Pascal Chukwu | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Pascal Chukwu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If he makes it to our visit I think we may get him. It makes too much sense.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I see him getting a lot of playing time. Certainly wouldn't play over Brimah. And when Brimah graduates, I don't see him playing over Diarra, Enoch, and (hopefully) Zach Brown.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I see him getting a lot of playing time. Certainly wouldn't play over Brimah. And when Brimah graduates, I don't see him playing over Diarra, Enoch, and (hopefully) Zach Brown.
Diarra and Enoch are PF's before they are centers

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We know rankings aren't everything, but keep in mind he was further up than Diarra and Enoch were. Actually, if he transferred here, he would be the frontcourt player rated highest coming out of HS (ESPN had him at No. 61 I believe). The guy is raw and will most likely be a late bloomer, but it's tough to pass on that kind of potential with big men. Over the past 3 or 4 years, we've trotted out Phil Nolan and Tyler Olander as our starting center, so I don't see why someone like him is out of the question. Even as a backup he would be an immense upgrade over either.

Reaction Score
Would really like to see PC land here. I think he will add to our mix and I think it would be positive for him.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how anyone can argue against going after a 7 foot guy with a weird last name, especially considering how well those have worked for us. Give him Amida's minutes last year and his averages would be about 7/7/2, as a freshman, despite his lack of strength, in a conference better than ours. A year of hitting the weights while competing against our frontcourt would do wonders for him.

Reaction Score
I would have to imagine that Drummond would be on campus the day Paschal visits

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
The way KO is going right now, I feel like we're gonna get everyone that visits.

Availability bias at its best. Just remember this when we swing and miss for a few recruits in a row and the board goes into meltdown mode.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I don't see him playing over Diarra, Enoch, and (hopefully) Zach Brown.
Don't discount how valuable an extra year training and practicing with the team will be. Plus he's 7'2".... there will be minutes for him. Remember how different our defense was when Brimah was on the bench? It would be nice to have another guy like that replacing him during those stretches.

Regardless, we have a lot of scholarships opening up next year, especially if anyone leaves for the draft. We have the open spot this year so there's no downside in 15-16. Then it's just a 3 year commitment so even if he doesn't quite pan out it's not like we're getting stuck with 4 years of Mandledove.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Granted a kid can change his mind from when he is late in his freshman year in high school to the end of his freshman year in college but judging from a reasonably long conversation I had with him (along with another, brief one) I am of the opinion that if he does end up visiting Storrs he will be a Husky. I also am of the belief that if the decision had been his we would have signed him out of high school.

Regardless, he is a very good kid and I wish him the best no matter where he ends up.

Reaction Score
Yes he's raw, but some think he may end up a lottery pick. So, if he wants to come here, don't ask twice. Take him.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Boneyard hears Chukwu is transferring: UConn makes a lot of sense, he's an NBA talent

Boneyard hears rumor he doesn't want UConn: Questions talent level or if he'd even produce

Surprise announcement of a UConn visit: He's coming, and he's good again

Reaction Score
Yes he's raw, but some think he may end up a lottery pick. So, if he wants to come here, don't ask twice. Take him.
no way in hell chuckwu ends up a lotto pick. he'd be lucky to end up as good as brimah was last year

Reaction Score
Save the scholarship and get someone else?

There aren't many options left, and certainly none as good as a 4-star, 7'2" center. This is from a couple of weeks ago, and a few of these guys (Coleby, Nwankwo, Doughty) are no longer available, and it was already pretty slim pickings then. If Chukwu wants to come here, there's no valid reason to turn him away.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Save the scholarship and get someone else?
Assuming there's no one else available for this season (which I doubt there is), I'd rather bring him in. Odds are they won't be able to fill the 6 or 7 scholarships they'll have open following the 15-16 season entirely with polished/highly ranked players. They're off to a good start with Larrier and Diarra plus interest from others, but with that big of a class to fill I'd rather take a guy like Chukwu while we can get him.

Reaction Score
bring him in and our practice team is as good as our starting team - hence making our starting team all the better
same fundamental as what kensukit did last year, except they were all eligible to play - smartly, ours won't be just wasting away on a bench
use legit players as scout team, as opposed to Lenehan/Watts ( no offense to them at all).
no brainer to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman