Pitt Blog Asking for Louisville or *gulp* Cincinnati over UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Pitt Blog Asking for Louisville or *gulp* Cincinnati over UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The APR thing looks bad. We all know it was a bogus banning but we cared enough to look into it. Most people who will evaluate the prgram will not care enough. All they see is that we are banned from the NCAA and subsequently banned from the BET. Another negative was JC stepping down. He built the program and willed it to success. It's natural for outsiders to just assume that when he walks away it will slide back into mediocrity. Football looks comatose right now. PP was the wrong hire. Maybe we should tell Geno to stop kicking everyone's ass. That ain't helping any either...

You don't think all these presidents and administrators in the ACC know exactly what the APR is? They known how it works--UNC especially. But--also recognize this--Louisville football is currently on APR sanctions as well and has lost scholarships.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
You don't think all these presidents and administrators in the ACC know exactly what the APR is? They known how it works--UNC especially. But--also recognize this--Louisville football is currently on APR sanctions as well and has lost scholarships.
Isn't Louisville's main football recruiter about to help bring down a world of hurt on the U based on his fine work there? UL is a house of cards and Kentucky's bastard son.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe everyone should stop talking about how great UConn is and realize this isn't a simple move.

why?

CL82

Reaction Score
I'd love to know what UConn could've done to prevent Josh Nochimson from meeting Nate Miles.

Is UConn supposed to baby sit all the former managers? Hold weekly progress reports on what they're doing in life?

Um maybe not have Moore introduce them?

CL82

Reaction Score
Enforcement Officer: "Josh, these contacts could get us in trouble. Would you mind backing off?

Nochimson: "I'm not backing off, there is money to be made here and you have no control over me.

Enforcement Officer: "o.k., I tried.

Yes, that would have solved the problem alright.

Interesting enough that's pretty close to what did happen except the university banned him from the program. Later, Moore introduces Nochos to Miles. Inexcusable but the act of an individual not an institution.

CL82

Reaction Score
While he was in uniform? Kentucky is so badass.
What? no camera in your phone?

Reaction Score
ACC is not trying to figure who to add. They are trying to figure out how many. How many at going to leave the ACC, how many to add.

I think that the focus on this as a contest between Louisville and UConn is starting to be the wrong one.

The ACC is no going to piecemeal an announcement. They will announce departures and additions in an orderly fashion.

Everyone needs to relax. We are in good shape.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

So why is it UConn that gets all the play? UConn's ban from the BB postseason gets more play than the systemic academic fraud perpetrated at UNC. Why is that? I'm not pushing an agenda, I genuinely want to know why UConn keeps getting marginalized.

We're in the #30 market, a market that doesn't even include Fairfield County. We've had more success in the first 10 years of FB than most of our realignment rivals have had in the last 20 years. We've built a men's and women's hoops program. We've had soccer and now baseball. We build successful programs, we have commitment and a rabid fan base. We have the markets. Look at the teams that are considered more attractive: BC, Rutgers, Cuse, Pitt. I don't see a common trait amongst those schools that trumps what UConn has to offer. Two have bigger markets but those two draw flies. Cuse has a market, football yet somehow has a "brand". Pitt was only picked because one of the other joker schools had an axe to grind.

There is something that defies rationality that is precluding UConn from getting a fair shake amongst it's peers. Media and fans I can understand. Decision makers is a whole other story.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Suggesting Ped State will leave the BiG and take a massive paycut is his opening paragraph?

Foolish ACC homer crap.

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Reaction Score
Then why does UConn get it so much harder than everyone else? Did you ever stop to ask why? Do you think it's all just a coincidence?

Are you all really that naive?

They should have tossed Williams and Price. Period. You don't toss them, you get the stigma of Father Flanigan, and you have no defense against it. You create an aura around your program that feeds off itself. This crap adds up.

Have you at all considered that most on this board are just a little more sensitive to the critical comments of Uconn and that's why it may 'appear' that Uconn is in the cross-hairs more than everyone else...

I'm guessing there is someone over at Austin Peay or Ball State that thinks they're school is always getting the sandwich as well.

Calhoun's personality was not the easiest to like, even for Uconn fans. His success on the court made it more than tolerable. He became the face of Uconn. Any chance people could get to tear him down, they did. But you really think laptops is a topic that is going to keep Uconn out of the ACC? Laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom