Pitt Blog Asking for Louisville or *gulp* Cincinnati over UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pitt Blog Asking for Louisville or *gulp* Cincinnati over UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I wouldn't concern myself with PantherLair. They whined about the sky falling when the annual PSU game went away. They whined about the sky falling when WVU bolted for the B12, eliminating the 'backyard brawl'. Old-timey Pitt fans want football to be relevant. Everybody else (the majority) are more realistic and just want Pitt to make the Final Four for once (and they have a great team with Robinson and the NZ giant).

Living here, what I'm hearing from media and sports forums is overwhelming support for UConn to get in, but ideally ND as a full member first. Or skipping the whole thing and praying for a B1G invite. And nobody gives a dump about Maryland or Rutgers.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I meant the posters on here, not the people in the media (hence the problem).

There's a MASSIVE cognitive dissonance ongoing. You can stand on the mountain screaming at the world that they're all bastards, or you can look inward and try and figure out how to fix it.

I am pretty sure you can't have a cognitive dissonance between what you think and what other people think, but nice try at using big phrases.

Reaction Score
Then why does UConn get it so much harder than everyone else? Did you ever stop to ask why? Do you think it's all just a coincidence?

Are you all really that naive?

They should have tossed Williams and Price. Period. You don't toss them, you get the stigma of Father Flanigan, and you have no defense against it. You create an aura around your program that feeds off itself. This crap adds up.

Get what so much harder? What are you talking about anyway? The fact is, UConn faculty came out and said that Price was punished harder than the other 52 students on campus who were caught stealing laptops. Average punishment: 1 semester. Laptop stealing is an epidemic on every college campus, and perhaps it should be punished harder, but at UConn, they did punish Price harder than regular students, and elsewhere across the country where that's happened (at big programs) the punishment was teeny, so what's your problem?

Reaction Score
It's called monitoring. It's done at every university. This is a basic tenant of enforcement.

Solution: fund the enforcement office as an obligation, not a meaningless inconvenience.

Coach K. should be fired, because he is an awful monitor, from Myron Piggie paying his players, to someone at the university giving a job to a recruit's mom, to Lance Thomas getting oodles of money from a runner, to Duke Alum Jay Williams handing $25k in bills in a paper bag to Duke recruit Kevin Love.

What do you have to say about that?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They didn't even try. They didn't staff the office.

Everyone was busy saying the NCAA was out to get UConn, while UConn didnt even properly staff the enforcement office.

Will you STFU with this holier than thou and you are the only moral one nonsense? Kentucky gives kids envelopes full of cash and EVERYONE knows it. Cam Newton went out to bid, this was disclosed, and there were no consequences. UConn sent too many text messages.

Reaction Score
My favorite post is ZLS "LIKING" the post by the BC troll.

Reaction Score
I meant the posters on here, not the people in the media (hence the problem).

There's a MASSIVE cognitive dissonance ongoing. You can stand on the mountain screaming at the world that they're all bastards, or you can look inward and try and figure out how to fix it.

Nothing to fix. This is college sports. EVERYWHERE. perhaps you should look into another pasttime and stop bothering us.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Will you STFU with this holier than thou and you are the only moral one nonsense? Kentucky gives kids envelopes full of cash and EVERYONE knows it. Cam Newton went out to bid, this was disclosed, and there were no consequences. UConn sent too many text messages.

I physically saw World Wide Wes hand Kidd-Gilchrist's mother money then watched her walk over to MKG and hand it to him last year at Mohegan at the Hall of Fame Tip Off. They didn't even try to hide it.

Reaction Score
Enforcement Officer: "Josh, these contacts could get us in trouble. Would you mind backing off?

Nochimson: "I'm not backing off, there is money to be made here and you have no control over me.

Enforcement Officer: "o.k., I tried.

Yes, that would have solved the problem alright.

Indeed, the Hartford Courant published a letter written by Calhoun 2 years prior to Miles coming to campus which told Nochimson that he must cut off communications with Miles and that UConn was aware of what he was doing. To top things off, this letter was sent to the NCAA by the compliance office!! I wonder how Wetzel got wind of all this...

Reaction Score
Guys, relax. The Big East schools that are bashing us want us to fail. They fear us. U think Pitt wants us around, seriously? We have eaten all of their lunches, of course they want us to go away. This crap won't matter in a market analysis.

That's it - we are a threat in many ways. They will be passed by eventually.

Reaction Score
I think we all know that Hathaway was beyond incompetent. He should've been much better at staffing the compliance department. But even if they were better staffed there isn't much more they could've done in some cases.

Reaction Score
People, you can criticize Ollie all you want, knock him, say what you will, but it should be highly evident today, that the 3 biggest Ollie critics on the Boneyard (two of whom don't even show up to say anything after big wins, including the one against Michigan State), these three all despise Calhoun for the way he ran the program. They are highly critical of the sorts of things ZLS is critical of in this screed against Calhoun.

The worst part about this is that they are taking it out on Kevin Ollie. BECAUSE -- not DESPITE the fact -- he is Calhoun's pick.

I may be wrong, but is it a mere coincidence that the three who don't like the way Calhoun ran things are also the 3 most anti-Ollie posters on the board? Coincidence?

Reaction Score
People, you can criticize Ollie all you want, knock him, say what you will, but it should be highly evident today, that the 3 biggest Ollie critics on the Boneyard (two of whom don't even show up to say anything after big wins, including the one against Michigan State), these three all despise Calhoun for the way he ran the program. They are highly critical of the sorts of things ZLS is critical of in this screed against Calhoun.

The worst part about this is that they are taking it out on Kevin Ollie. BECAUSE -- not DESPITE the fact -- he is Calhoun's pick.

I may be wrong, but is it a mere coincidence that the three who don't like the way Calhoun ran things are also the 3 most anti-Ollie posters on the board? Coincidence?

Who else are you talking about? I know freescooter is one, but I don't know the others.

Reaction Score
Who else are you talking about? I know freescooter is one, but I don't know the others.

Well, ZLS is another. But whatever, I noticed this a long while back and didn't want to call people out, but here we are in this thread, with over-the-top claims lacking total context.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I physically saw World Wide Wes hand Kidd-Gilchrist's mother money then watched her walk over to MKG and hand it to him last year at Mohegan at the Hall of Fame Tip Off. They didn't even try to hide it.
While he was in uniform? Kentucky is so badass.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
While he was in uniform? Kentucky is so badass.

It was after the game between the end of his game and before the USF/Penn St game. He was in his warmups standing at the entry of the tunnel going toward the locker rooms. His mom and Wes made the transaction right next to our section of seats and she immediately walked it right over to Michael.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
The APR thing looks bad. We all know it was a bogus banning but we cared enough to look into it. Most people who will evaluate the prgram will not care enough. All they see is that we are banned from the NCAA and subsequently banned from the BET. Another negative was JC stepping down. He built the program and willed it to success. It's natural for outsiders to just assume that when he walks away it will slide back into mediocrity. Football looks comatose right now. PP was the wrong hire. Maybe we should tell Geno to stop kicking everyone's ass. That ain't helping any either...

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I can't believe a blog by some numb nut, nobody on sb nation generates this many responses. Im going to post a blog there claiming uconn to acc andvsee how long it takes to go viral on fan sites all across the country

Reaction Score
I can't believe a blog by some numb nut, nobody on sb nation generates this many responses. Im going to post a blog there claiming uconn to acc andvsee how long it takes to go viral on fan sites all across the country

Double dog dare you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer