Pitt Blog Asking for Louisville or *gulp* Cincinnati over UConn | The Boneyard

Pitt Blog Asking for Louisville or *gulp* Cincinnati over UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That is REALLY REALLY funny considering that if not for bcu keeping Uconn out of the ACC the last go around, it would be PITT sitting where Uconn is right now.

Reaction Score
3 national basketball championships, a BCS appearance, a couple big bowl wins, great Olympic sports, women's bball....why does UConn get 0 respect? I think it's all the different symbols and different colors in our jerseys, red or no red...make a choice. But really, what is the deal?

Reaction Score
If I were the ACC I'd be choosing between Cincy and Connecticut. Been saying that the whole time. Screw Louisville.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I can not figure it out. Best academics, best market, most athletic success of any of the serious candidates.

Are we gingers or something?

Reaction Score
3 national basketball championships, a BCS appearance, a couple big bowl wins, great Olympic sports, women's bball....why does UConn get 0 respect? I think it's all the different symbols and different colors in our jerseys, red or no red...make a choice. But really, what is the deal?

The have nots always trash the haves.

Reaction Score
Look at Pitt's football record against UConn.

It ain't pretty.

Then Pitt has to consider the fact they CHOKE at basketball too.

Pitt has a huge inferiority complex looking at UConn.

Check the USNWR rankings as well. Pitt is 1 spot (albeit tied) ahead of UConn, and UConn is charging ahead.

A lot of the reaction from the Cuse and Pitt fans is purely related to jealousy of UConn. That's all.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Maybe everyone should stop talking about how great UConn is and realize this isn't a simple move.

Reaction Score
Maybe everyone should stop talking about how great UConn is and realize this isn't a simple move.
If we don't talk about UConn's accomplishments, who will? Certainly not the public outside the borders of our state it seems.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Is this what Mitt Romney felt like in the Primaries?

MattMang23

Reaction Score
It's obviously decided. We are not a great university. Sorry everyone.

Reaction Score
If you covered up the names of the schools and just listed the "stats" of like Uconn, L'ville, Cincy, etc. - athletic success, academics, market, etc. I think it would not even be a question. But for some reason you attach the name and maybe because Uconn is so new to football at this level that folks can't handle it and go for a name they are more familar with.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

It's not an overly complicated move either - let's not confuse this with quantum physics.

The ACC will be choosing either UConn or Louisville and ultimately neither program is going to 'save' the conference.

The football programs are similar - Louisville is better this season.
UConn the past 20 years has success only matched by Duke and UNC - Louisville is better this season.

UConn will ALWAYS have a better market.
UConn will ALWAYS have a better academic reputation.

I'm a UConn fan and while I'm bracing for the worst, I really like what we have to offer.

I don't understand why 99% of the national media and message boards give us absolutely no respect.

Reaction Score
Guys, relax. The Big East schools that are bashing us want us to fail. They fear us. U think Pitt wants us around, seriously? We have eaten all of their lunches, of course they want us to go away. This crap won't matter in a market analysis.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I don't understand why 99% of the national media and message boards give us absolutely no respect.

Because our major program is not easy to love. 90% of the stories about it over the last 10 years have been negative, negative, negative- based on negative events.

The other 10% every other school would kill to get. But that 90% is still 90%.

Don't give them ammo.

Don't stick up for laptop thieves using technicalities. Don't throw academics in the trash bin. Don't leak drug tests to the press. Don't have former managers running the program into the mud. Don't function as openly hostile to the media at every single turn. Don't make spiteful statements towards the ACC for ten years. Don't totally ignore marketing. Don't totally tick off the season-ticket base that built two national powerhouse programs.

These were preventable things. All of them.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
What is it that makes us lepers?

Do we have too high demands behind closed doors like BYU? Do we have a reputation of being bad conference-mates like Bevo?

Is it the APR? Because Louisville has been sanctioned for APR (no bowl ban applied to their football team though, of course, just loss of scholarships).

Do we have the stigma of being labeled cheaters? Because as far as I'm aware Ohio St, Miami, UNC, Indiana, and USC among other recently have been cheaters in either football or basketball but don't wear the collar quite like we do.

Do people think we don't bring $ to a conference? Let me remind you that this school has almost single-handedly carried this basketball conference for the past 20 years- a time period in which the Big East was widely considered the best bball conference in the country. If you claim football brings the $ in college sports (it does), be reminded the league was offered the most lucrative TV contract it's sniffed yet only four months after this school played in the BCS as the conference's representative.

This school has done as much as anyone to build this conference and be the heart and soul and backbone of the league. We have been the cash cow. We have been our league's breadwinner. As the wheels of realignment roll, no one gives a about any of it.

I'm sick of the disrespect.

Reaction Score
This situation requires a futile and stupid gesture on someone's part:

Reaction Score
UConn leads Louisville easily in academics, market size and geographic fit/rivalries.

Louisville currently leads in bball and fball AT THE MOMENT. However, one can argue that the future holds uncertainly for Louisville football (how long does Strong stay) and basketball (how long til Pitino succumbs to a sexual disease or decides to fill Kentucky's open position once Calipari finally goes to the NBA).

But maybe FSU should keep in mind that it was only a year ago that the mighty Louisville football program embarassed the hell out of their home football conference by losing to Florida-freakin-International and Marshall within a month AT HOME NO LESS!

Come to think of it losing to *** out of conference teams is a staple of being a well-respected ACC football team apparently. So maybe Lousville does deserve the nod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom