Paterno Just Fired | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paterno Just Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Riot police have been dispatched to JoePa's home; angry crowds can be heard chanting ' Sandusky' and ' the Trustees.

He had to go, but I really hope Happy Valley doesn't implode tonight...

Reaction Score
This was the only outcome their BOT had. There was no way they could let him represent the Institution again. The great ones usually go down hard, but this is beyond. I feel for the children and their families. I hope they aren't forgotten in the rush to cry for Mr. Paterno.

Reaction Score
What about the dignity of all those kids? How can they not see that?
Exactly. They were frothing all week . Now the deed is done and they howl and protest. Pathetic all around. The worst of human behavior all around the table.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
im sorry but i can't believ the students are acting like this. do they not realize what actually happened here. they might as well call it occupy psu becuase its all bullcraap if they act like this.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
some 1 explain to me the story of the AG please? he went missing or something? tied into this?

Reaction Score
These local hacks are a joke

"Did you consider how the students would feel?". Are you kidding me with this ish?

Not local hacks though. You're talking about a very rural area.
York, Harrisburg, Bucks County, Pittsburgh, etc. That's where the reporters are from. The Centre Daily Times is a rinky-dink newspaper.

Reaction Score
some 1 explain to me the story of the AG please? he went missing or something? tied into this?

In 1998, the local DA investigated Sandusky and actually had a sting operation against him (i.e. undercover cops hidden in ahome where Sandusky was confronted by a parent). That DA disappeared in 2004 or 2005 (his hardrive on his computer was erased) and his car was found at the same spot (a gorge overlooking a river) where his brother had committed suicide a year earlier. Subsequently, the new DA turned over all information on Sandusky (I am not sure but there may have been a continuing investigation as recently as 2005) to the state attorney general citing a rule describing "conflict of interest." That conflict was never made public, whatever it was. The AG at the time was Tom Corbett, the current governor. The investigation by the AG kicked off when Sandusky was caught while coaching as a non-paid assistant for a high school team.

Reaction Score
im sorry but i can't believ the students are acting like this. do they not realize what actually happened here. they might as well call it occupy psu becuase its all bullcraap if they act like this.

There are 50,000 students on campus. That's a lot of people.

Reaction Score
I know the whole situation with the children is horrible and everything, but part of me is sitting back in shock and awe over the implosion of penn state and that community. This is BIG.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
wow this just keeps getting worse. the AG story seems like its a whole nother chapter....thanks for the link jar and the recap upstate. i really hope the students don't do anything stupid 2night.

Reaction Score
PSU Scout board is delusional. I get that their program is going through hell and it's an emotional time, but their blind allegiance for JoePa is beyond reason. Now he's the victim and everyone else from the media, BOT, janitor that didn't report to police, etc. is to blame. Not to mention the students on the verge of rioting tonight they're so amped up. They really must live in a fishbowl.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Jay Bilas correctly referred to this mess as a "conspiracy of cowards." Finally, the right decision is made by someone associated with this university. The BOT did the right thing.

Reaction Score
PSU Scout board is delusional. I get that their program is going through hell and it's an emotional time, but their blind allegiance for JoePa is beyond reason. Now he's the victim and everyone else from the media, BOT, janitor that didn't report to police, etc. is to blame. Not to mention the students on the verge of rioting tonight they're so amped up. They really must live in a fishbowl.

It's just venting. The cap blew off for many people who likely have poured a ton of money into it over the years. It's pathetic, yes, but now they finally have a target to vent at after a week of straight angst. BOT and media are a convenient target since there's no one else around to blame.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The board made the prudent decision so as to minimize legal and public relations fall out.

There's no proof of any coverup at this point and certainly none concerning Joe. This action makes a statement that Penn State views the charges seriously.

I understand the Penn State Board. This was a legal precaution and a no tolerance statement on child abuse conducted in PSU facilities.

The Joe Pa haters will make the firing out to be somethinf else. Joe would be in jail tonight if 1% of what the Joe Pa haters are saying is true.

Yes, Joe got burned but these things happen in a situation like this.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
cnn just showed some students. chanting joepa and fireworks. hope its nothing more than that.

Reaction Score
wow this just keeps getting worse. the AG story seems like its a whole nother chapter....thanks for the link jar and the recap upstate. i really hope the students don't do anything stupid 2night.

I just learned that Corbett is on the board of trustees.

So, the chief investigator is also on PSU's board. Not to mention that Schultz was head of PSU police at the time in 1998 and 2002.

Reaction Score
If Paterno has any sense of responsibility, he should be out with a statement asking people to keep calm and suporting the decision. That would be the right thing to do at this point.

Reaction Score
Will not coach another game - per the Penn State Board. So guy Jim Gardner reporting it via twitter Im glad the Board of Trustees did the right thing.
Did they fire McCreary too?

Reaction Score
It's just venting. The cap blew off for many people who likely have poured a ton of money into it over the years. It's pathetic, yes, but now they finally have a target to vent at after a week of straight angst. BOT and media are a convenient target since there's no one else around to blame.
Not quite... from scout "burn the whole plave down now...the only thing we ever had is gone screw psu from here on out.....i love you coach" -lion31

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Gregg Doyel @greggdoyelcbs Gregg Doyel Down goes the first light post. Crowd cheers this mighty victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom