Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist | Page 30 | The Boneyard

Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I choose The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. My close second was If You Could Read My Mind.

Mine is "Beautiful", then "Wreck", "Carefree Highway" &"Rainy Day People". "If You Could Read My Mind" is good but sad, it's over but the guy doesn't have the heart to come out & say it for some reason.

Reaction Score
Definitely have to give a like for My Sharona by The Knack because without it we might not have had Weird Al.

“In mid-1979, shortly before his senior year, "My Sharona" by The Knack was on the charts and Yankovic took his accordion into the restroom across the hall from the radio station to take advantage of the echo chamber acoustics and recorded a parody titled "My Bologna". He sent it to Dr. Demento, who played it to good response from listeners. Yankovic met The Knack after a show at his college and introduced himself as the author of "My Bologna". The Knack's lead singer, Doug Fieger, said he liked the song and suggested that Capitol Records vice president Rupert Perry release it as a single. "My Bologna" was released as a single with "School Cafeteria" as its B-side, and the label gave Yankovic a six-month recording contract. Yankovic, who was only getting average grades in his architecture degree, began to realize that he might make a career of comedic music.”

Weird Al is definitely the man. You're nobody until he parodies your song :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I suspect the "best" of this little known duo (wink) is in many a fan's mind their Mockingbird, but for me it has always been this little song, chiefly because it highlites the wonderful control and richness in her voice:

Carly Simon and James Taylor, with You Can Close Your Eyes

Reaction Score
I suspect the "best" of this little known duo (wink) is in many a fan's mind their Mockingbird, but for me it has always been this little song, chiefly because it highlites the wonderful control and richness in her voice:

Carly Simon and James Taylor, with You Can Close Your Eyes

I have never liked their version of "Mockingbird". This OTOH is very good!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Mississippi mud never touched her fingers

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Mississippi mud never touched her fingers

Bama fan

Reaction Score
We have had Counting Crows, and Black Crowes, but here are some plain Crows

Bama fan

Reaction Score
An old Western Pennsylvania favorite. We had a lot of hills .so..

Reaction Score
My favorite from Quicksilver - one of the band members did some time, got out, wrote a song about it:

Reaction Score
My all time fav form John Prine - one of the most poignant and evocative songs you may ever hear:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom