Perspective on Vital | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Perspective on Vital

Reaction Score
I just hope Bouknight gets Christian’s heart at some point. When on D his mission is to get the ball back for us. Would love to see Bouk play with that energy.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Please. On a good team he would still be a spark off the bench. There is being critical, then there is just being unduly harsh. The kid rebounds, plays D, hustles and gives it everything he has. His faults are from trying too hard to be a star when he should really be a solid role player.

Nope, he is closer to Boatright than he is Broan Fair. If he could get his 3 off quicker at a higher percentage, hed be closer to Ben Gordon. I think he has been that good for us. Just can't carry a team by himself, which is no sin. Boat couldn't do it either.

Reaction Score
Nope, he is closer to Boatright than he is Broan Fair. If he could get his 3 off quicker at a higher percentage, hed be closer to Ben Gordon. I think he has been that good for us. Just can't carry a team by himself, which is no sin. Boat couldn't do it either.
Do you not remember the things that Ben Gordon could do on the court? CV doesn't come close. That dude was an NBA starter! CV likely won't even make the G League. Good grief it's like people on here have forgotten what great UConn guards are supposed to look like. Amnesia

Last edited:
Reaction Score
People rag on him so hard. I don't get it. He leads the team in scoring, rebounding, steals and FT % (by a wide margin). He's a senior leader that has given everything he can for this program and folks still continue to make him out to be the problem. Unreal.
This is just a sign off how bad the team is. Vital has exceeded his ceiling but was never the guy to play all these minutes and lead the team. Team record over his tenure is proof. In the right situation he would have been part of solution.

Reaction Score
This is just a sign off how bad the team is. Vital has exceeded his ceiling but was never the guy to play all these minutes and lead the team. Team record over his tenure is proof. In the right situation he would have been part of solution.
I said this in another thread and I will say it here, THIS IS A TEAM SPORT. This is no indication of Vital's talent or ability. In his time, most of the recruited players have transferred or in Diarra's case, retired due to physical issues(his recruiting class is basically all gone). He continues to play hard for this university. He will forever be a favorite of mine because, during these low points, he never quit.

Reaction Score
I just hope Bouknight gets Christian’s heart at some point. When on D his mission is to get the ball back for us. Would love to see Bouk play with that energy.
You can't teach that or gain it IMO. He's immensely talented, but if he doesn't have it, he never will.

Reaction Score
This board is a really strange place. Just this past week we had a poster say Vital would be an all-time great had he played with Okafor, Kemba, or Bazz and likened him to Ben Gordon and we had multiple posters say Kemba, Bazz, and El-Amin are not point guards.

Reaction Score
This board is a really strange place. Just this past week we had a poster say Vital would be an all-time great had he played with Okafor, Kemba, or Bazz and likened him to Ben Gordon and we had multiple posters say Kemba, Bazz, and El-Amin are not point guards.
Ya can't fix stupid

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Very few people posted in the ways you find so objectionable. Such posts moreover didn't gain great favor with others.

By contrast, you've written with passion against these offensive posts more frequently and with greater passion than any of them were offered. It's not worth getting so worked up over, because it's not a true roiling controversy.

Without lowering your vehemence on this topic, you risk being seen as being no more capable of letting it go than CV is to resist taking ill-advised shots. Let that sink in, and consider the possibility of being the power of example to him and others whose old habits die hard.

Reaction Score
I said this in another thread and I will say it here, THIS IS A TEAM SPORT. This is no indication of Vital's talent or ability. In his time, most of the recruited players have transferred or in Diarra's case, retired due to physical issues(his recruiting class is basically all gone). He continues to play hard for this university. He will forever be a favorite of mine because, during these low points, he never quit.
So we’re agreeing his talent was never meant for this role? Recruiting class jumping ship put him in a role he wasn’t intended for. nice top player on a .500 team. we on same page?

Reaction Score
These are the players with a higher TO rate than Vital:

Brendan Adams
Alterique Gilbert
James Bouknight
Sidney Wilson
Josh Carlton
Jalen Gaffney

He has the lowest TO rate of any guard while having the most opportunities to turn it over (He's used on the highest amount of possessions). People here see what they want to see.
Yeah they turn it over too much also

Reaction Score
Very few people posted in the ways you find so objectionable. Such posts moreover didn't gain great favor with others.

By contrast, you've written with passion against these offensive posts more frequently and with greater passion than any of them were offered. It's not worth getting so worked up over, because it's not a true roiling controversy.

Without lowering your vehemence on this topic, you risk being seen as being no more capable of letting it go than CV is to resist taking ill-advised shots. Let that sink in, and consider the possibility of being the power of example to him and others whose old habits die hard.
You must be a blast at parties.

Reaction Score
So we’re agreeing his talent was never meant for this role? Recruiting class jumping ship put him in a role he wasn’t intended for. nice top player on a .500 team. we on same page?
He's a way better player than most give him credit for.
If you want to continue to discredit a kids skill and effort because of what's happened around him that's your problem not mine. NO we don't agree.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You must be a blast at parties.
I was offering you a lifeline. There is a way out.

[In the interest of being more authentic, I've deleted content quoted below, and offered more genuine response.]

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Come on, this is just creepy.

You do realize that this is a thread in which people are complimentary toward Vital, right?

I'm suggesting you're blind to your own inability to forgo taking the last shot. And I don't really want that to be just a an ironic observation, but if the shoe fits..

Suggesting in response that I'm no fun at parties didn't deserve a serious response, so I jumped well beyond reality. I could delete the absurdity with ease (yeah, I did). Can you?

You're basically complaining that I'm killing the buzz you get from knocking down others' enthusiasm. Again, sit with it.

If you're half as insightful as you think you are, then there's no good reason for not being a more supportive person of others. You've got the capacity, or at least think you do. That's an opportunity for the kind of mature leadership you wish you'd see from upperclassmen. I challenge you to model it.

And yeah, at parties, kids, pets, old people, shy types, new-in-towns, hosts, acquaintances, and friends find me enjoyable enough company, but I can still feel awkward in larger gatherings if I put too high expectations on myself and think I should be a blast.

Go Huskies.
Go CV!

Reaction Score
Let’s be honest, the second he leaves he will be forgotten. All four of his teams were a laughing stock.
No NCAA tournaments, gotta imagine he has the most Ls since Calhoun.

He’s the personification of the Ollie trash years.

Reaction Score
You do realize that this is a thread in which people are complimentary toward Vital, right?

I'm suggesting you're blind to your own inability to forgo taking the last shot. And I don't really want that to be just a an ironic observation, but if the shoe fits..

Suggesting in response that I'm no fun at parties didn't deserve a serious response, so I jumped well beyond reality. I could delete the absurdity with ease (yeah, I did). Can you?

You're basically complaining that I'm killing the buzz you get from knocking down others' enthusiasm. Again, sit with it.

If you're half as insightful as you think you are, then there's no good reason for not being a more supportive person of others. You've got the capacity, or at least think you do. That's an opportunity for the kind of mature leadership you wish you'd see from upperclassmen. I challenge you to model it.

And yeah, at parties, kids, pets, old people, shy types, new-in-towns, hosts, acquaintances, and friends find me enjoyable enough company, but I can still feel awkward in larger gatherings if I put too high expectations on myself and think I should be a blast.

Go Huskies.
Go CV!
stuartsmalley.jpg

Reaction Score
Some of you folks have some serious issues. Can you not congratulate a kid on his accomplishments and thank him for his heart and hustle without down playing the impact he's had on this program?
People just don't agree with you on how good he is and what his impact on the program is. I personally don't think he would be on good UConn teams from the past and this is the worst 4 years of UConn basketball in the last 40 years. It's not his fault but myself and others don't know why we keep having these threads on him to talk about how hard he plays and how underrated he is.

Reaction Score
People just don't agree with you on how good he is and what his impact on the program is. I personally don't think he would be on good UConn teams from the past and this is the worst 4 years of UConn basketball in the last 40 years. It's not his fault but myself and others don't know why we keep having these threads on him to talk about how hard he plays and how underrated he is.
That's great. Thanks for your opinion. I will continue to share mine. I've never once said he's a legend at Uconn, or anything close. What he has done is play his heart out and lead by example. He's never quit despite how bad things have gotten. Wouldn't you want your child to act in the same way? He has a lot to be proud of. I think we as fans have alot to be thankful for. Without Vital, the last 4 years are not even competitive.

Reaction Score
I don’t get the venom. He was a 3 star recruit and isn’t perfect but he’s the best player on the team so what did people expect? This is almost as bad as the Jalen Adams moving on being addition by subtraction hot takes. How did that work out? It’s going to be difficult to replace Vital’s scoring, rebounding, FT shooting and steals.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I don’t get the venom. He was a 3 star recruit and isn’t perfect but he’s the best player on the team so what did people expect? This is almost as bad as the Jalen Adams moving on being addition by subtraction hot takes. How did that work out? It’s going to be difficult to replace Vital’s scoring, rebounding, FT shooting and steals.
He's not the best player on the team.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I don't get the vitriol folks try to spew on here about him. He has played his heart out and will continue to do so. I love the kid for it. Along the way, he has produced some pretty good all around statistics. He leads by example. He's a great example for this great freshman class. He is exactly who you want on your team. I don't think anyone replaces his defensive tenacity/instincts and steal production. How in the heck does a 6'2 guard lead your team in rebounding? He wants to win so bad. He wants to help his team so bad. Please don't fault him for that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom