PF Tyler Polley (UConn Offer) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

PF Tyler Polley (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
well, like many hs players, his game is not yet totally developed and physically he probably has some muscle to add.
like the majority of 17-18 year old kids coming out of high school?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Polley as stated by James is the game of a 3 playing a 4. For Polley we are 5-0 in 'Crystal Ball' picks since Aug. (no picks for other schools since 2015). We also have 1 on the 12th when we and Pitt visited him that could have come from feedback from his camp then. Could we think we have a good enough shot at Wilkes to hold a Polley commitment off until Wilkes' official visit Nov 3? Is there really a tactful way to do that? How do you recruit a kid like Polley hard as your second choice? I can't wrap my head around a kid wanting to be your second choice. On an 'impact' basis Kris Wilkes would project as the better recruit, but, Polley is an excellent player in his own right that I for one would e thrilled with. Bird in the hand or roll the dice?
Was there a subliminal thought that went with this recruits name and your last statement?;)

Reaction Score
They should want a couple elite players, even 1-n-done to make a 2017 FF/NC run. Polley seems like the same as Vance Jackson.

Would like Bamba and Diallo obviously like everyone else.

In my mind DJ Harvey and Diallo can both be big 2G (their pro positions), or play the 3G/Wing/SF in college, and Polley as stated by James is the game of a 3 playing a 4. I don't see a Polley commitment as having any bearing on Diallo/Harvey as far as being overlapping players. On the other hand, it would seem to be a total overlap to Kris Wilkes. Having a solid possibility with a top player like Wilkes in the near future, when a lesser player at the same position, like Polley, is ready to commit to you now, is a part of recruiting that I wish I had more insight into. For Polley we are 5-0 in 'Crystal Ball' picks since Aug. (no picks for other schools since 2015). We have 3 picks in the last week and 1 yesterday after the TN visit (if it happened as scheduled). We also have 1 on the 12th when we and Pitt visited him that could have come from feedback from his camp then. Could we think we have a good enough shot at Wilkes to hold a Polley commitment off until Wilkes' official visit Nov 3? Is there really a tactful way to do that? How do you recruit a kid like Polley hard as your second choice? I can't wrap my head around a kid wanting to be your second choice. On an 'impact' basis Kris Wilkes would project as the better recruit, but, Polley is an excellent player in his own right that I for one would e thrilled with. Bird in the hand or roll the dice?

Reaction Score
He reminds me of Obi Enechionyia of Temple too just looking at the video.

Reaction Score
Final Answer is.... ..Bird in the Hand.

Welcome Tyler
I'll go with 6'9 vs 6'7 with Mau's permission
I'll go with ranked in the top 100 scout & rivals vs 120ish 247 Composite
4-star vs 3-star
I'll double down with the DeAndre Daniels comp
Smile with the made foul shots
And match Mau's fixation with the foul line jumper vs zones

Top it all off ratifying universal hope for icing on the cake with 5-star Hami & Mo Bamba
Extra bonus points for Tyler's gracious well spoken announcement that shows he is a class act to boot
Thank you Tyler for making my day and positioning the program with 11 quality players awaiting a difference maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom