Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist | Page 47 | The Boneyard

Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
if Renaissance's Trip to the Fair and Yes's Close to the Edge can be posted than so can this..

Reaction Score
The Four Tops - can't overlook them:
Thanks @Scud49. The thread you started has now been going for a month with 1156 posts. A lot of good music here and I’ve enjoyed learning of some artists I wasn’t that familiar with.
We’ve included most of the British Invasion. Here’s a fun group that was part of the early wave of the British Invasion and had a couple of big hits here.

Reaction Score
Thanks @Scud49. The thread you started has now been going for a month with 1156 posts. A lot of good music here and I’ve enjoyed learning of some artists I wasn’t that familiar with.
We’ve included most of the British Invasion. Here’s a fun group that was part of the early wave of the British Invasion and had a couple of big hits here.

Thanks Banta, I think it's been great for all of us to re-discover, or as you said, newly discover material we may not have been familiar with. You mentioned the Brits Invasion - I don't think I have seen any from the Dave Clark Five - they certainly were part of it. I always liked "Try Too Hard" from them about as much as any tune they put out:

Reaction Score
Stanley Clarke, one of his instrumentals really does it for me - "Quiet Afternoon:"
Stanley Clarke was one of the talented musicians in the jazz/fusion band Return to Forever, which was founded by Chick Corea.

Return To Forever – The Romantic Warrior

Reaction Score
Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty was posted by @Slipperman. If you like Rafferty you know his other big solo hit was Right Down the Line but did you know before his solo career he had a hit in 1972 as part of Stealers Wheel ? I didn’t until I just looked for some other songs by him.

Reaction Score
Not sure if we have posted any fav's by the Kinks - so here's one I've really liked by them, "No More Looking Back", an ode to a long gone lover, who is still hanging around in your mind:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Is it possible to be OT in an OT thread? Last night's episode of Drunk History had a very musical leaning w/ segments about Lead Belly, John Lennon/Yoko Ono, and Sam Cooke.

At this point I have no clue who and what has appeared in this 47 page thread. But there's 3 more enfluential musicians to include if they aren't already here.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield with a drum part written and added by Sina.

Reaction Score
Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield with a drum part written and added by Sina.
Your Mike Oldfield reference reminded me of this fellow - Jean Luc Ponty, his "Gift of Time" is one very nice instrumental:

Reaction Score
And Wanda Jackson. Once hailed as the Queen of rockabilly.

Quite a unique voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul