Paris Olympics Discussion Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Paris Olympics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, it's finally here! The USWNT is playing it's first game against Japan at 9 pm in France (3 pm EST). I'm hyped. I'll be recording and ignoring this thread at 3 so I don't get spoiled by those who are watching it live.

How good is Japan? Do they have any height?

Per the roster sheet, no. Their tallest players are listed at 6 feet.

Reaction Score

Per the roster sheet, no. Their tallest players are listed at 6 feet.
Um. Don't you mean 5'12"? :p

Reaction Score
Um. Don't you mean 5'12"? :p

Tonight Show What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Hey...I just post the link. No idea as to how FIBA determines when 5'12" and 6" should be used. :confused:

Reaction Score
6' is used when converting from metric. 5'12" is used when converting from Hartley units.
FIBA has both 5'12" and 6' listed for players on Japan's roster page. This takes away from the fun in taking shots at FIBA for how they report player heights :p.

Reaction Score

Congratulations to Nigeria! Their first win at the Olympics in 20 years and it's against the Opals of Australia. Haven't read the boxscore that closely however turnovers and frees throws look to be the culprits.

Turnovers - Australia had 26 compared to 15 for Nigeria.

Free Throws - Australia was 8/18 compared to Nigeria's 18/21.
Wow! I am hoping that this game is on replay on one of the many platforms. Congrats, Nigeria!!

Reaction Score
Wow! I am hoping that this game is on replay on one of the many platforms. Congrats, Nigeria!!
If you have Peacock, you may be able to. The Canada-France game was streamed there I recall. Wouldn't recommend watching the Canada-France game however. Canada fell apart in the 2nd and never recovered.:(

Reaction Score
Gigs, A'ja, Stewie and Brittney, are pretty much unstoppable by Japan. Nevertheless. Japan playing pretty tough, Single digit lead until last seconds of the first half. Chelsea win ten assists looking good.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
For all the talk of brining CC or Arike, what the US team really seems to be missing is some strong perimeter defenders.

Japan is making ridiculous shots. But yeah the D could be a lot better. I think it will be.

Reaction Score
Or shooters.
McBride for Plum probably makes the most sense if you were going to make a change imo.
Japan is making ridiculous shots. But yeah the D could be a lot better. I think it will be.
Seems to have cleaned it up in the second with a lot of switching. The biggest issue are probably A'ja and BG's struggles defending guards on the perimeter, but not much you can do about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom