Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mine is "Beautiful", then "Wreck", "Carefree Highway" &"Rainy Day People". "If You Could Read My Mind" is good but sad, it's over but the guy doesn't have the heart to come out & say it for some reason.

I would probably have gone with "If You Could Read my Mind."

I thought about "Early Morning Rain" but that's just my Kingston Trio thing kicking in.

We're clear on Operator for Jim Croce though, right?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I suspect the "best" of this little known duo (wink) is in many a fan's mind their Mockingbird, but for me it has always been this little song, chiefly because it highlites the wonderful control and richness in her voice:

Carly Simon and James Taylor, with You Can Close Your Eyes

I'd forgotten about this performance. This is my second-favorite JT song after Sweet Baby James (which I think has been posted).

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
And since we're doing the Wailers, here's my fave from Peter Tosh:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
And EWF's come up. They are one of my favorite bands that was popular in the 70's. The thing I love about them is they were relentlessly positive. We need more positive people in the world, and Maurice, Verdeen, Phillip, et al. fit the bill. This is one that's always stuck out to me:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Bob Marley has been mentioned a couple of times lately. This is my favorite performance of his:

Funny story. A son-in-law and I share a great appreciation for Marley's work. A few years back he gave me a really nice Marley T-shirt for Christmas and when I opened it and displayed it I caught him chuckling to himself. What's up I asked. He said he could just see me wandering around Bozeman in my Marley T (he doesn't live here). All I get is approving looks and thumbs up when I wear my Bob. I've done my best to straighten out his stereotypical thinking about Montana. But we are a remote and uncivilized place and I warn everyone to stay away!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Funny story. A son-in-law and I share a great appreciation for Marley's work. A few years back he gave me a really nice Marley T-shirt for Christmas and when I opened it and displayed it I caught him chuckling to himself. What's up I asked. He said he could just see me wandering around Bozeman in my Marley T (he doesn't live here). All I get is approving looks and thumbs up when I wear my Bob. I've done my best to straighten out his stereotypical thinking about Montana. But we are a remote and uncivilized place and I warn everyone to stay away!

Geez, Bozeman's a college town. I wouldn't think many would bat an eyelash at a Che t-shirt.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This one grows on you; or I should say it did on me. His version lets you understand the song better than most.

Jeff Buckley Hallelujah

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I don't think Phil Ochs has been mentioned yet. I wish he'd gotten the exposure Dylan got from Clive Davis and Joan Baez. This is beautiful on many levels, even if it is a tearjerker:

Reaction Score
I suspect the "best" of this little known duo (wink) is in many a fan's mind their Mockingbird, but for me it has always been this little song, chiefly because it highlites the wonderful control and richness in her voice:

Carly Simon and James Taylor, with You Can Close Your Eyes
This guy has some pretty good music genes being the son of James and Carly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member