Peach Jam Sunday 7/17 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Peach Jam Sunday 7/17

Reaction Score
Bendm has had valid concerns around 2023 recruiting, the Middleton string of events, last min offers, etc. for the past month. And every time he points something out like “does offering a new wing mean we might not be leading for Middleton” people say overreaction or boneyard hysteria. Fact of the matter is the 2023 class had a chance to be a monster class with Bowen, Edwards, Griffith, etc. and we’ve missed on most of our original targets. Doesn’t mean it can’t still be a great class, just means things haven’t gone as planned so far.
After edwards, Bowen, Griffith, who else is being captured in ETC that were original targets we’ve missed on?
(Genuine question if I’m missing someone)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ricker got crucified for lamenting not landing a single local 5*, which is something 100% of us were hoping for, so i came to his defense because it should be a perfectly reasonable topic to post about here without trolling. naturally i'm the one now getting crucified... but bring it on you bootlickers i'm still having fun!
There's a reasonable discussion to have about preferring Griffiths or some other local kid to someone we recruited from outside the northeast. When you take it a step further and start complaining that every northeast kid is better and we droped the ball by not getting them, it's a little more questionable and starts to make me wonder what the motive is. When you then take it a step even further and suggest that the recruits we got have shown nothing to suggest being a top 100 recruit you are no longer living in reality. That's why Ricker got crucified

Reaction Score
After edwards, Bowen, Griffith, who else is being captured in ETC that were original targets we’ve missed on?
(Genuine question if I’m missing someone)
Edwards, Middleton - Miranda was a target at one point although I don’t think we’re out on him yet.

Reaction Score
1) He's reclassifying to 2022 most likely
2) ESPN and 247 Composite have DJ #1
3) GG flipped from UNC to his hometown team after they hired a new coach, not like it's a weird, random choice
4) SC went to a Final Four 5 years ago, not 6-7 years ago. They have more recent success in the NCAA Tournament than UConn does...UConn has 1 tournament win in 6 years. SC has 4.

Don't be a bully when you're not even understanding my point. I follow recruiting. I just speculated that we are missing out on some top targets due to lack of NCAA success. Why is that wrong? I've never trashed this class. If you read my posts, I've praised Castle, Ross and Ball. I'm frustrated we lost Gavin. I'll accept your apology any time.
It's not a crazy take that winning will help, I just don't think it's an important one. I don't think these kids care about that, at least not 5* ones that we're struggling to get. They want to get to the NBA and that's priority number 1, 2, and 3

Reaction Score
of course but we dont want 3* guys that go to high school 3000 miles away at the expense of 5* guys in our backyard.

a top 5 recruiting class in july means diddly and even if we land stewart and coen it would be around #10-15 in a given year not #2 once the other schools fill out their classes. i said i'd be happy with it but we have a long way to go so dont try to tell me offering these guys in july of their senior years' was the plan all along. as opposed to the past couple years there is some apparent scrambling going on i'm allowed to point it out.

Scramble is such a bad take. You pivot to others as its all part of the process. Hurley and them expect this to happen as it does to all coaches. Typical BY some people will always look to complain when things are going good.

So we are #2 in July, sorry if thats not good enough for you and you're high standards. We will be top 10 when all said and done yet I'm sure you will complain but follow up with I'm this is an awesome class lol. I'll take Stewart over so many of these local kids you're talking about after watching him play this week. Kid is a walking bucket.

Also, when was last time we landed a 5 star, not last year or year before, a long time ago. Griffiths and his pops love Pickell nothing you can do, thats recruiting. You say scramble like they are desperate.

Reaction Score
Edwards, Middleton - Miranda was a target at one point although I don’t think we’re out on him yet.
Ok, I never saw Middleton as an Original Target. His name seemed to pop up recently around the time we got connected to Solo & them. It just seemed to move fast once connected. (Offered June 6)

Reaction Score
Ok, I never saw Middleton as an Original Target. His name seemed to pop up recently around the time we got connected to Solo & them. It just seemed to move fast once connected. (Offered June 6)
I believe before we were out on Edwards we were in Middleton’s top 5 outta nowhere it seemed. And after all these recruits being offered I am wanting Stewart.

Griffiths said we were on him hard and he decided for a bottom B1G school, his loss. Everything works out and if Stewart or Carr commit this will be a strong class with some guys being immediate impact and others more developmental…can’t get everyone because they don’t want to sit behind better players (and we will have better upperclassmen players if they decide to stay)

Reaction Score

Middleton and UConn weren’t even linked until he dropped a final 5 with them in it.

Teams swoop in to watch, offer, and sign a kid all the time. It’s not scrambling, especially when it’s July of 2022 and three ‘23s are already signed and the only reason they’re looking to sign more is because they expect multiple guys to go pro.

Reaction Score
Middleton and UConn weren’t even linked until he dropped a final 5 with them in it.

Teams swoop in to watch, offer, and sign a kid all the time. It’s not scrambling, especially when it’s July of 2022 and three ‘23s are already signed and the only reason they’re looking to sign more is because they expect multiple guys to go pro.
They offered him a year before he released his top 5

Reaction Score
here watching team melo take on boo williams . Luke murray and chris paul are here as well
B1BBD62F-B9A3-46DF-850F-AE7468FB984A.jpeg

Reaction Score
Watching the Livestream now and Ball went to the right for a layup or dunk but chose his left and missed. His long arms and 2nd jump are insane. Ball is 2-4 since i started watching all layups. Just shot an awful corner airball three.

Reaction Score
It's not a crazy take that winning will help, I just don't think it's an important one. I don't think these kids care about that, at least not 5* ones that we're struggling to get. They want to get to the NBA and that's priority number 1, 2, and 3
I don't necessarily disagree -- but I think it's more if a chicken or the egg scenario though. Does winning get 5* kids or do 5* kids result in winning?

Reaction Score
Not a game worth watching for me, unfortunately. I checked out mid-way through the 3rd. 30-point blowout loss for Melo. This isn't a basketball game any more.

Solo has 4/2/2.... 2/10 from the field. 0/2 from deep, 0/2 from FT. I hope he sits the rest of the game to avoid any stupid injuries. He's barely trying outside of an attempt at a highlight dunk.

Ross was barely playable in the first half because of defense. 0/4 from the field at present with 2 rebounds. Playing now because of his effort. Couple good closeouts, but basically nothing else.

I hate AAU so much.

Reaction Score
I could also be wrong on him being an original target

Reaction Score
Team Melo is awful. Getting blown by 22 after 3 and it was 30 at one point. Their PG just is a turnover machine and they all go one on one. Ball is just always looking to attack. Needs a lot of discipline. Been on bench for a while I don't know if he was benched for a reason but looks like is he played 3 minutes in 3rd quarter and none in the 4th.

Reaction Score
solo hasn’t played since the start of the second half and jayden ross can definitely pass he looks pretty big too and just caught a poster . we should recruit jaylen curry tho he’s insane.

Reaction Score
Glad Solo is going to Brewster this year and should get some good coaching to make up for the awful coaching this summer. Do we know where Ross is going yet? I know when he committed, he said he was looking at some prep schools.

Reaction Score
Glad Solo is going to Brewster this year and should get some good coaching to make up for the awful coaching this summer. Do we know where Ross is going yet? I know when he committed, he said he was looking at some prep schools.

Down to Oak Hill and Long Island Lutheran

Reaction Score
Rutgers finished 4th in the B1G last season.
And he's playing for the biggest branch on the Jim Calhoun coaching tree. Odd that no one in CT seems to mention that.
They’ve been terrible since joining. Good for them last year, they’ve got a good coach who can improve them.

That still doesn’t change the fact in the 8 years they’ve been in that overrated conference that they’ve been a bottom feeder. 2/8 seasons they’ve finished above .500, 1 season at .500, and the other 5 season they have been well below .500

Rutgers Scarlet Knights Index | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Reading through that link it is actually incredible how bad that program has been lol. The past 3 years they’ve won double digit conference games, before that they haven’t had double digit conference wins since ‘91

Reaction Score
Rutgers finished 4th in the B1G last season.
And he's playing for the biggest branch on the Jim Calhoun coaching tree. Odd that no one in CT seems to mention that.
So being 4th best team in the Big14 gets you a play in game in the NCAA's. Not sure would be touting that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom