PF Tyler Polley (UConn Offer) | The Boneyard

PF Tyler Polley (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm a little worried that we're still tossing out all sorts of offers and haven't had one verbal yet.

Reaction Score
I'm a little worried that we're still tossing out all sorts of offers and haven't had one verbal yet.
This is actually being discussed in another general recruiting thread started by Ricker but various posters have been pointing out that:
A: Ollie tends to offer a lot of guys.
B: July live periods have been busy and our coaches may be starting to offer kids they haven't been exposed to all that much before now.
C: We might be hedging our bets on some of our top targets.
D: Not that many of the Top 50 or Top 100 kids have committed yet.
E: Kids drag out their recruitment to "build a brand" or awareness of themselves.

Reaction Score
This is actually being discussed in another general recruiting thread started by Ricker but various posters have been pointing out that:
A: Ollie tends to offer a lot of guys.
B: July live periods have been busy and our coaches may be starting to offer kids they haven't been exposed to all that much before now.
C: We might be hedging our bets on some of our top targets.
D: Not that many of the Top 50 or Top 100 kids have committed yet.
E: Kids drag out their recruitment to "build a brand" or awareness of themselves.

I'm probably irrationally worried but slightly worried nonetheless. Big XII realignment has me feeling uneasy in general.

Reaction Score

Here's the competition

I like our chances then. We definitely need to add 1-2 high level recruits next year but we're going to have a ton of scholarships so depth signing and high-upside signings will be important. He doesn't look like a crazy athlete or anything, but I won't be surprised if he's a top 100 player by the time he signs somewhere. He looks like he has a great feel for the game.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Tyler Polley fell out of our most recent 2017 rankings from this past spring but be sure to watch for his name next time around. The slender bodied but skilled forward had a massive July as he brought in offer after offer and it wasn’t just because of the dreaded potential word.

Regardless of the event that he suited up in, Polley displayed immense upside but also the current production that made him someone that volumes of high-major schools watched throughout the three evaluation periods. While he still does have to get stronger, the E1T1 product showcased improved toughness on scores at the basket but also a better feel for the game as he destroyed his opponents out of the high post setting. Capable of putting it on the floor, hitting the intermediate jumper, and also making the proper pass, Polley will see his name within our rankings next time around, just the same as his name will appear atop of many college recruiting boards up and down the east coast.

-Corey Evans

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If you don't offer you don't get interest
Simple

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Seems like his best move would be to tighten his handle and play the 3. He's got some Deandre in his game although that comp gets thrown around here far too often.

Reaction Score
Surprised about how little talk there is on here about dude, I know its just scouting reports and you have to be hesistant about putting too much stock into them, but his skillset seems ideal for what KO(and what I would like to see as a fan) would want at the 4.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Polley looks more like a 3 than a 4 to me. He seems to avoid body contact, and is more slithery than bull-like. Handle looks adequate to play the 3, too. The Deandre comparison isn't outrageous, but I think maybe a little more Roscoe than Deandre.

The other kid in the mix-tape - short, somewhat stocky guard (Honor?) who didn't pass the ball once, seemed to relish contact on his forays into the middle. He kind of reminded me of Dana Baros for some reason.

Reaction Score
I really want this kid, probably because I see so much Daniels in him, I think he will be a 4 year quality versatile player, and, I think he fits our system so well. I like his skills being diversified outside and taking it to the rim with his apparent mentality to score from that forward position. I've been clicking the boneyard all weekend to get feedback from his visit only to find silence. I at least expected, "had a great visit and expect a fall decision after I take my other visits", but nothing? No Courant? No Register? No New London Day or Journal Inquirer? No Boneyard hidden cams or insider leaks? No coverage from his home town? I guess I have to be patient and put my clicking finger back in my nose.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
image.jpeg
I really want this kid, probably because I see so much Daniels in him, I think he will be a 4 year quality versatile player, and, I think he fits our system so well. I like his skills being diversified outside and taking it to the rim with his apparent mentality to score from that forward position. I've been clicking the boneyard all weekend to get feedback from his visit only to find silence. I at least expected, "had a great visit and expect a fall decision after I take my other visits", but nothing? No Courant? No Register? No New London Day or Journal Inquirer? No Boneyard hidden cams or insider leaks? No coverage from his home town? I guess I have to be patient and put my clicking finger back in my nose.
That's my fault. I was there staked out for the visit but fell asleep while they were doing the glen miller tour of the werth center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom