Pascal Chukwu | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Pascal Chukwu

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Assuming there's no one else available for this season (which I doubt there is), I'd rather bring him in. Odds are they won't be able to fill the 6 or 7 scholarships they'll have open following the 15-16 season entirely with polished/highly ranked players. They're off to a good start with Larrier and Diarra plus interest from others, but with that big of a class to fill I'd rather take a guy like Chukwu while we can get him.
we'll have 6 after this upcoming season? i thought it was like 4, maybe 5 if hamilton leaves?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
we'll have 6 after this upcoming season? i thought it was like 4, maybe 5 if hamilton leaves?
I should have been more specific. We have one currently open and I was sort of counting Larrier as part of next year's class so to speak. Then 4 seniors makes 6 openings that we effective had for next year (since we weren't going to be able to fill Larrier's spot or the current opening with a player that was currently eligible). Technically we only have 5 open since Larrier is already on the team but I was going from a practical stand point.

As is, we have 4 spots left to fill for next year (with Larrier on the team and Diarra already committed). I am also assuming Hamilton will leave which will give us 5 openings still to be filled.

Reaction Score
I'm a little surprised Syracuse is recruiting him. My understanding is that they're at 10 scholarships now, but they have the option to go over that for next season, but that delays the start of the three year scholarship reduction until 2016-2017. They'd be delaying it to get a guy who wouldn't even suit up for them next season. I would've thought Boeheim wanted to get the reductions over with as soon as possible rather than delaying them another year to just get one guy.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I'm a little surprised Syracuse is recruiting him. My understanding is that they're at 10 scholarships now, but they have the option to go over that for next season, but that delays the start of the three year scholarship reduction until 2016-2017. They'd be delaying it to get a guy who wouldn't even suit up for them next season. I would've thought Boeheim wanted to get the reductions over with as soon as possible rather than delaying them another year to just get one guy.
If he's not going to be there in 2018-2019 he might not care.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
If he's not going to be there in 2018-2019 he might not care.

Are you insinuating Boeheim might do something selfish? That would be like giving players bad advice about entering the draft to protect his own record; unthinkable....

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'm not worried about Chukwu or that bum Coleman. Roberson and Lydon do scare me though.

Reaction Score
Should be Coleman vs. Brimah. Chukwu doesn't seem to be getting a lot of PT.
That's the funny thing. Syracuse fans are mad because he played an entire year at PC, sat out a year, and still has developed so little that he can't manage to play even 1 minute against North Florida. I guess the Syracuse coaches suck just like ours do.

Reaction Score
A resounding complete ZERO ...

You can't find one minute for the kid? What does this prove Jimmy B? He would be developing far better at PC and getting real minutes; but, as with many big guys and others over the years, Boeheim really is not the right place for certain kids.

Reaction Score
From a purely hoop standpoint he was much better served to stay at PC. As much I'll get hammered for saying it - I think Cooley has done a good job. He's actually done for PC basketball what Diaco keeps promising to do with UCONN football.

He's changed culture and expectations and actually won a few games. Cooley has talked and delivered and Bob D has just talked.

But I digress.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
That's the funny thing. Syracuse fans are mad because he played an entire year at PC, sat out a year, and still has developed so little that he can't manage to play even 1 minute against North Florida. I guess the Syracuse coaches suck just like ours do.
Yeah, that's it - it's the coaches - they all suck
SMH

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Yeah, that's it - it's the coaches - they all suck
SMH
You have been making this same exact comment in every thread for the last 2 days. If you want me to I'll quote like 6 from the last 48 hours.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
All of Lydon's teeth have rotted out. There's no future in that kid's dream. But, I could be wrong, I could be right.

Not ALL his teeth.

john-lydon-rock-punk-awar-415607.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm not worried about Chukwu or that bum Coleman. Roberson and Lydon do scare me though.

Coleman is like a tank out there - moving pick heaven and pushing in the back on the boards. All depends on how the stripes want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom