Pats release Antonio Brown | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Pats release Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I almost wonder if it's compliant with the terms of owning an NFL team that they can choose to not answer questions about official decisions and transactions under their roof.

They signed AB. They cut him. There are questions surrounding the 11 days he was there. But Belichick can just say "I'm not answering" and walk away?

???

They explicitly said they cut him because of his threatening emails to the woman last week.

Reaction Score
???

They explicitly said they cut him because of his threatening emails to the woman last week.

It's a fair to ask questions like "How has releasing him impacted your practices?" Belichick just decides that if he doesn't feel like answering anything he doesn't have to. I feel like there's an obligation to answer things to a degree.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It's a fair to ask questions like "How has releasing him impacted your practices?" Belichick just decides that if he doesn't feel like answering anything he doesn't have to. I feel like there's an obligation to answer things to a degree.
Not a chance he would answer that to your satisfaction. Brown was released on Friday after practice. Belichick can't tell the future.

The team put out official statements about his signing, issues while on the team, and his release. In addition, I don't think Belichick is require to answer any questions about non-Patriots.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They knew he was an alleged rapist and then played him.

You can't expect NFL teams to not play anybody who's accused of something. Otherwise, it would be one of the biggest tactics of opposing teams. Big playoff game? Accuse the opposing QB of rape. He sits. Game over.

Once more evidence comes out, then you can act. Those txts became available on Friday, so they cut him.

They are the only professional sports team who employed a serial killer, I give them props for cutting ties with the serial killer once they found out about his killings though.

Yeah, that sure reflects on their character. It's not like the Patriots culture creates serial killers.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I almost wonder if it's compliant with the terms of owning an NFL team that they can choose to not answer questions about official decisions and transactions under their roof.
They signed AB. They cut him. There are questions surrounding the 11 days he was there. But Belichick can just say "I'm not answering" and walk away?

Guy was on the team for 11 days. He was a bigger sh1tburger than they thought. So they cut him. Now he's not part of the plan.

It's not like coaches are obliged to answer questions about practice in detail. Most specifically don't. "good week of practice. we're ready to go. good game plan. see you on sunday".

All Belichick's responses are the same anyway. Just generic BS.

Reaction Score

I really don't care about all that press conference stuff. It's much more important for a coach to prepare them to play. And if that means he believes the AB thing is a distraction for his players, then a coach should do the #1 thing he's there to do: prepare to win. Having reporters constantly bringing up AB, especially when the question doesn't even make much sense since the guy was only on the team for less than a week, is a distraction.

Reaction Score

Since they haven't practiced, how can he possibly answer that question?

Reaction Score
Man, this guy's cheese has fallen off his cracker. Any concussions in his past?

I got essentially nothing but people discounting the hit he took from Vontaze Burfict when I mentioned it.

Very easy to find on YouTube

Reaction Score

I assume this is your first week watching sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom