fake NIL. Maybe they are talking about legitimate endorsement deals. Besides Clark, I've seen several other players in national or regional commercials. Nothing from Stanford until Brink's appearance in the new Addidas ad.

Reaction Score
Whoa, I missed that one. That's big. Too bad for Michigan. Sets them back. Might be fairly dependent on their incoming Fr. now.
That is a bummer for Go Blue! It truly is a free agency carousel!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom