PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer) | Page 36 | The Boneyard

PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Basketball is as big in Indiana as it is anywhere else. B1G basketball is quality hoops, IU has a ton of tradition, and their attendance is almost always among the top 10 in the country. Kids to go IU for the same reason they go to UConn. It's a quality program with tradition, huge fan support, at a school where they can focus on hoops. It's only about an hour to Indianapolis. Not to mention in 2013 and 2014 they had 3 top ten picks in the draft.

Men's Basketball Finishes 7th In Attendance, Average Attendance Up 800 Over Previous Season

Yup, not sure why the poster bagged on Indiana. They are certainly a more relevant team at this juncture than GTown and historically are one of the all-time greats.

Reaction Score
Yup, not sure why the poster bagged on Indiana. They are certainly a more relevant team at this juncture than GTown and historically are one of the all-time greats.
They haven't won an NCAA championship in 20 years, and routinely get 16,000+ at their games. We've won 4 in the past 17 years, and struggle to sell out Gampel thanks to the conference we're in. Considering our situation, Ollie is killing it with recruiting. The new BBall facilities came at exactly the right time.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I think people are also forgetting that academics are very important to Waters. In terms of academics, there is a significant gap between Georgetown and Indiana. That likely played an important role in his decision.

Reaction Score
I think people are also forgetting that academics are very important to Waters. In terms of academics, there is a significant gap between Georgetown and Indiana. That likely played an important role in his decision.
Generally speaking, I don't get why so many posters try to justify or rationalize where recruits go to school. There is so much that goes on behind the scenes that we don't know, so many variables that factor into the decision, that we don't know, that debating why a recruit should pick one program over another seems like a waste of time to me.

Reaction Score
Tremont Waters to Georgetown | Zagsblog

“After many discussions with my parents I will be attending Georgetown University,” said Waters.

Allen Iverson is a great example of what I can become or better. Also the feeling I had when I went to Georgetown. Everyone pretty much want me there, it’s just a family.”

Might as well dream big.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Generally speaking, I don't get why so many posters try to justify or rationalize where recruits go to school. There is so much that goes on behind the scenes that we don't know, so many variables that factor into the decision, that we don't know, that debating why a recruit should pick one program over another seems like a waste of time to me.

You just described 90% of the Internet. If it wasn't for people killing time while at work, the Internet wouldn't exist.

Reaction Score

“After many discussions with my parents I will be attending Georgetown University,” said Waters.

Allen Iverson is a great example of what I can become or better. Also the feeling I had when I went to Georgetown. Everyone pretty much want me there, it’s just a family.”

Might as well dream big.

iversonx-inset-community.jpg

Reaction Score
I gotta believe some of these kids fake themselves out of a good thing.

He will do well at Georgetown, but at that position, JT3 has been a questionable coach for a long while.

You had Ollie here, you could've snagged that scholarship over a year ago, maybe more.

Don't give me academics either. Better students at G'town, yes, more well regarded degree, yes; but in terms of the quality of classes? No.

This strikes me as someone who had Duke/Kentucky glasses on, only to watch the best slot from him be taken: UConn.

Reaction Score

He will do well at Georgetown, but at that position, JT3 has been a questionable coach for a long while.

You had Ollie here, you could've snagged that scholarship over a year ago, maybe more.

Don't give me academics either. Better students at G'town, yes, more well regarded degree, yes; but in terms of the quality of classes? No.

This strikes me as someone who had Duke/Kentucky glasses on, only to watch the best slot from him be taken: UConn.

It's nice to be able to come on the Boneyard and get an objective take on the situation.

Good luck to the kid. Minus the Iverson reference, I hope he does well.

Reaction Score

Might as well dream big.

Good luck to the kid he's from CT hope he does great things.

Reaction Score

Ollie prioritzed MAL over Waters. I wish him luck, always root for Connecticut kids.

Reaction Score
Good for him! The kid is incredibly bright and Georgetown seems like a nice fit. I was hoping he would commit to Yale but it is what it is.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Ollie prioritized MAL first or Tremont prioritized Duke. Regardless, they both did what was in their interests and both UConn and Tremont will both do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom