PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer) | Page 35 | The Boneyard

PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He's their plan C after Quade green and Trae young
Looks like Young is going to Oklahoma, and Green is expected to choose either Duke or 'Cuse.

Reaction Score
Looks like Young is going to Oklahoma, and Green is expected to choose either Duke or 'Cuse.
Then it would make sense that they're going to put the press on waters to commit quickly

Reaction Score
They don't need to. The best suny is on long island.

That just is quite a broad insubstantial statement.

UNLIKE Connecticut (and maybe most like the UC system in California), SUNY has a very very diverse set of campuses with lots of strong advancements throughout the system. I am not sure what long island SUNY you are referring to; but, UBuffalo and Binghamton are well-known for high ranking in specific disciplines. As noted above, IF you are into the CSNE distinct college in Albany (*now separate from UAlbany), you are in the unique leader in the world in Nanoscience. etc etc.

Who has the best Pharmacy? Who has the best Engineering? Who is the best if you want to get to Med School? etc

This is 4 Flagship Universities and 17 (I think) SUNY College campuses. Including Geneseo or Fredonia or New Paltz ... which all get high marks.

In NYS, if you truly aren't from an advantaged background, it is FAR simpler to go to a Community College & then transfer into the BIG U. Particularly in some specific disciplines. It is a well-thought out system and works. (and like upstate ... I have an affiliation)

Reaction Score
I've felt like it'll be Indiana for a while (like at least 2 days) but I'm switching it and going Georgetown

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Why would he pick Georgetown over Indiana?
tom-crean-gif.0.gif

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
That is what the liberal left does today! They cry out for "open and and honest" discussions about race, and as soon as you have a differing opinion you are called a "racist".

Take it to the cesspool...

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Look like it is G Town. The young man had a nice list, hope he does well
Awesome. I hope he goes there and helps resurrect that program.

Reaction Score
I sort of understood Duke over UConn cause it's his "dream school" (gross), but Indiana? Georgetown? I don't get it.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
I sort of understood Duke over UConn cause it's his "dream school" (gross), but Indiana? Georgetown? I don't get it.
We stopped recruiting him once we got MAL. And while I agree with you re: Indiana (why go there over UConn?), it's entirely reasonable to pick Georgetown for two reasons: Location (some kid want to go to an urban school) and academics (as much as we've improved, we're not in Georgetown's league just yet). This kid has stressed academics since day 1, so the Hoyas make a ton of sense for him.

Reaction Score
Basketball is as big in Indiana as it is anywhere else. B1G basketball is quality hoops, IU has a ton of tradition, and their attendance is almost always among the top 10 in the country. Kids to go IU for the same reason they go to UConn. It's a quality program with tradition, huge fan support, at a school where they can focus on hoops. It's only about an hour to Indianapolis. Not to mention in 2013 and 2014 they had 3 top ten picks in the draft.

Men's Basketball Finishes 7th In Attendance, Average Attendance Up 800 Over Previous Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom