Paterno Just Fired | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Paterno Just Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
As others have said, they had no choice but to let him go. Sad to see his "Legacy" end this way.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Did they fire McCreary too?

This is a grotesque situation that was allowed to happen by a bunch of different grown men.

But for some reason, I keep wanting to punch McCreary moreso than anyone else.

From what I understand after all the articles and what's available he actually saw what happened. He was a 22 year grad assistant and a prior QB. Putting on blinders and thinking idealistically, he earned the right to lead his peers in workouts and in the huddle and had the first chance to stand up for what is right at a very young age. Instead of acting courageously and correctly, he shrunk. Ffucckk him. I wish him nothing less than a tormented soul and pain and agony his whole life.

At his age he was old enough, educated enough and strong enough, but he acted cowardly.

First off, he could have physically stopped what he saw and beat the snot out of Sandusky. Secondly, once he made the decision to report, it should have been as graphic and specific as possible. Finally, after making a verbal report upline and still seeing that Sandusky having access to kids, he should have gone to the police.

Point blank, he is the only adult witness to any of the crimes and IF what we know is true all he did was give a sanitized version of what happened to his immediate boss and didn't follow up on it.

Reaction Score
Is there a chance that the AD and the VP try and cut a deal and imply Joe knew more and lied to the grand jury?

Wouldn't be the first time someone tried to save their ass.

Reaction Score
psufootblog Collegian Footblog
Joe Paterno has just come out to address the crowd. Urged the students to "go study" and pray for the victims.

Reaction Score
I am totally shocked this is just crazy, if this happened to Calhoun im sure we would react the same way. I really would have liked to have seen Paterno finish out the season but it was the right decision. Bradley was already the HC. Mcqueary should be gone too btw. There are so many victims in this case aside from just the victims of course the paterno family, alumni, the players especially the seniors. Lets remember not defending paterno at all but he isnt the one who is being charged with the rape charges.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
and a media truck just got flipped.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly says Paterno is not a target of the investigation into how the school handled the accusations. But she refuses to say the same for university President Graham Spanier. Curley and Schultz, who have stepped down from their positions, surrender on charges that they failed to alert police to complaints against Sandusky

Reaction Score
McCreary was 28 and yes I would also like to punch him in the face. I'm also fuming when I find out that Sandusky's bail was $100,000 and he only had to put up 10% of it to be bailed out. This bastard raped tons of kids over decades and he gets to sleep in his own bed at night and is basically allowed to off himself, wouldn't shock me if he goes after more kids.

RS9999X

Reaction Score
This is a grotesque situation that was allowed to happen by a bunch of different grown men.

But for some reason, I keep wanting to punch McCreary moreso than anyone else.

He was a 22 year grad assistant and a prior QB. .

28 Years Old. He first played for PSU in 1994 and enrolled in 1993. He graduated, coached elsewhere and came back as a grad assistant

<<
Mr. Paterno issued a statement Sunday night acknowledging that Mr. McQueary, then a 28-year-old graduate assistant, came to him with information about Mr. Sandusky, but denied he was told the graphic details contained in a state grand jury report. Mr. Paterno and Mr. McQueary have not been charged

Reaction Score
Judging by the entire country seeing this ridiculous riot via live feed, I'm pretty sure my UConn degree just became more valuable than a Penn St. degree

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
some stupid jerk just lit a newspaper on fire

Reaction Score
There's no proof of any coverup at this point and certainly none concerning Joe. .

Seriously? A police officer was quoted as saying this is the worst cover-up he has seen in his career.

Reaction Score
hey state u students, remember who the real victims are here, hint it ain't Joe Pa. Mccreary should be fired too immediately; to witness a young kid being raped and not helping, intervening is despicable and makes my blood boil

Reaction Score
Some funny stuff being posted over on the psu board.

The State attorney general said the proper authorities were not contacted.

So you're saying a conversation like this existed ...

State College Police Officer: We have a report from JoePa that his assistant was alone in the shower with what appeared to be a 10 year old boy
State College Police Chief: Well, that's great and all, because aww shucks I really like JoePa and trust the old guy, but we really can't do anything until the school administrator and AD come forward and verify.
SCPO: Oh.

Chief (makes phone call to administration): Say, uh, fellas, Joe filed a report that ... well, that there was some 'horsing around' going on between old Jerry and an ... unrelated 10-year old boy ... in the shower.
Administrator: Weird. Must have been a false report. You know old Joe and his crazy stories!
Chief: Uh, well, yeah. That's what's so weird. Almost reminded me of the last time Jerry had a similar incident, you know, back in 1999, when he was fir ...
Administrator: ... that's enough! Jerry wasn't fired, he retired!

Several weeks later ...
Sandusky: Say, Joe, I was wondering if I could use some of the satellite facilities to house my little boys ... err ... my underprivileged youth program.
Joe: Why of course, Jerry. And thanks for stopping by the campus. It's so nice to have you around. Say, would you like to babysit the grandkids? Oh, and whatever happened with that alleged rape I forwarded onto the administration and State Police? Did they ever follow up?

DO YOU GET IT YET!?!??!?!? DO YOU KNOW WHAT A MORAL COMPASS IS!?

Listen, I get that this entire situation ******.* But the victim isn't JoePa. The ONLY victims are these little boys that had everything robbed from them, and JoePa didn't act. Everyone, JoePa included, put the institution's integrity and reputation before the innocence of children.

Reaction Score
For those who realize firing Joe Paterno was the right thing to do.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-don...Paterno/101895989926673?Steven Krajewski=info

Reaction Score
Paterno blew it this morning by not resigning today. His sons are giving him horrible advice.

"Beat Nebraska"

Yeah right.

Paterno blew it multiple times over 20 years. If Paterno does the right thing just once over the last 20 years there is no resigning, no listening to his sons, no BOT meeting, and no riot. He could have been a responsible, decent human being to numerous tortured 10 year old boys and brought integrity to the PSU program.

Paterno chose this outcome for himself.

"Beat Nebraska" was important to him back then ... and "Beat Nebraska" is important to him now.

Reaction Score
This Trustee is earning his keep. These questions are rapid fire and he's walking a fine line between providing info and not breaching confidentiality.
That trustee is John Surma the CEO of US Steel, likely not a coincidence they are having him make the statement given his/his companies ties to the state. For what it's worth he is also one of the nicest people you will ever meet, that couldn't have been easy to do.

Reaction Score
That trustee is John Surma the CEO of US Steel, likely not a coincidence they are having him make the statement given his/his companies ties to the state. For what it's worth he is also one of the nicest people you will ever meet, that couldn't have been easy to do.

Agreed. I thought he was generous in answering so many ridiculous questions. Some of the answers were even a little smart alecky but in a justified sort of way.

RS9999X

Reaction Score
Paterno will come out of this smelling like a rose.

An important point will get made -- treating such allegations internally is not acceptable. Paterno's best advice would be to tell McQueary to take it straight to the police and leave a paper trail.

Timely Reporting is the answer to all such scandals. Kids need to be told to do the timely reporting thing and tell their parents and authorities when they get 'queered on' and sexually harrassed.

Reaction Score
Paterno will come out of this smelling like a rose.

No, he won't, nor will anyone connected to this mess. His legacy will be badly tarnished. Ironically this was all done in large part to protect his legacy.

Reaction Score
Here's an ironic little twist on the Penn State story.

"Teachers Fired for Reporting Abuse"

Two teachers, including a former teacher of the year, are suing the Catholic Archdiocese of Miami, claiming they were fired for reporting suspected sex abuse involving the principal and a seventh grade girl. Chanell Morello and Lynn Hoffman immediately contacted the Florida Department of Children and Families and the Miami Archdiocese after the student made Morello aware of an incident allegedly involving St. Anthony Catholic School principal Norma Kramer. The principal lifted the student's skirt, "exposing her bare buttocks and genital area to a school employee and another student," according to the complaint."This is all about protecting kids," said Jeff Herman, a lawyer for the two dismissed teachers. "These women did just that, even though it cost them their jobs." The Miami Archdiocese sent a statement saying it has not seen the lawsuit and is unable to comment, but stressed that the diocese requires "mandatory reporting of inappropriate behavior." The suit is in contrast to the turmoil at Penn State University, where two officials face criminal charges and football coach Joe Paterno has resigned for-- not reporting --suspected acts of sex abuse against boys to police. The university president will also be ousted, sources told ABC News.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom