Patrick Ewing gone… | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Patrick Ewing gone…

Reaction Score
I understand why there are big names thrown out there as the new coach and hiring one of them will probably happen but I‘m somewhat surprised that Mike Jones hasn’t even been mentioned.

He‘s a legendary coach in DC with his Dematha history and he, umm..may have been hired at VT because of his connection with Rodney Rice. Rice was hurt most of the year but he played very well in the handful of games that he played in. I think he’s going to be a fantastic college player as the next few years go by. Maybe Rice would follow Jones again, this time back to DC.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Georgetown is a tired, moribund program. There’s no magic there.
Stuff like this is temporary. We were forgotten trash in the American for years, now we’re back like we never left. Program deaths last as long as poor leadership resides over them. The biggest brands just have the easiest time attracting leaders and talent.

Reaction Score

1678417517244.png

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Stuff like this is temporary. We were forgotten trash in the American for years, now we’re back like we never left. Program deaths last as long as poor leadership resides over them. The biggest brands just have the easiest time attracting leaders and talent.
You guys overrate Georgetown. The modern world is dominated by large state universities. GeorgeTown is on borrowed time.

Reaction Score
Pitino is definitely going somewhere. He wants to go out from a major program. Georgetown and St. John’s both religious based schools would hire him after the last fiasco? Are all the nuns and priests just for show?

Reaction Score
Georgetown: Prestigious academic institution, terrible basketball school. The 1980s and 90s were a LONG time ago.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Right, aside from winning a national title.

Reaction Score
Georgetown: Prestigious academic institution, terrible basketball school. The 1980s and 90s were a LONG time ago.
It was and the brand his holding onto the 80s and 90s for dear life

Reaction Score
I don't get the Pitino talk. The guy will be 71 at the start of next season so I doubt he'll want to take on a full rebuild like this. St. John's definitely seems like the better option for him as they're already decent enough for him to build something much more quickly than at GTown.

Reaction Score
I’d be stunned if Pitino isn’t back in the Big East in the next few months. Say what you will of him and his mistakes, the guy is a hell of a basketball coach and i have no doubt he wants to come full circle and finish in the Big East.
And he’s done a damn good job wherever he goes. He’s probably watching this tourney and licking his chops he could be at MSG a year from now.

Reaction Score
Pitino is too old.

The obvious aside, Chris Beard is by far and away the best coaching candidate available for ANY job if you want to win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom