Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Hot Tuna: Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Cassidy doing "Embryonic Journey"

I saw Jorma do this live a couple of times in solo shows. If you close your eyes you'll swear there are two or three guitarists on stage.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I was just listening to this. This isn't my favorite Hilary Hahn performance, (I wish there was a live video of her playing the Dvorak concerto; I saw her perform that a couple of years ago.) but is my favorite Prokofiev piece. I love the slow-fast-slow construction; the finale just leaves me awestruck. She was about 15 or 16 when this was recorded.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I have a dim recollection of putting up somebody doing Wagon Wheel. Best though is Darius Rucker. Wonderful timber in his voice:

@RockyMTblue2 Loved Darius, but this 13 year old does a great job.

Reaction Score
Interesting trivia about Bobby Vee. He was from Fargo, North Dakota and got his big break in 1959 at 15 when he got to go on stage as a fill-in on the “Winter Dance Party” tour following the plane crash which killed Buddy Holly, the Big Bopper and Ritchie Valens.

Reaction Score
Klaus Doldinger's group Passport has done some wonderful stuff over the years - this is one of their most fluid and gorgeous:

Reaction Score
I think we have overlooked John Mayall...?

Well, if we have, here's my fav by him - and what a gem "California" is. A side note, both Jon Mark and Johnny Almond were members of John Mayall's group and performed on this album.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tom Rush - "Urge for Going" - a Joni Mitchell composition, beautiful and sad, to me it's one of the great folk songs:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Emmylou is one of my favorites, although I'm not much of a country fan. This is the opening cut from Red Dirt Girl. (The title cut from that album is the other song from her I was thinking of.) This one is about how something as beautiful as a pearl comes from the animal's pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom