Patrick Ewing gone… | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Patrick Ewing gone…

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Makes me sad. I really wanted Ewing to be successful at Georgetown. I mean he is the symbol and figurehead of the Big East And he seems like an all around good guy. A good Georgetown team is great for the Big East. But he had to go, it simply was not working out, SMH
Difference between all of those things and being an effective coach.

Reaction Score
As long as its not Kimani.

Would like to share in some positively sending Ewing off.

As a Huskies and Boston C's fan, I was always rooting for Ewing to fail on the court against my teams. However, there are some who forget really a great of a player he was. In a way, he was Shaq long before Shaq came around... just a freak of nature at the time. Now, there at re several guys as big as Ewing or bigger. But he was also an athlete. He could run, jump and a pretty good shooter for a big man in his era.

Reaction Score
As long as its not Kimani.

Would like to share in some positively sending Ewing off.

As a Huskies and Boston C's fan, I was always rooting for Ewing to fail on the court against my teams. However, there are some who forget really a great of a player he was. In a way, he was Shaq long before Shaq came around... just a freak of nature at the time. Now, there at re several guys as big as Ewing or bigger. But he was also an athlete. He could run, jump and a pretty good shooter for a big man in his era.
Patrick was unbelievable as a player. A 7 footer who could shoot from the perimeter like that was amazing. Unfortunately he was on bad teams.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It is going to be Cooley.

I wish it was Pitino but it won't be as long as DeGioia is President.
Cooley isn‘t going to Georgetown. That would be like Calhoun leaving UConn for St. John’s.

They need to find a competent young coach who has been successful. Pat Kelsey should be on their list.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Cooley isn‘t going to Georgetown. That would be like Calhoun leaving UConn for St. John’s.

They need to find a competent young coach who has been successful. Pat Kelsey should be on their list.
Georgetown is a top 3 job in this conference. I’m not saying Cooley would take it, but he’d absolutely pick the phone up.

Reaction Score
I’d rather coach PC. The recruiting scene at the New England preps is more pleasant. Plenty of nice country drives to see prospects. Providence is a very livable city with great food, character and far fewer hassles than a large city. Aside from that, Cooley is a Providence guy.

Georgetown and SJU should fight it out for Slick Rick. The loser should hire a young up and comer.

Reaction Score
He’s from Providence. It’s his hometown. This is his dream job. The difference in jobs with Georgetown is negligible.
But it is not.

The two brands are not comparable, nor is the ceiling for each program.

I understand what you are saying about Cooley, I am just saying there is a lot of smoke. Could be a move out of the Jim Harbaugh playbook just to get a raise or could have merit. We will see.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He’s from Providence. It’s his hometown. This is his dream job. The difference in jobs with Georgetown is negligible.
That’s like saying the difference between UConn and providence is negligible. Cooley was a candidate for our job last time, there’s a huge difference.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That’s like saying the difference between UConn and providence is negligible. Cooley was a candidate for our job last time, there’s a huge difference.
Georgetown is a tired, moribund program. There’s no magic there.

Reaction Score
I don‘t care if Georgetown ever wins another game.

But I feel badly for Ewing. Unlike almost every other NBA player who became a college coach, he actually wanted to do the job. Unfortunately, he was really, really bad at it.
Agree with this. I like Ewing. He can't coach at this level though, yet. I was really hoping he'd be good.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Time to put the Ewing Theory to the test again!

Reaction Score
I didn’t follow the program after we left the BE, but why did they get rid of John Thompson III years ago?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Is Ralph Dalton replacing him?
dikembe mutombo no GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members