PF Taurean Thompson (UConn Offer) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

PF Taurean Thompson (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hop it feels right!;)

Yeah it looks like we're in a great position with him. I know he said' it's his 3rd official with no others scheduled right now, how many officials do recruits get now? 5?

caw

Reaction Score
Yeah it looks like we're in a great position with him. I know he said' it's his 3rd official with no others scheduled right now, how many officials do recruits get now? 5?

Yes five

Reaction Score
Taurean Thompson Talks Recruiting, Upcoming UConn Visit

"[UConn] gave me a call and I still have a bunch of officials yet," Thompson said. "I wanted to make the most of my officials so I decided to go to UConn."

He added: "I'll see what they say, what they tell me."

UConn has produced its share of big men over the years, several of whom have gone to the NBA.

"I know Daniel Hamilton, his personal coach told me that I should take a look at it," Thompson said of the UConn wing who just declared for the NBA Draft. "I always liked UConn, so it's going to be interesting."

UConn-bound forward Mamadou Diarra -- who also played for Team New York -- is in Thompson's ear about joining him on campus.

"I was just talking to him in the locker room about it, 'You've got to come to UConn,'" Diarra told Dave Borges of the New Haven Register.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He claims he hasn't spoken with Ollie. Doesn't it seem weird he'd go on a visit without communicating with the head coach? Maybe I heard him wrong.

Reaction Score
He claims he hasn't spoken with Ollie. Doesn't it seem weird he'd go on a visit without communicating with the head coach? Maybe I heard him wrong.

That interview is before his visit. He hadn't spoken to KO yet, but he obviously plans to during his visit, which was this weekend I think.

C

Chief00

With the new NBA rule it's really tough to figure everything out - there are more variables than usual. That also goes for schools we are competing against - so the picture for any one guy is very cloudy.

Reaction Score

I really want this guy in blue. Put up 27 and 13 at the Jordan regional game. With Durham's injuries and Brown's issues/hurdles at the moment, Thompson would alleviate a lot of pressure while having plenty of opportunity for instant PT.

According to the Seton Hall Rivals Premium Board...UConn right now is the team to beat for Taurean Thompson.

That must mean he is headed elsewhere? lol
Can't put too much stock into it, but it always makes me feel better to know its not just UConn fans who think someone is favoring UConn. Thank you for the tip!

Last edited:

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I would love to get him to commit asap.

He may be a better rebounder than Diarra - according to the Jordan Regional game.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
No commitment yet. Still hoping we land him.

Makes perfect sense for him to consider all his options. Though at the end of the day if it's UConn vs. Seton Hall I like UConn's chances.

edit: Just read the other thread about his upcoming SHU visit now. Doesn't seem all that positive. I guess we'll see.

Reaction Score
Reportedly down to Syracuse, Seton Hall and Michigan State.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Cuse or Hall????
NEXT...................................

Reaction Score
Would have liked to have him but still, we're 3 deep at PF for this season.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
My god, Bunkey had nothing to do with this. Stop perpetuating falsehoods because you are bitter about people you claim to be friends with leaving the program.

How many years have you been around the program, Chief? Shouldn't you be aware that we've never had a 100% close rate on kids who come for visits? Not under JC, not with Bunkey as part of the entourage...

Reaction Score
My god, Bunkey had nothing to do with this. Stop perpetuating falsehoods because you are bitter about people you claim to be friends with leaving the program.

How many years have you been around the program, Chief? Shouldn't you be aware that we've never had a 100% close rate on kids who come for visits? Not under JC, not with Bunkey as part of the entourage...

This new thing where Chief emphasizes at every moment how important Bunkey was will be interesting to monitor over time. We know Chief has his subjects that he harps on (Clyde, first night, the gymnastics coach, etc.) and this seems to be next in line.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This new thing where Chief emphasizes at every moment how important Bunkey was will be interesting to monitor over time. We know Chief has his subjects that he harps on (Clyde, first night, the gymnastics coach, etc.) and this seems to be next in line.
That list is a welcome upgrade over his fixation on Dyson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom