PF Taurean Thompson (UConn Offer) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

PF Taurean Thompson (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I mean, Ollie isn't batting 100%. He wanted Cassell, instead of maybe someone else who could contribute meaningful minutes.

I like the idea of adding reinhardt, but im sure we all can agree with this; hell need to be a different, more complimentary, piece on the team than what he was out west. He can't come in here as a gunslinger who expects be a first or second option. (He left unlv to play pg essentially , never got his wish)

He selected Cassell over Tyus Jones. Very bad decision.

Reaction Score
He selected Cassell over Tyus Jones. Very bad decision.

Reinhardt reverting to his first two years could very well tank the teams growth and continuity in a crucial season. I'm optimistic that won't be the case, but if it is KO would be better off not even targeting said player. Its not like there's no risk.

Reaction Score
I mean, Ollie isn't batting 100%. He wanted Cassell, instead of maybe someone else who could contribute meaningful minutes.

I like the idea of adding reinhardt, but im sure we all can agree with this; hell need to be a different, more complimentary, piece on the team than what he was out west. He can't come in here as a gunslinger who expects be a first or second option. (He left unlv to play pg essentially , never got his wish)
Hamstrung recruiting in the past that's why we had to settle for guys like Cassell and Samuel, we should be past that now but Hamilton leaving puts us in a pickle.

Reaction Score
@superjohn yeah beggers can't be choosers . with Hamilton Gibbs and Calhoun leaving, I'm on the reinhardt wagon, but will temper my expectations.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I blew that one then. My bad @upstater
I'm putting that mistake in the turnover column! Although I thought about putting it in the missed hyperbole shot column. Which would you prefer?

Reaction Score
I'm putting that mistake in the turnover column! Although I thought about putting it in the missed hyperbole shot column. Which would you prefer?
Missed hyperbole would make me feel a bit more unique, but do I deserve it? Debatable.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Missed hyperbole would make me feel a bit more unique, but do I deserve it? Debatable.
We're all entitled to a missed hyperbole now or then. I wear mine as badges of honor. And I never look for hyperbole in certain situations. If my wife tells me I'm great at something I take it for fact.

Reaction Score
I remember we lost Alexander Johnson, a borderline 5-star after he went to a 50 cent concert in like 2003 when we wanted him bad. May have been same year we ended up with Marcus White instead, who was a fun player to watch.

Alexander Johnson Bio

Reaction Score
I remember we lost Alexander Johnson, a borderline 5-star after he went to a 50 cent concert in like 2003 when we wanted him bad. May have been same year we ended up with Marcus White instead, who was a fun player to watch.

Alexander Johnson Bio

That was '03, so we ended up with Villanueva and Boone instead. Johnson was a very good player for FSU, but I'll take that trade.

Reaction Score
That was '03, so we ended up with Villanueva and Boone instead. Johnson was a very good player for FSU, but I'll take that trade.
I think I would take that deal too. Charlie V opened up bc Self left Illinois? I thought Josh was fall signee and Marcus was definitely a spring signee as his recruitment pushed me over the edge to get a Rival subscription! :)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Alexander Johnson Bio
I would be thrilled if we could pull in someone like (pre back injury) Marcus White. Many on this board have been griping about beanpoles, types of strength, etc. The reality is someone with adequate size who brings energy and desire (in terms of rebounding) may be sufficient.

Reaction Score
I would be thrilled if we could pull in someone like (pre back injury) Marcus White. Many on this board have been griping about beanpoles, types of strength, etc. The reality is someone with adequate size who brings energy and desire (in terms of rebounding) may be sufficient.

Marcus White was a damn beast on the boards. Really a mini-Rodman type in that regard (don't get carried away now). Thompson seems to fit a need - we can certainly use more depth and rebounding in the front court. And by all accounts, he can contribute next year. This isn't a reach recruit at all.

Reaction Score
I've been hyping this god damn fetty wap concert at UConn for Thompson's visit b/c an article on the Daily Campus (Fetty Wap set to headline SUBOG Spring Concert on April 18) says it's on 4/18. Of course they got the date wrong and it's tomorrow night. I'm surprised no ones visiting for it. Sorry for passing on bad info!
Are you sure? They almost always do the spring concert on Friday.

Reaction Score
I've been hyping this god damn fetty wap concert at UConn for Thompson's visit b/c an article on the Daily Campus (Fetty Wap set to headline SUBOG Spring Concert on April 18) says it's on 4/18. Of course they got the date wrong and it's tomorrow night. I'm surprised no ones visiting for it. Sorry for passing on bad info!

It's kind of a red flag when "Thursday April 18" isn't a thing this year (or last, or next)

Reaction Score
Are you sure? They almost always do the spring concert on Friday.
It's tonight.
It's kind of a red flag when "Thursday April 18" isn't a thing this year (or last, or next)
GREAT CATCH! For now on I'll fact check every single article I read. You can never be too sure now a days! Also, I'll make it a point to memorize the calendar so some half-wit writer never fools me again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom