PF Taurean Thompson (UConn Offer) | The Boneyard

PF Taurean Thompson (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Great, that must mean Brimah is gone too. First DHam and now Amida..............

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Hmm. Interesting. I know Syracuse has been after him, so getting him to spurn them would be nice. I haven't seen too much of his tape, but being at Brewster with a good bunch of P5 offers makes me inclined to believe he'd be a nice player.

Reaction Score
Pretty late to get on a 4* top 100 recruit

Reaction Score
Just to play devil's advocate, if he were happier with his previous options wouldn't he have pulled the trigger already?

Oh I agree, it's just interesting

Reaction Score
In the Hamidou Diallo mix tape he is #35 in white in the Brewster clips, Alpha Diallo is #1. I have seen Thompson be passive in some games and not be notable, but have also seen him take over the action in games and have pretty good moves in the lane and have an offensive mind set. He is the same body type as a Facey, he isn't a big body that's going to move people out of the box, he isn't a major rim protector, but he is ranked #78 and is a quality player who played against quality competition. He isn't a savior but he is a quality big who can score. It would mean having a second player like Facey on the 2016 team.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If he's anything like facey I'll pass. We can save scholarships for better players. We don't need 3 pf in this class, it's overkill.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If he's anything like facey I'll pass. We can save scholarships for better players. We don't need 3 pf in this class, it's overkill.

He may be easier to mold into a better player than Facey. If I recall correctly, Facey didn't pick up a basketball until he was around 13. If Thompson has more experience/familiarity with the game as opposed to raw athleticism, he could be more likely to improve over his time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He may be easier to mold into a better player than Facey. If I recall correctly, Facey didn't pick up a basketball until he was around 13. If Thompson has more experience/familiarity with the game as opposed to raw athleticism, he could be more likely to improve over his time.

Normally the opposite is true. If he isn't more polished than Facey already he hasn't learned any more even though he has more Bball exposure.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
@Stairmaster You could be right, but I still think taking another 4 year big man could be overkill. We'll have; Brimah, Facey, Enoch, Durham, and Diarra who are all natural bigs. Then you add Hamilton who can play the 4. I'd be more accepting of another grad transfer who can rebound and finish inside, but I think commiting to 3 pf for the next 4 years is a little overkill. However, if the kid can play, Ollie believes(SP) in him, and so does everyone else, then sign me up.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I need to see a few minutes of uncontested dunks before I grant my approval.

Nah...contested dunks...that's what I want. Unstoppable, in your face dunks over the top of the defender. A young Karl Malone would be fine.

Reaction Score
I hope we get him add to our depth and let durham redshirt. More talent is never a bad thing.

Reaction Score
Facey is a good bench player, and is just about the only guy on our team who willingly crashes the offensive glass.

While both have slight builds, ESPN had Facey at 6'9 195 as a freshman, and Thompson at 6'9 220. Facey was emaciatedly skinny. While both are slim, I'll take a 25 lb. head start any day of the week.

With all this being said, I would tend to agree that a grad transfer big would make more sense at this juncture, because it's tough to see Thompson contributing too much as a freshman.

Reaction Score

Facey as a player has some warts (especially his fouling), but he really isn't a bad player. His offensive rebounding % is 16.7 which, if he qualified (too few mpg) would have ranked him tied for 4th in the entire country. His defense has improved dramatically (except the fouls) since his freshman year, and I am excited to see what he can do in his senior season

Reaction Score
I wish Facey was a better defensive rebounder , but he does some good things on the court. Pretty good athlete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom