Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Been a while since I listened to this haunting ballad. Randy VanWarmer Just When I Needed You Most

Reaction Score
Ten Years After’s performance of “I’m Going Home” was one of the highlights of Woodstock, but the band’s biggest hit was “I’d Love to Change the World,” released in 1971. It’s a great song with a fantastic guitar solo by Alvin Lee. The song has some bad lyrics, however, so I won’t post the link.
Loved the Woodstock song.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Eddie from Ohio is an award-winning folk band from Northern Virginia with a cult-like following. They are always fun.

Reaction Score
Some people just have a Knack for this sort of thing.
Definitely have to give a like for My Sharona by The Knack because without it we might not have had Weird Al.

“In mid-1979, shortly before his senior year, "My Sharona" by The Knack was on the charts and Yankovic took his accordion into the restroom across the hall from the radio station to take advantage of the echo chamber acoustics and recorded a parody titled "My Bologna". He sent it to Dr. Demento, who played it to good response from listeners. Yankovic met The Knack after a show at his college and introduced himself as the author of "My Bologna". The Knack's lead singer, Doug Fieger, said he liked the song and suggested that Capitol Records vice president Rupert Perry release it as a single. "My Bologna" was released as a single with "School Cafeteria" as its B-side, and the label gave Yankovic a six-month recording contract. Yankovic, who was only getting average grades in his architecture degree, began to realize that he might make a career of comedic music.”

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So, what was That? The That he wouldn't do?

Meat Loaf Anything for Love
It's right in the song.

-forget the way you feel right now
-forgive myself if we don't go all the way tonight
-do it better than I do it with you
-stop dreaming of you every night of my life

Also the women predicts "You'll see that it's time to move on" and "You'll be screwing around". And he replies "I won't do that".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom