Pats release Antonio Brown | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pats release Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes, bend the rules. The Yankees and MLB just put Domingo Germán on the shelf for possible domestic abuse, he slapped his “wife”. Out for the season. This guy was accused of rape and threatening and they signed him.

Yes, and the Patriots cut Antonio Brown!!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
You didn’t see the Giants or the Jets sign him, the Patriots were there and waiting to pounce. Knew he was scum, didn’t care. The funny thing is that they needed him the LEAST of any team in football. Belichek then runs off and refuses to answer direct questions. Spygate, deflategate, massagegate, Hernandez, And now Antonio. Vetting process needs updating.

You sure they "knew" he was scum? EVERYBODY, knew he was a headcase. But scum? Didn't the first rape allegation happen AFTER he became a Patriot?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You didn’t see the Giants or the Jets sign him, the Patriots were there and waiting to pounce. Knew he was scum, didn’t care. The funny thing is that they needed him the LEAST of any team in football. Belichek then runs off and refuses to answer direct questions. Spygate, deflategate, massagegate, Hernandez, And now Antonio. Vetting process needs updating.

Oh please. Do we really have to bring up the Giants and Mara knowingly signing a wife abuser? And don't get me started on the Jets.

This is the NFL bro. The old maxim goes "we're all whores to talent".

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I thought Hill punched his 3 year old and when his GF said the 3 year old was terrified of him, he then said “you should be too”.

He and Brown are both trouble. I’m not finding much difference.

Both are terrible. The huge difference is Hill knew how to calm down, shut up and get his
money. Brown did the opposite and threw away generational wealth and maybe his career. Idiot. His entourage should’ve took his phone away.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yes, bend the rules. The Yankees and MLB just put Domingo Germán on the shelf for possible domestic abuse, he slapped his “wife”. Out for the season.

He slapped his women in public, at a team event, in 2019. You're automatically getting sidelined for that.

This guy was accused of rape and threatening and they signed him.

This is why Pats fans laugh. You guys just run with BS. It's been reported that neither the Pats, nor the NFL, were aware of any of the rape allegations before signing them.

They knew he was a D - bag for sure. But not an alleged rapist.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Both are terrible. The huge difference is Hill knew how to calm down, shut up and get his money. Brown did the opposite and threw away generational wealth and maybe his career. Idiot. His entourage should’ve took his phone away.

I laughed at that. Shouldn't have. But did.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
1) I wonder if he keeps his 9m sign on bonus. Doesn't seem like he did anything to legally NOT deserve that.
2) I wonder if the Pats dug up something about his rape charges and got out before the stuff hit the fan.
3) I hope the Jets sign him and start him Sunday.

Latest on the bonus is:

Antonio Brown likely forfeits $9M signing bonus from Patriots because of a contract clause calling for players to disclose situations preventing availability, per league source. This could lead to a grievance, but source says that money is 'gone.' Brown was due $5M Monday - Jeremy Fowler

C

Chief00

Chief went from being a lifelong Giants fan to a Patriots fan because of the Brown signing, Belichick showed him it's all about winning.
Exactly right. I do like a focus on winning and I think the Giants the last 5 years have been focused on keeping Eli happy.
As for Brown, in my opinion, I do agree he’s a bad guy in some important ways. But that’s my opinion. I don’t think a guy should lose his livelihood because of my opinion formulated from reading media stories. I am always consistent on this regardless of race, politics, etc of the accused.
What I would prefer is to let these things follow due process. In this situation, he has not been charged with a crime yet.
I would support waiving him if he was found guilty of a crime. I might even support suspending him if under indictment.
You either follow the system of justice or you don’t.

Bost4

Mr. to you...
Reaction Score
Latest on the bonus is:

Antonio Brown likely forfeits $9M signing bonus from Patriots because of a contract clause calling for players to disclose situations preventing availability, per league source. This could lead to a grievance, but source says that money is 'gone.' Brown was due $5M Monday - Jeremy Fowler
I believe you are correct for this year’s salary cap purposes. They will receive a credit next season if the final determination (NFL/NFLPA) is the Pats don’t owe his signing bonus from this year.

PatsCap: Breaking down the salary cap implications of Antonio Brown's release | Boston Sports Journal (paywall)

“Since the CBA says “in the event that a Club receives a refund from the player of any previously-paid Salary, or the Club fails to pay any previously allocated portion of a signing bonus (including any amount treated as signing bonus), such amount as has previously been included in Team Salary shall be credited to the Club’s Team Salary for the next League Year” Brown’s 2019 $4.75 million signing bonus proration will remain on the Patriots salary cap and any credit will hit the Patriots 2020 cap.”
“Therefore, Brown’s minimum 2019 dead money will be $5,073,333.”

Reaction Score
You must not have actually watched the video.
I don't understand. I saw the video. Hunt did push her down and did kick her. The only thing that prevented this from becoming a total Ray Rice video (or worse) was that there were other people there to restrain Hunt. It's not like he was trying to restrain himself.

Reaction Score
I don't understand. I saw the video. Hunt did push her down and did kick her. The only thing that prevented this from becoming a total Ray Rice video (or worse) was that there were other people there to restrain Hunt. It's not like he was trying to restrain himself.
Women can’t just toss around racial slurs and put their hands on men and not expect consequences. Equal rights means equal lefts.

Unfortunately, Kareem fell victim to the ‘me too’ era that we’re currently living through.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I know he said he was at the urinal, but did he say anything about taking a piss?
1569158804259.png

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Man, this guy's cheese has fallen off his cracker. Any concussions in his past?

Reaction Score
I agree with some of your observations but you have to be a tough enough man to let the b*tches hit you and never hit back. You can try to hold them off or keep at a distance. Sure, some will take advantage of that unlevel playing field but that’s how Chief was raised back in the hood days.
Wow, I was quite drunk last night lmao!
I’m going to go ahead and walk back my stance here. Though I still do believe Hunt got more punishment than he deserved.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Man, this guy's cheese has fallen off his cracker. Any concussions in his past?

Probably a bunch. Probably naturally narcissistic diva too.

But you've gotta admit, "different strokes for different folks" is a great line in context.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Wow, I was quite drunk last night lmao!
I’m going to go ahead and walk back my stance here. Though I still do believe Hunt got more punishment than he deserved.

I thought it was an odd hill to die on. That said, I think it's the other guys who aren't getting punished enough.

Reaction Score
First, I saw AB's Tweets and that's a guy who wants to take no responsibility for his own action, shows no remorse for what may have happened (there's proof that at least 2 of the incidents took place) and is blaming everyone else for his actions.

Second, I am tied of the Pats and their 'Patriot's Way.' The Pat's 'Way' is about 1 thing - wining and their willingness to turn a blind eye to everything else, like Antonio 'Pants Down' Brown, Hernandez, etc.

Third, the NFL also owns this, too. Players like Brown, Hunt, etc. who have been alleged to have assulted and beyond women, kids and others keep getting signed by teams every year while Kaepernick, who was a decnet QB at the time and better than some of the folks playing QB today, can't even get a call although he has hurt no one and has done nothing illegal (politics aside).

Reaction Score
I almost wonder if it's compliant with the terms of owning an NFL team that they can choose to not answer questions about official decisions and transactions under their roof.

They signed AB. They cut him. There are questions surrounding the 11 days he was there. But Belichick can just say "I'm not answering" and walk away?

Reaction Score
He slapped his women in public, at a team event, in 2019. You're automatically getting sidelined for that.

This is why Pats fans laugh. You guys just run with BS. It's been reported that neither the Pats, nor the NFL, were aware of any of the rape allegations before signing them.

They knew he was a D - bag for sure. But not an alleged rapist.
They knew he was an alleged rapist and then played him. They are the only professional sports team who employed a serial killer, I give them props for cutting ties with the serial killer once they found out about his killings though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom