Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist | Page 42 | The Boneyard

Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One of the most creative hit singles ever. That beautiful ethereal background involved a lot of effort. They worked with a 16-track mixer, and each group member was recorded singing each note 16 different times. Then that was mixed down, and repeated, so they had four different voices singing each note over 200 different times.

At their best, 10cc were a great mix of pop and art-rock.

Thanks for posting this, @Bigboote. I had assumed that the ethereal background sounds were generated by voices and by a synthesizer.

I found this video about the process of creating the song to be interesting:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Although I think I've seen a few U2 on here, this one might be my favorite.

Red Hill Mining Town

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this, @Bigboote. I had assumed that the ethereal background sounds were generated by voices and by a synthesizer.

I found this video about the process of creating the song to be interesting:

Oh, geez, Cedar, thanks for posting that. I love Eric Stewart talking about them all at the console, each with three faders, basically "playing" the vocals. I'd always imagined them making loops for a mellotron or something.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
The song selected by Harry & Meghan to be played at the Royal Wedding.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
I want to thank Whole Foods for the 2 bottles of lemonade Kombucha that I drank while viewing and listening to all 42 pages of videos and songs. It was fun. Now, for a chill out, cover song.

Reaction Score
I want to thank Whole Foods for the 2 bottles of lemonade Kombucha that I drank while viewing and listening to all 42 pages of videos and songs. It was fun. Now, for a chill out, cover song.

It was money well spent I think Hope - there's certainly some great music in this thread from everyone!

Chris Issac- I forgot about him too - here's my fav of his:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Asleep at the Wheel - another one I've overlooked inadvertently - gotta fix that with "Miles and Miles of Texas"

Probably written after seeing the “El Paso 850” sign on I-10 leaving Houston.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Oh, Scud, Sam Cooke is one of the few male popular singers that I'd say had a great voice. (Note that I don't mean one of the few great male singers.) I ripped an old three-record retrospective of his to 2 CD's, which I absolutely love.

My favorite of his, which was also ably covered by the Animals:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32