PF Tyler Polley (UConn Offer) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

PF Tyler Polley (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Is he only a 3*? and only 6'7"? I think we need to aim higher...don't mind him as a plan C/D.

Reaction Score
Is he only a 3*? and only 6'7"? I think we need to aim higher...don't mind him as a plan C/D.

He's rising up the recruiting rankings and we're on him early. Remember Devin Robinson was not even ranked top 100 going into his senior year and was a 5 star by the end of his senior season. Some guys take longer to develop than others.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He's a 4-star and a top-150 player nationally. Relax.
And he's mostly listed at 6-foot-9 as well. That 6-foot-7 measurement was from early 2015, just before he turned 16. Kid's grown a couple of inches.

Reaction Score
I really like Polley looks like a solid player. Doesn't seem like he's 6'9 in the videos. But maybe he's still growing.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
He's a 4-star and a top-150 player nationally. Relax.
What about my post made you think I wasn't relaxed? I know it's not the best source, but I saw 3* and 6'7" on Scout.com. That's all. I still think they should aim higher. Top 150 is good and all, but for me, I'd hold off and wait for better options, unless they really think he can contribute and be productive.

Reaction Score
It's this ^^^^ kind of post that makes him think you aren't relaxed. Dont worry, happens to me all the time.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
It's this ^^^^ kind of post that makes him think you aren't relaxed. Dont worry, happens to me all the time.
I know what you mean, but why does everyone jump to the conclusion that anytime anyone says anything they're fired up? Id understand if I went on a huge long rant. I just made a quick comment.

Reaction Score
I know what you mean, but why does everyone jump to the conclusion that anytime anyone says anything they're fired up? Id understand if I went on a huge long rant. I just made a quick comment.

Idk. I've been told i've overreacted or i've been fired up when I just point out inconsistencies or see something i don't think makes sense about someone elses posts. We have a sensitive bunch here.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Is there any official or car wash rumors on when he plans on announcing?

Cue 4 20 minute responses.

Reaction Score
Do we really want this guy? His video wasn't impressive.

Reaction Score
Do we really want this guy? His video wasn't impressive.

Why not? He's a raw prospect. Looks like he has a nice stroke and can score from each level of the court. Average athlete but long and he could start with maybe two years of seasoning and understanding his impact. He reminds me a bit of Vance. Vance might just be a better at spotting up from deep.

Reaction Score
Why not? He's a raw prospect. Looks like he has a nice stroke and can score from each level of the court. Average athlete but long and he could start with maybe two years of seasoning and understanding his impact. He reminds me a bit of Vance. Vance might just be a better at spotting up from deep.
How is he "raw"?

Reaction Score
Does he have any other OVs lined up after the visit to Tenn?

Reaction Score
Does he have any other OVs lined up after the visit to Tenn?
I couldn't find anything about any visits after Tennessee. I think he also listed Dayton and Ok State as interests but no visit. He may have already visited Pitt.

Reaction Score
In my mind DJ Harvey and Diallo can both be big 2G (their pro positions), or play the 3G/Wing/SF in college, and Polley as stated by James is the game of a 3 playing a 4. I don't see a Polley commitment as having any bearing on Diallo/Harvey as far as being overlapping players. On the other hand, it would seem to be a total overlap to Kris Wilkes. Having a solid possibility with a top player like Wilkes in the near future, when a lesser player at the same position, like Polley, is ready to commit to you now, is a part of recruiting that I wish I had more insight into. For Polley we are 5-0 in 'Crystal Ball' picks since Aug. (no picks for other schools since 2015). We have 3 picks in the last week and 1 yesterday after the TN visit (if it happened as scheduled). We also have 1 on the 12th when we and Pitt visited him that could have come from feedback from his camp then. Could we think we have a good enough shot at Wilkes to hold a Polley commitment off until Wilkes' official visit Nov 3? Is there really a tactful way to do that? How do you recruit a kid like Polley hard as your second choice? I can't wrap my head around a kid wanting to be your second choice. On an 'impact' basis Kris Wilkes would project as the better recruit, but, Polley is an excellent player in his own right that I for one would e thrilled with. Bird in the hand or roll the dice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom