Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
10cc -- I'm Not In Love

A big hit in 1975...

One of the most creative hit singles ever. That beautiful ethereal background involved a lot of effort. They worked with a 16-track mixer, and each group member was recorded singing each note 16 different times. Then that was mixed down, and repeated, so they had four different voices singing each note over 200 different times.

At their best, 10cc were a great mix of pop and art-rock.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Thanks Scud for reminding us of the women who were part of the British Invasion. Dusty Springfield came along at about the same time time as Petula Clark. Springfield first appeared on the Sullivan show on 5/10/64 in the midst of the British Invasion.
[I only want to be with you]

Geez, Dusty did so much good stuff. Son of a Preacher Man, You don't have to say you love me. . . I think The Look of Love may have the best vocal of hers:

Reaction Score
This growing thread reminds me of the song which I consider (the great) Ms. Lauper's best of many good ones.

...which in turn reminded me of the following poem (excerpt) which I also can never forget: :)
And when something has enriched your life
And when its melody lingers in your heart
Is it unfinished?
Or is it endless?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I love Heart's Barracuda, but this young group of kids make me believe that they will keep Rock and Roll alive after I've passed. At the date of this YouTube posting the drummer Sina was 18, Andre the guitarist was 14, Miruna the Bassist was 16, and last but not least is the vocalist Victoria K who was ONLY 12 at the time. Enjoy these four young lads. Sina's father is the one that mixed the tape, he received the tapes from each of the four and did it in his studio.

Reaction Score
Another 60's era mega songstress was Nancy Sinatra - her title version of "You Only Live Twice" has always been my personal favorite:

I love her duet with Lee Hazlewood, "Some Velvet Morning", IMO it is better than "Jackson"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom