Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist | Page 44 | The Boneyard

Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A bunch of golden oldies from the 50’s have been posted recently which reminds me of being a kid in Brooklyn. On those hot summer nights I would hang out on the stoop with my older brother and his teenage friends listening to rock and roll. Here are a few songs I liked back then (and still do).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Five Stairsteps big one from the early 70s. Video was different then...but the song is a classic.

(per Wiki, the group was named by Mom as they were all hers "5 of 6 of the children of Betty and Clarence Burke, The Five Stairsteps, named by Mrs. Burke who thought her kids looked like stair steps when lined up according to their age") :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
BB- oh yea, the Roches - this one knocked me out when I first heard it in the early 80's:

They are really different. Your choice led me to a couple of their others that I liked more. Your choice "too epic" for my small brain and lyric hearing ability!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
They are really different. Your choice led me to a couple of their others that I liked more. Your choice "too epic" for my small brain and lyric hearing ability!

Yeah, they're an acquired taste. I love some of their stuff, am tepid on most of it, and really can't stand some of their songs. Thing is, this is on individual albums -- I've owned a couple of them, and never listened to them much because there would be a standout song on each side with a bunch of stuff that didn't speak to me.

Factoid: The youngest sister, Suzzy (pronounced SUH-zee), was romantically involved with Loudon Wainwright and had a daughter with him, Lucy, who's a singer and half-sister to Rufus and Martha.

Reaction Score
Haha...I understand, it's kind of a sweeping, complex, epic, sort of a tune, you may grow to like it though...! :D:D

Reaction Score
I love Asleep At The Wheel! I think you're the only other person I've "known" who even knows who they are

I lived in the Denver area for 12 years back in the 70's and early 80's, it was a bastion of country rock, country swing, when I was out there. I got a lot of exposure to Jerry Jeff Walker, New Riders of the Purple Sage, the Flying Burrito Brothers, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, David Bromberg, the Dead, Marshall Tucker Band, Poco, the Dirt Band, Pure Prairie League, Little Feat- I guess I could go on and on. It was, and still is, some great, great music.

Reaction Score
Although the Eagles made a big hit out of it, it was originally written and done by David Blue - and to my ears, a far better version:

"I am an outlaw, I was born an outlaw's son
The highway is my legacy
On the highway I will run
In one hand I've a Bible

In the other I've got a gun
Well, don' you know me
I'm the man who won"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online