Palpable Buzz | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Palpable Buzz

Reaction Score
He was toasted repeatedly and had trouble with size on him. Alterique is the third best player on this team after Jalen and Terry. We need him to be good but not to run the team for this year, he's not there yet.

If Jalen is not running the show as the lead guard with the rock in his hands mostly, we will not be good. Yes Rique will get to handle the rock as well but it should be 80 to 20% in favor of Jalen.
Wrong

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
And absolutely no one wants "balls out" and "cutting off" in the same sentence without any clarifying punctuation

cutting off penetration, no less ! I thought this was the "palpable buzz" thread, not the Akok thread, but that sounds like a job for Akok.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The real test for being the best player on the team is if he makes everyone around him better. When healthy AG has all the tools to do that. I can't wait to see if the reports are true!
Agree Jim. If AG is the best player on the team it will be because he's tossing around dimes left and right. Jalen is the likely beneficiary of most of them.

AG and CV's development means more open looks for Jalen and less wear and tear from excess minutes.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Wrong
He seemed lost and lazy majority of the time. Defense is the hardest thing to learn coming into college. I think he'll be fine. Hopefully he watches some boatright and Ricky videos

Reaction Score
He seemed lost and lazy majority of the time. Defense is the hardest thing to learn coming into college. I think he'll be fine. Hopefully he watches some boatright and Ricky videos
Lazy is a bit harsh, no? He seemed unsure with the defensive scheme. But it was 2 games into his freshman season. What else did you expect?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Lazy is a bit harsh, no? He seemed unsure with the defensive scheme. But it was 2 games into his freshman season. What else did you expect?
Right and I agree. But he wasn't a great defender in those games. He can be now that he's been around college ball for over a year

Reaction Score
Right and I agree. But he wasn't a great defender in those games. He can be now that he's been around college ball for over a year

No excuses for the kid but he averaged a ton of steals I believe in HS which tends to make me believe he floated around looking for the steal. I mean in HS you can get away with "cheating" in order to make a play but in college you make the rest of the defense breakdown, I am sure he gets that. Hard to break habits but I expect him to be a tough on ball defender.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Haven't seen enough of Gilbert to comment on this. Not sure how anyone else thinks they have. It doesn't matter. There is "buzz" around UConn basketball again. That's all that matters. Now these guys just need to play together and win some games.

Reaction Score
Yes, we get you are not high on AG, but he's a lot better than you give him credit for. He was not roasted. He had 7 steals in 2.5 games. You need to stop making assumptions that JA or AG is the best player, both will have the ball in their hands throughout the game. Stop making it a competition. PS - JA averaged over 3 TO's per game, AG 1.3 TO's.
Jalen will be our leading scorer again. After that nobody really knows. There will be surprises both positive and negative because there always is.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is there any buzz about Gilbert's shoulder acting up again?

Reaction Score
If you saw AG play last year you could see in the sample size we got that this kid was seriously talented. I dont care whos "best" all i care about basketball wise is that they stay healthy and play at all conference level. If we get atleast that we`ll be in good shape come March when we begin our run to #5

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom