Pats release Antonio Brown | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pats release Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Haven't found much on the bonus, but

I don't think the Pats have paid anything yet, from the last thing I read.

I'm betting AB is out of the NFL for the rest of the year at minimum.

Reaction Score
Belichick didn't collude to get Brown and they had no idea he's a really bad guy, he also had no clue Aaron Hernandez is a really bad guy. Patriots fans weren't happy about the Brown signing and didn't cheer for him last Sunday.

Reaction Score
I mean, AB is a completely different case, because he's a whack-job, but Tyreek Hill "allegedly" beat his pregnant girlfriend, then he "allegedly" beat her again AND his son that she was pregnant with the first time he "allegedly" beat her. Then was caught on tape "allegedly" threatening her. They're both "allegedly" pieces of garbage and neither should be in the league.
From what I know about Tyreke Hill he should not be playing, from what I know about Brown he should not be playing. I know very little about the Domingo German situation but if the little I heard is true he should not be playing.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Patriots fans weren't happy about the Brown signing and didn't cheer for him last Sunday.

If this refers to me earlier in the thread, my crystal clear, timestamped proof against that is directly above.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
From what I know about Tyreke Hill he should not be playing, from what I know about Brown he should not be playing. I know very little about the Domingo German situation but if the little I heard is true he should not be playing.

All true. Throw guys like Kareem Hunt and a bunch of others in there too.

Reaction Score
1) I wonder if he keeps his 9m sign on bonus. Doesn't seem like he did anything to legally NOT deserve that.
2) I wonder if the Pats dug up something about his rape charges and got out before the stuff hit the fan.
3) I hope the Jets sign him and start him Sunday.
2) He's accused of raping a woman multiple times, he's publicly threatening another woman he's accused of sexually harassing, and he's acted insane for the better part of the last 2-3 years.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They'll get K'Neal Harry back mid season. No worries. Gives them time to check out Jakobi Meyers.

And get more O-linemen lol

Yeah, I didn’t think they’d sign him because they are stacked at WR anyway really.

Reaction Score
1) I wonder if he keeps his 9m sign on bonus. Doesn't seem like he did anything to legally NOT deserve that.
2) I wonder if the Pats dug up something about his rape charges and got out before the stuff hit the fan.

Why do you want a potential rapist to get signed and play? Don't you think he has lost the benefit of the doubt with his behavior + text messages?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
The Patriots didn’t know he was a lunatic? Right. Classy organization.
They took a chance with Hernandez and that didn't work out too well either.

Reaction Score
The funniest thing is the fans of all the other NFL teams that tried to sign him, after Oakland released him acting like their teams are on higher moral ground. I remember reading the Seahawks, Brown's and Jet's had offered significantly more money than the Patriots.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

The texts last night were more than enough to release him. He intimidated a woman by sending one of his flunkies Eric B to look into her and combined it with a photo of her children. No NFL team could possibly condone a guy who uses children to intimidate a woman. Unreal.

Reaction Score
I love when people throw around the word "classy" when they talk about professional sports.
You didn’t see the Giants or the Jets sign him, the Patriots were there and waiting to pounce. Knew he was scum, didn’t care. The funny thing is that they needed him the LEAST of any team in football. Belichek then runs off and refuses to answer direct questions. Spygate, deflategate, massagegate, Hernandez, And now Antonio. Vetting process needs updating.

Reaction Score
They are really the same. Both were threatening to women--neither criminal.
They both are on the David Meggett level and like Meggett, will end up spending decades in prison if they're not careful.

Reaction Score
You didn’t see the Giants or the Jets sign him, the Patriots were there and waiting to pounce. Knew he was scum, didn’t care. The funny thing is that they needed him the LEAST of any team in football. Belichek then runs off and refuses to answer direct questions. Spygate, deflategate, massagegate, Hernandez, And now Antonio. Vetting process needs updating.

The Patriot Way has nothing to do with model citizenry or off field behavior. It was never about that.

For every Albert Haynesworth and Antonio Brown, they've landed a Corey Dillon or Randy Moss.

I guarantee you Belichick will continue to do what he has always done.

Reaction Score
I am not sure about the Giants, but the Jets were one of the teams that offered him $15million after being cut by the Raiders.

Reaction Score
Turn in tomorrow to ESPN for another chapter of "As Antonio Turns", the continuing drama of the adventures of a wide receiver diva as he navigates through the complex legal system hoping to find a place where he is unconditionally loved.

Reaction Score
I thought Hill punched his 3 year old and when his GF said the 3 year old was terrified of him, he then said “you should be too”.

He and Brown are both trouble. I’m not finding much difference.

Reaction Score
The Patriot Way has nothing to do with model citizenry or off field behavior. It was never about that.

For every Albert Haynesworth and Antonio Brown, they've landed a Corey Dillon or Randy Moss.

I guarantee you Belichick will continue to do what he has always done.
Yes, bend the rules. The Yankees and MLB just put Domingo Germán on the shelf for possible domestic abuse, he slapped his “wife”. Out for the season. This guy was accused of rape and threatening and they signed him.

Reaction Score

No offense but this is just dumb. We didn't see the Jets sign him? Why the ____ would he want to play for the Jets? He said last spring that he wanted to go to KC or NE before he got dealt to Oakland. Pete Carroll is on record that they tried to sign him. San Fran tried to sign him. Kansas City wanted him.

Only nine year olds think professional sports are some kind of morality play.

Did I relish the idea of Antonio Brown playing for the team I root for? Not particularly, but would it have made them going 19-0 any less enjoyable? Not really. I'm not trying to be friends with these guys and they're not role models for my kids. There are plenty of bad dudes in pro sports, including on teams you root for. These teams are constructed to win games and make money. A team like the Jets just happens to be terrible at the first one. Don't think it's because they're more moral than anyone else.

By the way, MLB, not the Yankees, put German on the shelf. And it wasn't for "possible" domestic abuse. He slapped his wife at an MLB event in front of someone from the commissioner's office.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Patriots are kinda uniquely rotten from the top down, but I'd have been fine with the Vikings signing Brown on the day the Raiders cut him.

I guess the Patriots were just faster with their offer - they probably made it in like July or something. It was a good effort, but I guess you can't always have a happy ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom