Parade is Sunday at 4 PM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Parade is Sunday at 4 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You bitch but offer no alternative. "All the possibilities" consists of what? Not the following weekend, that's Easter. We have folks complaining about Palm Sunday. Not the weekend after that, the event would be stale. Have these 2 champion teams serve as the warm-up act for a 3-9 team? Pass. This Sunday is the only date that makes sense. I would like it earlier than 4, but I'm sure they would to.

Alternative: Saturday 1pm/2pm/3pm/4pm. Showers supposed to end in the morning, clearing and sun in afternoon. Genius! Honestly i do not know how i came up with that.

Reaction Score
You bitch but offer no alternative. "All the possibilities" consists of what? Not the following weekend, that's Easter. We have folks complaining about Palm Sunday. Not the weekend after that, the event would be stale. Have these 2 champion teams serve as the warm-up act for a 3-9 team? Pass. This Sunday is the only date that makes sense. I would like it earlier than 4, but I'm sure they would to.

Also, when was i ever endorsing that these teams serve as the "warm-up act for a 3-9 team"? Lost me there.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Is that all winning two titles mean to you? More "exposure" for another team? Tying this celebration to an exhibition FB game would be a huge insult and wouldn't have sold one ticket.

Lmao so Waquoit thinks I only care aboutfootball exposure after winning twohoops titles and some other people tell me I'm not a football fan because I have basketball in my handle, can't win lol.

Admission is free btw not sure who's selling you tickets but you're being ripped off!

Reaction Score
I forgot what it was; but, I thought there was another event taking place in Hartford on Saturday (Bushnell?) that could conflict with the parade. Also, the parade is typically very family friendly. Spring sports have begun (I am a little league coach) and most play on Saturday and not Sunday, maybe the organizers were worried that Saturday would cut back on attendance. Next weekend is Easter, so that was a no go from the start.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Alternative: Saturday 1pm/2pm/3pm/4pm. Showers supposed to end in the morning, clearing and sun in afternoon. Genius! Honestly i do not know how i came up with that.

Genius, huh? The only thing I would like less than having the BB parade linked to the Spring Game would be having it in conflict with the Spring Game. But as I alluded to over a week ago, having the teams for a pre-game meet and greet would be great.

Reaction Score
Is it known/announced that the Men's & Women's teams & trophies will be there?
And that there will be some ceremonial recognition?

If so, then I'd travel to East Hartford and see the Rent for the first time ever. Yep, I'm one of those people you are claiming would be drawn to a recon mission that might interest me in football. Until I read this thread a bit, I wasn't aware that there actually was a spring game already scheduled. Because CR is so completely driven by football, this does seem to be a fumbled opportunity UNLESS my two questions are answered YES. And if they are answered Yes, where would I get more information?

Yep, these questions and comments are from someone who has spent a lot of time on UCONN basketball for over a half century.
It is just the day after. Give them time to develop the event(s). I am sure we will know more by tomorrow. Having a background in event planning, I know people rarely appreciate or understand all the work involved in putting something like these events together.

Reaction Score
[quyou have ="SteveUConn, post: 928058, member: 4889"]Not sure your point. Repetition does not make something right or perfect.[/quote]
If you have the stroke to arrang police, fire, and emergency personnel...not to mention construction issues and other schedules in just a 5 day window...I am sure they would appreciate your help. Any funds you are willing to donate would also be welcomed.
Only in Connecticut would people start bitching about parade schedule the day after winning TWO NATIONAL TITLES and five days before our chance to see our new football coach in some action for the first time. I guess this is our version of passion so I can't be mad.

Reaction Score
Is that all winning two titles mean to you? More "exposure" for another team? Tying this celebration to an exhibition FB game would be a huge insult and wouldn't have sold one ticket.

It's free and seats 40k.

Reaction Score
I'm not looking to stir up any political trouble or anything, but I just passing along this tweet via ctnewsjunkie.com:

"Malloy is leaving for a Florida vacation this afternoon. He will return April 13. Until then, Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman is in charge"

For his and UConn's sake, I hope the 4 p.m. Sunday start was not done to accommodate his return from vacation.

Reaction Score
Is it known/announced that the Men's & Women's teams & trophies will be there?
And that there will be some ceremonial recognition?

If so, then I'd travel to East Hartford and see the Rent for the first time ever. Yep, I'm one of those people you are claiming would be drawn to a recon mission that might interest me in football. Until I read this thread a bit, I wasn't aware that there actually was a spring game already scheduled. Because CR is so completely driven by football, this does seem to be a fumbled opportunity UNLESS my two questions are answered YES. And if they are answered Yes, where would I get more information?
Yep, these questions and comments are from someone who has spent a lot of time on UCONN basketball for over a half century.

You already missed your first opportunity:

"Come Have Your Photo Taken With The
2011 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Trophy
2010 BIG EAST Football Championship Trophy
2011 BIG EAST Men’s Basketball Championship Trophy
2011 BIG EAST Women’s Basketball Championship Trophy
"

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/...ing-game-central.html?altcast_code=db5674225f

Where would you get more information? Really? www.uconnhuskies.com

I forgot what it was; but, I thought there was another event taking place in Hartford on Saturday (Bushnell?) that could conflict with the parade. Also, the parade is typically very family friendly. Spring sports have begun (I am a little league coach) and most play on Saturday and not Sunday, maybe the organizers were worried that Saturday would cut back on attendance. Next weekend is Easter, so that was a no go from the start.

There are two shows at the Bushnell, starting at 1 and then 3 (I think).

Saturday was difficult because the Spring Football game is already scheduled for the afternoon.

Reaction Score
To try and stand alone on this is idiotic. Why would it be a problem to have the parade on Saturday and have it end at the Rent? I'll go out on a limb here and say, if having a choice, the players from both teams would rather not have the parade. They appreciate the fans and want to let them know that but in all likelihood they would rather get it over by having one event, i.e., parade and not have to be at the Rent on Saturday and then parade on Sunday.

A parade is a parade. Why not use our dual championships to promote the FB team? Let them win something first? Pffft.....

Reaction Score
[quyou have ="SteveUConn, post: 928058, member: 4889"]Not sure your point. Repetition does not make something right or perfect.
If you have the stroke to arrang police, fire, and emergency personnel...not to mention construction issues and other schedules in just a 5 day window...I am sure they would appreciate your help. Any funds you are willing to donate would also be welcomed.
Only in Connecticut would people start bitching about parade schedule the day after winning TWO NATIONAL TITLES and five days before our chance to see our new football coach in some action for the first time. I guess this is our version of passion so I can't be mad.[/quote]

1) No, it isn't my job to arrange that. I do my job efficiently, and if given such a task i would complete it when it needs to be completed. And, you're telling my this can be done in 6 days, but in no way cannot it be done in 5 days? Okay.

2) Me saying the parade is better served on a Saturday, rather than Sunday, says nothing about my level of passion. No relation at all, that's a moronic comment. The parade can be on Saturday at noon, with an encouragement given by the final speaker at the rally to attend the Spring Scrimmage 10 min away at the Rent at 3pm. Done and done. Easy.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Me saying the parade is better served on a Saturday, rather than Sunday, says nothing about my level of passion.

Maybe not. But it does give away your lack of situational awareness.

Reaction Score
To try and stand alone on this is idiotic. Why would it be a problem to have the parade on Saturday and have it end at the Rent? I'll go out on a limb here and say, if having a choice, the players from both teams would rather not have the parade. They appreciate the fans and want to let them know that but in all likelihood they would rather get it over by having one event, i.e., parade and not have to be at the Rent on Saturday and then parade on Sunday.

A parade is a parade. Why not use our dual championships to promote the FB team? Let them win something first? Pffft.....

Because if you have it end on the rent you are forcing fans to pick between the spring game and end of game rally, or the parade, which defeats the purpose of combining the two events.

You really think people will/should or even can: go downtown, watch the parade, get in their cars, drive to the rent, and attend the rally?

And with Silver Lane shut down for the parade rally, you're going to send everyone down Route 2 and through Pratt & Whitney to the Red Lot? Going in that way can be convenient, but not when it's a few thousand cars all at the same time.

Considering one of the bridges would have to be shut down for the FOUR MILE parade route from downtown to the Rent, do you think traffic will be light enough for thousands of people to get in their cars, drive to the same place, park at the same time, and make the rally?

I understand the desire to link the two events, but it simply cannot happen the way some here think it can. If they try it, it will be a nightmare. Both events are more likely to suffer than to succeed.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The parade exists in this form so a bunch of handjob politicians can give their stupid remarks.

You have to have a stupid parade to appease the idiots in Hartford - fine. Not having anything at the Rent Saturday is pure idiocy.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The parade exists in this form so a bunch of handjob politicians can give their stupid remarks.

You have to have a stupid parade to appease the idiots in Hartford - fine. Not having anything at the Rent Saturday is pure idiocy.

Who says there's not going to be anything at The Rent?

Reaction Score
For some reason the State of Connecticut refuses to allow two state-related events to occur on the same day. Always been this way, and it helps define Hartford as a small-time city.
Let me know where it's stated that the State refuses to allow 2 events on the same day. Can't agree with your logic on this. I also personally don't see why the parades had to be tied into the spring game. Where would they parade? In the Blue Lot? Silver Lane? Get serious.

Reaction Score
Found out my daughters' high school marching band got invited to march in the parade...pretty cool....she's psyched...
I assume they'll be going with "Shipping up to Boston" like they did at the New Haven St Patrick's Day Parade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom