Pitt Blog Asking for Louisville or *gulp* Cincinnati over UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pitt Blog Asking for Louisville or *gulp* Cincinnati over UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe everyone should stop talking about how great UConn is and realize this isn't a simple move.

Yah Yah, everyone is talking about how great UConn is, that's what's going on. You see it everywhere. It's an epidemic!!

Reaction Score
Because our major program is not easy to love. 90% of the stories about it over the last 10 years have been negative, negative, negative- based on negative events.

The other 10% every other school would kill to get. But that 90% is still 90%.

Don't give them ammo.

Don't stick up for laptop thieves using technicalities. Don't throw academics in the trash bin. Don't leak drug tests to the press. Don't have former managers running the program into the mud. Don't function as openly hostile to the media at every single turn. Don't make spiteful statements towards the ACC for ten years. Don't totally ignore marketing. Don't totally tick off the season-ticket base that built two national powerhouse programs.

These were preventable things. All of them.

90% of the stuff you write is garbage. We all wish we could prevent it.

Reaction Score
Because our major program is not easy to love. 90% of the stories about it over the last 10 years have been negative, negative, negative- based on negative events.

Don't give them ammo.

Don't stick up for laptop thieves using technicalities. Don't throw academics in the trash bin. Don't leak drug tests to the press. Don't have former managers running the program into the mud. Don't function as openly hostile to the media at every single turn. Don't make spiteful statements towards the ACC for ten years. Don't totally ignore marketing. Don't totally tick off the season-ticket base that built two national powerhouse programs.

I'd love to know what UConn could've done to prevent Josh Nochimson from meeting Nate Miles.

Is UConn supposed to baby sit all the former managers? Hold weekly progress reports on what they're doing in life?

Reaction Score

Don't give them ammo.

Laptop thieves. Because no one misbehaves at other schools. Academics in the trash bin. Because no one cheats on academics and reports bogus APR scores when APR is bogus in the first place. Former managers run us into the muck. But the most pristine program in the universe, Duke, doesn't have any runners or agents associated.

I would say come back from bizarro world, but it's too late. You're a goner.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Don't give them ammo.

You have made my list of people not to get in a bunker with. It is a list of 1.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I seem to remember Cam Newton stealing a laptop but shhhhhhhh it's Florida!

Reaction Score
I seem to remember Cam Newton stealing a laptop but shhhhhhhh it's Florida!

I also loved how UConn got killed when Calhoun suspended one of his three ball handlers for an entire season, and his starting point guard for one semester, and then UCLA's starter does the same exact thing and sits out for ONE GAME. And nobody bats an eyelash.

Reaction Score
Let me remind you that this school has almost single-handedly carried this basketball conference for the past 20 years- a time period in which the Big East was widely considered the best bball conference in the country...

This school has done as much as anyone to build this conference and be the heart and soul and backbone of the league. We have been the cash cow. We have been our league's breadwinner. As the wheels of realignment roll, no one gives a **** about any of it.

I'm sick of the disrespect.

Oh, you mean like two years ago when the conference (yeah, I'm talking to you Louisville, Cuse and Pitt) dropped a massive s*** on the conference brand to the delight of Charles Barkley and the entire ACC fandom while we won the national championship for the 3rd time in 12 years?

You mean like that?

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I also loved how UConn got killed when Calhoun suspended one of his three ball handlers for an entire season, and his starting point guard for one semester, and then UCLA's starter does the same exact thing and sits out for ONE GAME. And nobody bats an eyelash.

Calhoun was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. If he did, he gets the reaction he got- and his players he recruits are bad characters, he cheats and is dirty.

If he doesn't, he promotes cheating, is dirty and has no control over his bad characters.

Ben Howland? Great coach!!

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Oh, you mean like two years ago when the conference (yeah, I'm talking to you Louisville, Cuse and Pitt) dropped a massive s*** on the conference brand to the delight of Charles Barkley and the entire ACC fandom while we won the national championship for the 3rd time in 12 years?

You mean like that?

That might be an example of what I'm referring to.

Reaction Score

I liked your post, simply because you snuck the phrase "ball handlers" past the auto censor.

Reaction Score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ig-12-expansion-the-perfect-storm-against-acc

I'm confident we go somewhere, the reason for the silence may be more than we think. According to the link above SEC could be looking to add Florida State and Georgia Tech, or Clemson, which pairs them up with in state rivals Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. Plus, I don't think the Big 12 sits around, they may pick up Louisville and Cincinnati who knows. There's more going on with these conferences behind closed doors. BUT, if we do get left behind these conferences will make a foolish decision not choosing a great University like Uconn.

Reaction Score
It's not about athletic success it's about academic success - not football players, but overall.

Average SAT Scores mind you.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'd love to know what UConn could've done to prevent Josh Nochimson from meeting Nate Miles.

Is UConn supposed to baby sit all the former managers? Hold weekly progress reports on what they're doing in life?

It's called monitoring. It's done at every university. This is a basic tenant of enforcement.

Solution: fund the enforcement office as an obligation, not a meaningless inconvenience.

zls44

Reaction Score
Laptop thieves. Because no one misbehaves at other schools. Academics in the trash bin. Because no one cheats on academics and reports bogus APR scores when APR is bogus in the first place. Former managers run us into the muck. But the most pristine program in the universe, Duke, doesn't have any runners or agents associated.

I would say come back from bizarro world, but it's too late. You're a goner.

Then why does UConn get it so much harder than everyone else? Did you ever stop to ask why? Do you think it's all just a coincidence?

Are you all really that naive?

They should have tossed Williams and Price. Period. You don't toss them, you get the stigma of Father Flanigan, and you have no defense against it. You create an aura around your program that feeds off itself. This crap adds up.

zls44

Reaction Score
Yah Yah, everyone is talking about how great UConn is, that's what's going on. You see it everywhere. It's an epidemic!!

I meant the posters on here, not the people in the media (hence the problem).

There's a MASSIVE cognitive dissonance ongoing. You can stand on the mountain screaming at the world that they're all bastards, or you can look inward and try and figure out how to fix it.

Reaction Score
Enforcement Officer: "Josh, these contacts could get us in trouble. Would you mind backing off?

Nochimson: "I'm not backing off, there is money to be made here and you have no control over me.

Enforcement Officer: "o.k., I tried.

Yes, that would have solved the problem alright.

zls44

Reaction Score
Would you mind terribly pointing me to the 10%?

I'm the truth you are afraid to face. The university has made a million preventable mistakes in the last five years across several programs. Death by a thousand cuts.

zls44

Reaction Score
Enforcement Officer: "Josh, these contacts could get us in trouble. Would you mind backing off?

Nochimson: "I'm not backing off, there is money to be made here and you have no control over me.

Enforcement Officer: "o.k., I tried.

Yes, that would have solved the problem alright.

They didn't even try. They didn't staff the office.

Everyone was busy saying the NCAA was out to get UConn, while UConn didnt even properly staff the enforcement office.

Reaction Score
I'm the truth you are afraid to face. The university has made a million preventable mistakes in the last five years across several programs. Death by a thousand cuts.

Yes, it has. And we've just changed administrations and ADs. And others have made the same preventable mistakes, and worse, and are not in our position.

The only thing we did wrong that is weakening our current position is we came to the big time football party too late and it will take forever for outsiders to take our football seriosly. Not a lack of marketing. Not a bad previous AD. Not that our fans aren't in their seats by kickoff.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Oh cut the .

People hate UConn because Calhoun was abrasive as all hell and we kicked ass in basketball for 25 years while not being a member of the old boys club.

Every single school has issues with compliance and we could have handled some of ours better, but to act like we're the only school with transgression is BS.

Reaction Score
It's called monitoring. It's done at every university. This is a basic tenant of enforcement.

Solution: fund the enforcement office as an obligation, not a meaningless inconvenience.

There are at least three different managers on every single team, every year. Are they supposed to put all of them under surveillance? What exactly is "done at every university"?

Is it like UNC's tremendous "monitoring" of its athletic department?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom