Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another island song from me, this time by the Waikikis - "Sugar Moon":

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Surely this is up above somewhere - it should be. Love her voice. Love the melody.

The Band Parry If I Die Young (do a VG Gentle On My Mind too):

"I'm as green as the ring on my little cold finger"!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The origin lost in Scottish/Irish antiquity - maybe 1600ish. A beautiful folk ballad most often heard as an instrumental in a movie, but sung by many artists. I favor Sheryl Crow's rendition, but truer to its origins is probably that of Hayley Westenra. The River Is Wide

Tip of the hat to James Taylor too: James Taylor The Water Is Wide

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Okay, okay, this is two for me on this guy, but others of you have been apostate in this regard as well. It's a great illustration of what makes this old guy with an indifferent voice still a master. His sense of timing, articulation and what I call pace are so, so good. Really on display here in Always On My Mind

Reaction Score
John "Cougar" Mellencamp (as he called himself at the time). "Ain't Even Done with the Night." I like many of his songs, but this one is my favorite.

Reaction Score
After adding Laura Nyro I looked up some info about her and saw that she was at the Monterey Pop Festival in 1967. I then checked the complete list of performers and I had forgotten what a truly unbelievable lineup it was: Mamas & Papas,Buffalo Springfield, The Who, Jefferson Airplane, Byrds, Hendrix, Janis, Animals, Simon and Garfunkel, Grateful Dead, the Association, Otis Redding, Steve Miller Band, Canned Heat, Country Joe, Scott McKenzie, Blues Project and more. Most of these artists have been included in this comprehensive music thread. I don’t think we have anything from the Association who opened the show on June 16,1967. This was one of the songs in their opening act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom